it's sardine, lets get some platitudes :P

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

3rd attempt, still no credit, sorry requiel but this is clearly not working >.<

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

4th attempt and finally, i had to melee the bastid (solo) with a menta hotting me and i was out of group to get credit. This is supposed to be a group encounter. Sorry requiel but imo this is not the done deal and needs a serious examination. >(

Aneline
Emerald Rider

Post by Aneline »

^

and who was it that came up with this obviously brilliant idea ?
.../blush :P

took a couple of kills in diff variations, grp'ed, ungrp'ed, melee, focus, ranged, casting, heh but never the less you got it now and can move on, maybe leave it at that ? ;)
Mid/excal - Aneline, + more
Hib/Pryd - Aneline, + more
Alb/classic - Aneline, + more
:coffee2:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Rejecta wrote:Why don't you spam useless crap like the rest of us :D?
cause it would be wierd if Requil would spam, ffs goa fix this/that!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Lothandar wrote:Edit: How about this, award credit to people who can prove they are entitled to it? I don't see what's the problem with this.
Because it's not as simple as that. In some cases it's going to be impossible to prove whether or not you are entitled to credit as there simply won't be enough info available - some encounters have distance requirements or time requirements for credit for example. If we gave credit to those who clearly deserved it, we would have to endlessly justify to every single borderline case why they didn't get credit awarded but their friend who did the encounter earlier did. As Lairiodd said, we'd also get spammed with chancers trying to get free credit for encounters and arguing the toss when we said no. We either give credit to everyone without asking questions or we have to give it to no-one. There is no fair and equitable compromise.

And I checked the Haje Uraei encounter myself as a result of the initial report. I can assure you that from a coding point of view there's nothing wrong with it. This is what I was referring to in my initial post about finding and fixing bugs. There clearly was something wrong for you when you did it, but that problem isn't in the encounter code. It would seem to be something to do with the way in which databases communicate and thus part of the game backend. The encounter isn't broken.

xianghua
Emerald Rider

Post by xianghua »

Arcsalin wrote:If you have complaints about the game then don't bother because this is the sort of arrogant reply you will get >.<

Response (CM_EN) 08/08/2005 02:44 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem and can fully understand your frustration(this is clearly a joke in the way this person goes about justifying his/her answer without clearly thinking about what this person is saying) but no, I will not grant credit.

Not getting credit because you die or because an encounter was done wrong is part of the game (This suggests i was being dishonest at both attempts and i am not pleased nor amused by this remark). We realise that bugs should be part of the game (ehm? really, so why bother doing all that testing before you release patches only to find you cannot do your job properly? I pay for a service that is in adequate, flawed and inconsistent as they clearly admit, people are paid to do their jobs and to get it right!! and if they aren't doing things right then we should get a refund. I find this disgusting that they offer a service and then arrogantly say they this is what you pay for? I didn't pay my subs for this service, nor for the kind of disgusting reply I got in return) and we are working very hard with Mythic to get all of the bugs fixed (which they never do as the game even from patches of 2 years ago are still bugged) . But in the meanwhile it will remain a part of the game that you sometimes have to do a step several times(In other words, I can't be arsed doing anything about it). And in all honesty killing that Snake isn't a very hard step(Yeah sure, solo ranger, guildless, few friends online at any one time who have always other things to do, bow temp ranger ehm try again mate).

Good luck!

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Name : Scythyjn
Server name : Prydwen
Class : Ranger
Race : Elf
Date : August 7 2005
Time 21:45 pm

How many times must I do ml 6.1 before i get credit? [Incident: 050807-000116]

Sorry to be showing a little annoyance here but i've just done this encounter (Haj Uraei) for the second time while being in a group and not getting credit.

The first time i was in a group with a druid and a light mentalist with a pet - no credit last week. I've just done it right now with a full group and yes i died but the group killed it and I still did not get credit. I have all of ml6 done bar that step. I find it very annoying when I deliberately go out of my way for a second occasion without complaint and still find the game is not working properly.

Can you explain why I am not getting credit when the mob was killed legitimately? And I would like some assurance that either :-
A) You will give me credit without having to do it yet again.
or
B) If have to do this again because there is quite clearly a bug in the game that you will ensure that I won't suffer the same experience as I have in the past two attempts to gain credit.

I find it ridiculous that I attempt something quite legitimately, and never get credit for something. It's not exactly a common mob, nor is it easily found as it roams. Please fix this problem for me now so that I can move on to ml 7 (which is completed along with ml 8 ).

Thanks.

And thank you too goa, you need to get this person sorted out because obviously their comprehension of english and customer needs are clearly wanting.

This person seemed to think i was scrounging for credit when i was actually making a legitimate complaint. The person failed to answer my question in every instance. It is also quite obvious from this answer that there is no intention to do anything about anything that is bugged until they get the nod from mythic when the service they supply is supposed to ensure that the player gets no 'as they put it' grieving from the game, this should be the case in every instance, not just from players.

Had I been given a more satisfactory answer as to what the problem is with this 'minor incident' ie the nature of what the problem is with it, then I'd have felt more confident with the reply. But if this is the sort of reply you are going to get for such a small incident then it hardly breeds confidence in their customers and their delivery of this service and any future problems.

A round of applause for GOA if you please /clap.

for the 28945255620525805195 time....

goa is NOT ALLOWED to do ANYTHING with the gamecode, so when stone-age old bugs dont get fixed its the yanks to blame not goa :p

ow and fyi your BG leader can grant you credit, you dont need goa for that cuz they wont give a shit
Xianghua Heroine rr10
Seltir Healer rr7
Hatchetdwarf Skald rr6
Liao Cleric rr6
+ some pre rr5 toons

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Requiel wrote:There clearly was something wrong for you when you did it, but that problem isn't in the encounter code. It would seem to be something to do with the way in which databases communicate and thus part of the game backend. The encounter isn't broken.
Heya Req,

For us game idiots it seem to me that whether it is the game coding or the databases communication which stops people getting credit - it does not matter. We do not know the difference between the two and in a way do not care.

If we do the encounter and do not get credit then whatever the reason the encounter is bugged.

A simple way of looking at it I know but then I am a simpleton

I appreciate that from an expert gamer point of view - especially when you are trying to fix it - there is a huge difference between the two but saying the encounter is not broken if it does not give credit as it should does leave me scratching my head.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

And FYI ur bg leader can grant credit for BG step t.t
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

xianghua wrote:for the 28945255620525805195 time....

goa is NOT ALLOWED to do ANYTHING with the gamecode, so when stone-age old bugs dont get fixed its the yanks to blame not goa :p

ow and fyi your BG leader can grant you credit, you dont need goa for that cuz they wont give a shit
Btw, is goa allowed to mix with the gamecode? ]/Ankh[/B]

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”