For those of you that seem to have a problem with me playing Alb/Hib

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Rejecta wrote:Yes but I already said I only have one pc :p

Yeah I saw that which is why I deleted my message. The problem you will get is if you allow your second account to be logged in from another PC because the one PC protection is immediately lost.

Having got both hibs and albs on pryd it really is in your best interests to make sure that no-one is allowed to log in your second account when you are playing because that really can get you into deep water with GOA.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Requiel wrote:A couple of things to clear up a bit of confusion.

1: I was asked to check if Gamah was onlne during the relic raid. He had no ALb/Pryd characters logged in at that time.

2: It is not possible to use two clients on the same PC to log into different realms of the same server. This is a measure that was introduced in 1.70.

3: Crossrealming is defined by Goa as 'Using information from another realm that you could not have got through legitimate sources (ingame or from public XML) to give one realm an advantage.' By definition certain things are automatically crossrealming such as having two accounts logged in different realms at the same time. My advice to Gamah/Rejecta (apart from the usual 'Do Not Share Your Account' advice) is to be very careful that he is not put in a position where he can be accused of this. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts and it's not sensible to give them fuel to burn you with.

I suggest you take this message from Requiel as a gentle warning not to let your second account be logged on by someone else.

You really are regarded as a superb player by most people on this Board and it would be a shame if you got shafted because you kindly allowed someone else to play your characters.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't get a ban.

Ethild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ethild »

Briannon wrote:Having got both hibs and albs on pryd it really is in your best interests to make sure that no-one is allowed to log in your second account when you are playing because that really can get you into deep water with GOA.
Ethild was just killed by Ethilds!

Worked for me (It was so you that died Stupeh).
<Severance> GM.
Ethilds RR9 Warden
Minikene RR6 Ranger

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

That's pure lies. I bolted you from ailinne tower. :P
~

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Requiel wrote:People will believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts and it's not sensible to give them fuel to burn you with.
"Dammit be quiet I am almost through salvaging this ram for the bonfire."

Seriously Gamah you need to be a bit more careful - I would think there are very few people here who would like to see this get any more complicated than it is.

TY for the clarification Requiel.

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

So if Gamah's chars were logged in on both alb and hib, regardless of whos playing them, he'd be banned Requiel?
~

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

stupeh wrote:So if Gamah's chars were logged in on both alb and hib, regardless of whos playing them, he'd be banned Requiel?
No, as we could check IPs and some other things to see if there was actual crossrealming going on, however as we wouldn't disclose the results of our investigation, and as many people know that the two accounts are owned by the same person, it's probably safe to say that he'd get a reputation as a crossrealmer regardless of the result.

In the past I have investigated reports of crossrealming similar to this and it's usually very easy to tell when one character is being used as a spy for the other realm.

Cyfr
Emerald Rider

Post by Cyfr »

lol. It was me logged in. :cow:

Considering you had 'gamah evades' and 'rejecta casts a spell' in the same window, when you can see Gamah is clearly fighting or whatever, it dosnt take THAT much intelligence to work out that it isnt the same guy ;)

Unless theres a bread of 6armed humans living in the underground :(

alduan
Emerald Rider

Post by alduan »

get off poor Gamah's back tbh
Gamah, I had planned on sending you a welcome pm, never got around to do it, good luck in both realms anyways ;)
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Cyfr"]lol. It was me logged in. :cow:

Considering you had 'gamah evades' and 'rejecta casts a spell' in the same window, when you can see Gamah is clearly fighting or whatever, it dosnt take THAT much intelligence to work out that it isnt the same guy ]
In the underground? You've clearly never been to Barnsley it's full of freaks like that :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”