New to Hib Groups

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

[quote="Sharkith"]Yes and we all have to do it in game and as often as time will allow. A friendly face can make such a difference to those early days. I enjoy meeting them - even if a few are a bit odd!

]

You need to be careful though m8. If you get too friendly with new people you might get stuck with people like... me!!! <shudders>

;-)

Sugah
Emerald Rider

Post by Sugah »

This game is badly in need of marketing. The other day a mate at work told me he might start playing wow. Hes never played mmorpg's before so must of seen this on TV.
Hib/Pry
Minewt - Eldritch - Tailor in Training
Mingle - Ranger - Fletcher in Training
Sugah - Vampiir - Alcoholic in Training
Arctura - Druid
Minuwt - Chanter

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Sugah show him DAoC... FAST!!!

Kelalle
Emerald Rider

Post by Kelalle »

I've just come back to the game , played WoW since its release in US ( am English and play euro DAoC btw ) and tbh , i've got bored of WoW .
At least with DAoC , with the different classes you get quest variation , where-as wow has hardly any .
Also stuff promised in beta still hasn't arrived ( no surprise there really ) and server stability is a joke .

Blizzard have allowed their servers to become way overpopulated compared to what the servers can realistically handle ( this is from US server prospective , don't know what euro servers are like ) .

So in my opinion , i'd rather play DAoC withs its server stability than what WoW offers me atm .
Nightly you can end up with a server que ( sp? ) of upto an hour to get onto your server ( this is for high populated ones ) .
With regards to WoW pvp versus DAoC pvp , atm i'd take DAoC as Wow PvP is non - existant , unless you count PvP servers wheres it just turns into high lvls ganking low lvls ( and i speak from experience on that ).
Lvl 60 in Wow can take all of 2 weeks to achieve , extremely easy to do , which in its own way is a plus , but also has a downside in that there is very little content bar a couple of instances for that lvl . So you find a lot of lvl 60's just preying on the lower lvls that are trying to do quests etc ( this is on a PvP server which i play on ) .

ant
Emerald Rider

Post by ant »

i am new to realm came from mid excal and gota say so far its going real well meet alot of nice ppl etc am in sylvan blades have a 46 chanter antsm and 27 ranger sharkin(want this as main )

imo this realm is so friendly its a joy to play big gratz to all of you who are working to make/keep it so pleasant

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Hi Ant,

welcome to Hibernia Prydwen!

I am glad you have found us friendly and I am sure you have found some of our more quirky members by now.

:classic:

Your soon to be main sounds like a cousin of mine.

Sharkith

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”