What classes are needed in Hib these days?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Yurian
Emerald Rider

Post by Yurian »

Luz wrote:This is because of :

which is SADLY ALL TO TRUE... :<
I got Druid, Bard, Caster - can hardly ever, ever find a grp outside guild anyway.
Not rly m8. U can rarely see a full gg in ecl /as so they always yelling for some missing chars, and 90% of times it is some sort of tank
<Golden Age>
Yurian Harmsong Tiarna Bard
ML10 Sojourner
Yuriann Healsong Silver Hand Druid
ML5 Perfecter
Yurianos Bubblesong Cosantoir Warden
ML10 Battlemaster
Farmaris Ultramarine Savant Champion (under construction)
ML1 Banelord
WinAmp is now playing:

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Maeloch wrote:As has already been said bm's and defensive tanks with a full set of MLs and ToA will are prolly in most demand as they are the hardest to get lvled and toa'd for RvR.

Casters can live without MLs and are the easiest to lvl, farm scrolls, solo artifacts, etc - there has always been too many of them anyway. Druids used to be in short supply, but everyone and his grandma has a bb they can spec 44nurt/3xregrow etc to use as both bb and active drood if needed so would say that don't have the time they used to to get easy rvr grps.

Bottom line the easier it is to PvE, the harder it'll be to get RvR grps. Supply and demand.
think Mealoch got the point, NE is full of PVE players where you really cant to much with a tank but you can do alot with Casters (enchanter, menta,animist..).
On the other side we have Eclipse and NFD where all the big RVR guilds are.They dont care much about PVE they only need equippment and ML's and then they do RVR.And what i saw they really know (and like) how to BG and assist with tanks wich needs far more practice then assisting with casters.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Giga
Emerald Rider

Post by Giga »

now i know thes is about what classes is needed the most but i couldet help stepping the the posts where ppl saying they ar missing xx classses in rvr..

and dont kill me now cos i havent been in hib/pryds rvr for that long but the times ive been there i have notice no NF or Hw or Emain CG/BG how come? maybe i have just been there the times there have been none but a NF CG is good to counter enemy zergs, keep/tower takes, make the enemy confuset :p and finding the classes for groups that is needed,

now in the case that no cg have been out until now as soon as your 2 or more in nf make a cg ;) and others make a /who CG ;)
HotBabe 50 bard
:monkey: Wham 30+ Menta :monkey:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Giga wrote:
and dont kill me now cos i havent been in hib/pryds rvr for that long but the times ive been there i have notice no NF or Hw or Emain CG/BG how come? maybe i have just been there the times there have been none but a NF CG is good to counter enemy zergs, keep/tower takes, make the enemy
1. would be way to much spam in it
2. Groups are made with friendslist,/as and irc/msn (eclipse /as being the 'rvr only' one)
3. Communication of zerg goes over /as (at least in /eclipse alliance)
4. BG/CG are made only for certain situations.

This is how i see it blabl;abla
finland:
holland:

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

[quote="Aranor"]Only the Animist is toa'd though. :p Might be a reason at least for some groups. ]

yes coz they all gimps that dont understand their own good!

animist 4tw!!
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

[quote="Giga"] and dont kill me now cos i havent been in hib/pryds rvr for that long but the times ive been there i have notice no NF or Hw or Emain CG/BG how come? maybe i have just been there the times there have been none but a NF CG is good to counter enemy zergs, keep/tower takes, make the enemy confuset :p and finding the classes for groups that is needed, QUOTE]

I havn't been here long but I can't recall ever having seen an RvR CG/BG, even during a relic defence. Of course as no-one in RvR ever answers /tells it's then impossible to find out where you might be needed. Last time we lost a relic I tried for nearly 2 hours to find out where I was needed before giving up in despair & heading back to PvE.

Same old same old
- On the one hand "OMG WTF weren't there more people helping defend our relics!?!1!"
- On the other hand you never get an RvR group & there's no BG/CG.
<shrug>
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

There isn't a habit of running frontier cg's/bg's on hib pryd. Sometimes (I think every Monday?) the Nature's Eye alliance hold rvr nights where community goes out and rvr (zerg) together. This is a good thing for those that don't have regular rvr groups and don't know what it's like being in one.
I guess you are from alb excal for suggesting there be a cg at all times:-P
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

like said NE-alliance has a BG every monday from 20:30 CET, everyone invited not only alliance people,its meant to do something together once a week specially for lower RR.
We mostly have 3-4 FG and do keep-and towertakes.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Blight wrote:I guess you are from alb excal for suggesting there be a cg at all times:-P
hehe no I came from the US servers a couple of months ago, but this is the first realm/server I've ever played on where there aren't constant multiple RvR BG/CGs :p

As soon as I'm finished with MLs I'll start to look out for the NE-alliance RvR BG on monday nights :)

Back to on-topic ... From what I've seen thus far in my limited experience there seems to be a certain lack of Bards, Shield Tanks, Wardens, and dedicated played Druids in that order. There certainly seems no lack of mage & stealth classes :>

Just pick something you'll enjoy playing IMO & let the rest sort itself out :D
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Shike

Post by Shike »

demand is kinda floating imo, sometimes its wardens, sometimes druids, sometimes BM etc.. always been like that.

Roll something you think you will have fun with, with cluster inc I expect BGs to be more active aswell and gives you a decent chanse at testing it in RVR aswell.

Also very hard to judge what will be required more or less since we will join up with Excal, I have no clue how their situation is.
~o~
Shikei, Temples, Shike, Imidyr and Shiko
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”