Dragon Respec stones, Goa's Responce

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Xest wrote:Well I remember the old spec AF bug being one of the more prominent, as to how I know, well Kemor admitting that Animist DD bomber delves being too low after debuff on the euro servers as a euro only issue was a pretty good one too. Fact is there's been SO many euro only bugs that it's just too much of a coincidence that they only occur on the euro servers. The problem is the euro only bugs range from client bugs, to content bugs, to billing bugs, to website bugs, to xml bugs - are you seriously claiming Mythic is reponsible for all of them?
All you've done is post a list of issues, you haven't demonstrated that any of them are due to us breaking code sent by Mythic. Some aren't even to do with code sent by Mythic (XML, billing and website issues). I don't think you quite understand how the testing and patching process works. Euro only bugs are due to the fact that the code base and the server environment for the international version of the game are not the same as for the US version. Therefore the code we get from Mythic needs to be tested fully in all languages - including English. We test it, report bugs back to Mythic, they fix it, we test the fixes, report new bugs back to Mythic and so on until the patch works. Because the code we are running is different to the US code, it doesn't suprise me that we'd encounter different bugs. There have been some US bugs that didn't appear on Euro servers for the same reason.
Xest wrote:I've played DAoC long enough to realise that when GOA blame Mythic, even when there's been proof otherwise and Mythic themselves have stated otherwise. I'm not saying Mythic haven't screwed up but GOA do have a track record of blaming everyone else - game issues, they blame mythic, connection issues they blame opentransit, billing issues they blame their billing company.
Some things are our fault and we put our hands up and say so. When one of our routers broke just after 1.71 went live for example, we acknowledged the problem, fixed it and made recompense for it. Some things aren't our fault no matter how much people want to blame us for them. I don't believe we've ever 'blamed' our billing company for anything, there have been problems but I don't recall any official announcement that we weren't responsible. We do however have the right - and the duty - to defend ourselves against misinformed accusations. If people are claiming for example that lag is due to our servers being sub-par when the real reason is a misbehaving router in London or Amsterdam, then we have to squash those rumours before they become accepted as fact otherwise, by inaction we help to propagate a false impression which will impact negatively on our customers.
Xest wrote:If it was all true why is only GOA plagued with all these issues when countless over services using the same suppliers as GOA do never suffer the problems GOA do? If it was now and again fair enough but GOA seem to blame someone else for something every few weeks.
I take it you're talking about OT here? I can't think of any other recurring problem off the top of my head. The reason that the vast majority of providers using OT never have a problem is because they aren't running a service which requires a constant and unbroken connection. If you have 2 second lag or constant spikes while transferring files or surfing you'll barely notice it. Only services such as DAoC will really suffer from problems such as this.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

All you've done is post a list of issues, you haven't demonstrated that any of them are due to us breaking code sent by Mythic. Some aren't even to do with code sent by Mythic (XML, billing and website issues). I don't think you quite understand how the testing and patching process works.
I'm sorry you can't comprehend basic English, I was merely listing the sorts of issues you have stating you have a track record of screwing things up in every department, why would the game code be any different?
Euro only bugs are due to the fact that the code base and the server environment for the international version of the game are not the same as for the US version.
Oh but as you said earlier, loot tables are just that, a list of loot and the chances of dropping, something that wouldn't need to change between versions unless GOA were to say, add in some new items as part of their quests for example...
I don't believe we've ever 'blamed' our billing company for anything, there have been problems but I don't recall any official announcement that we weren't responsible.
It depends how you define official announcement. I'm not sure GOA ever officially admitted to taking money out of cancelled account but Kemor did announce originally when tons of people have the issue that it was your billing provider.
I take it you're talking about OT here? I can't think of any other recurring problem off the top of my head. The reason that the vast majority of providers using OT never have a problem is because they aren't running a service which requires a constant and unbroken connection. If you have 2 second lag or constant spikes while transferring files or surfing you'll barely notice it. Only services such as DAoC will really suffer from problems such as this.
Not so much OT, I was more talking about the various different issues GOA have - there's always something wrong, if it's not OT it's billing, if it's not billing it's the XML, if it's not the XML it's server crashes, then there was the hacking for example, and following the hacking the various screw ups getting people their new passwords, then the lvl100 troll on the PvP server etc. - the euro servers have always been plagued with problems. Also it's issues like this, where GOA refuse to compensate the player even when the documentation clearly states that the stones should be dropping. Sure the US servers have issues, but on nowhere near the scale or regularity of the euro servers.

