Dragon Respec stones, Goa's Responce

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Gayo"]How the hell can ppl say that GOA is lying, noone but GOA has any idea about the drop rate for the dragon. So stop being such knowitall arses and accept the answer that GOA has given, give me 3 reasons why they would lie.

I asked a man in my local supermarket yesterday, and he says its not a sure drop, so must be true. Jeeeez :lamer:

You all sound like children who have had their candy stolen or something.....

Just my oppinion ofc.... ]

rofl read Requiel's reply he has access to the drop rate table.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

[quote="Gayo"]How the hell can ppl say that GOA is lying, noone but GOA has any idea about the drop rate for the dragon. So stop being such knowitall arses and accept the answer that GOA has given, give me 3 reasons why they would lie.

I asked a man in my local supermarket yesterday, and he says its not a sure drop, so must be true. Jeeeez :lamer:

You all sound like children who have had their candy stolen or something.....

Just my oppinion ofc.... ]
Although saying that GoA is lying is a bit silly, the people, by right of the patch notes, are entitled to their item, no matter what it is, RA stone, Finlaith Firebrand or Random Spaghetti. The patchnotes specifically say that upon death Cuuldurach will drop RA stones.

Unfortunately we here face the problem that the code (as researched by Requiel) contradicts the patchnotes. The Code is written by Mythic, The Patchnotes on the GoA website are (or should be) written by GoA. GoA should either try to persuade Mythic to change it to 100% drop or change their own patchnotes. US patchnotes don't apply to EU servers.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Tare wrote:US patchnotes don't apply to EU servers.
They may not apply but they are exactly the same, GoA don't hold the rights to change anything ingame that has already been sent to them from Mythic and Mythic DAoC CSR told me that the stones are a 100% drop
Inactive

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

tbh ive never heard of an occasion where the dragon hasnt droped stones so im alittle confused when you say drop table?
surely this is a table about previous drops and barring one occasion (where it dropped nada zip zippo) they have always dropped?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Banana wrote:tbh ive never heard of an occasion where the dragon hasnt droped stones so im alittle confused when you say drop table?
surely this is a table about previous drops and barring one occasion (where it dropped nada zip zippo) they have always dropped?
The drop table is the list of all the loot that a monster can drop along with the chance of each item dropping as well as material level, quality and the random object generator to use where applicable.

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

If that's true you must have been terribly unlucky, this shouldn't be even a 1% chance as there has been thousands of dragon raids and never heard of this again.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I agree it's a 100% Customer Support issue IMO.
They expected a 100% drop rate.
The official documentation confirms their belief that it's a 100% drop rate.
They expected Customer Support to award them their believedly rightfully-earned stones.
They certainly didn't expect Customer Support to come along & stubbornly say ... Tough cookies M8s, there's a previously undocumented minutely small chance of them not dropping in complete & utter contradiction of all previously-published official documentation.

Give them the stones, apologise for not having been more helpful, and change the documentation IMO.

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Basically, when they say will drop they mean highly likely seeing as there is two very high chances for it to drop. Unfortunately with chances there is always an occasion when it doesn't. I'd guess that it's probably like 0.8 chance for a stack to drop and therefore 0.8*0.8 = 0.64. 0.2 * 0.2 = 0.04 1 - 0.04 = 0.96 so a 96% chance that some stone drops if that's the percentage.

I doubt Requiel will tell us the percentage for the stack of stones to drop however but it must be quite high seeing as a lot of the time 50 drop. The drop table must also set the number of items that that monster can drop or is that directly linked to the monster? If it is capped it could be that there was too many other items that dropped and therefore the limit of total items was capped. I don't know, I'm just speculating.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Would you lot back off for a minute and look at what youre saying.

Youre being hostile, aggressive,nasty, hell downright rude to a GM, one of the guys who has responsibility for running the game.

In short, youre pissing off the guy whos on your side with this 'waaaah youre a liar, we dont believe you' nonsense.

Requiel can look at the code, you cant, Requiel works for Goa you dont, Requiel has priveleges and abilities you dont. Yet somehow -he- is the liar?

WISE UP

You got a reasonable answer, unlike the 'tabled, need specifics' and Requiel is being polite enough to take unwarrented abuse, slander and having his company insulted to give you your answers. Guess what, he could quite easily have just replied 'tough' and that would have been that, hes at least making an effort to communicate, and you lot are acting like 3 year olds on too much sugar.

SHAME ON YOU.

Now, Goa have made several codebase changes, hurling for example is one of them, Mythic have taken that code and run with it. Statistically 99/100 times is enough to say 'Dragon will drop stones', because that 1% chance wont come up very much, in this case, it did, and for crying out loud, its RA stones, they arent exactly RARE are they? SO quit whining for goodness sake and go kill the lizard again.

If it happens SEVERAL times, then yes, you might have a case for concern, but right now, youre acting like spoilt brats and I for one think certain people owe Requiel an apology for their crummy behaviour.

Almighty Cuchuluhain.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i feel told off now and i only asked about the drop table :(

<hides under rock>
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”