Now this really is just speculation, but I get the impression GOA are running on a shoe string budget and if that's the case I sympaphise with the staff that probably want to offer the same level of service as Mythic do, but at the same time GOAs management should bet he ones explaining to the players why there are so many issues and often on such a large scale. Are GOA really running on such a low budget or are you honestly suggesting that GOA really are just this unlucky with the amount and scale of problems they continuously have?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Cyfr
Emerald Rider

Post by Cyfr »

Hehe /level 20 available to all accounts not just 50's...

Good testing to say that was the main thing in the patch!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

im curious

what will happen if the guy previously gets the answer from mythic that indeed requiel is correct?

I do hope everyone will appologise :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

If a CSR admits the dropchance is actually not 100% but near 99.9% then they will argue how CSR's are incompetent clowns.

Ofcourse when a CSR magically manages to say something which fits 'them US players' the CSR's suddenly become very competent all-knowing employees who support the way better firm Mythic instead of GOA
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

This thread was a good laugh after a while :)

I think thers a simple explanation, why US CS guy said its 100% drop chance.

Imagine, youre a CSR. You have 5 people waiting in queue for your help, and there is some guy named Xest who needs some information. There is nice internal tool with short notices about people CSR ussualy communicate with, and for Xest there is one simple entry - "annoying as fuck". Now as CSR will you:
a.) Think about old dragon raids you've been in as a player, and simply answer with "yes its 100%", and go on to help other people,
or
b.) Go 3 floors up in Mythic's building to find some coder to look into the database if some drop everyone playing DAoC thinks is 100% is actualy 99.99%, spending 15 minuts for some answer when you have 3 people in your queue loosing their time on broken artifact encounters and stuff.

Whatever people think about GOA and their services, if database they got from Mythic says 99.99% and official patch notes they got from Mythic says "every time", than it's Mythic's fault, and they cant do shit about it.

:hijack:
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Cuchuluhain wrote:oh and whilst french law doesnt stretch outside french soil..

you`ll find that the servers are hosted in france and all transactions and activity there ARE subject to french law
I think the european court of human rights will get involved the way this thread is going.
Mael, 50th ment.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

the lawers already are :)

im sure more lawers play this game now than previously :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Botond
Emerald Rider

Post by Botond »

HappyG wrote:This thread was a good laugh after a while :)

I think thers a simple explanation, why US CS guy said its 100% drop chance.

Imagine, youre a CSR. You have 5 people waiting in queue for your help, and there is some guy named Xest who needs some information. There is nice internal tool with short notices about people CSR ussualy communicate with, and for Xest there is one simple entry - "annoying as fuck". Now as CSR will you:
a.) Think about old dragon raids you've been in as a player, and simply answer with "yes its 100%", and go on to help other people,
or
b.) Go 3 floors up in Mythic's building to find some coder to look into the database if some drop everyone playing DAoC thinks is 100% is actualy 99.99%, spending 15 minuts for some answer when you have 3 people in your queue loosing their time on broken artifact encounters and stuff.

Whatever people think about GOA and their services, if database they got from Mythic says 99.99% and official patch notes they got from Mythic says "every time", than it's Mythic's fault, and they cant do shit about it.

:hijack:
Doesnt matter if its 100% or 99,99% drop.If they announce it WILL drop and it aint,they have to replace the stuff manually,so it should "work as intended".Things might work right,and the daoc engine works fine,and it aint a bug,but still RA stones not droppin means that it aint working as intended.US server CSR guy main goal is to make customers happy,while the GoA crew always just wanted to make sure every1 knows they are the big guys,never cared about customers.Like the lasttime when they said lag aint based on their serverpark,and a maintance still suddenly solved the problem.Or those infamous ML5.1-8 raids where neither side was up,even tho one side supposed to be up always,and if we asked a GM to make event pop none of em helped due to rnd excuses.

So who cares if it 99,99% or 100% drop by the code?They promised a sure drop,time to keep their word!

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

This discussion is quite silly especially since RA stones arent that hard to get - but I do get the point with the discussion....but I still think your overreacting and personally i've never had any problems with GOA's technical staff (or their wifes)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”