Basic crafting

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

Basic crafting

Post by Trez »

This is taken from the 1.76b patch, a poor attempt to get ppl to craft imo.

BASIC CRAFTING

We are proud to introduce our Basic Crafting system. This system was designed and built with the new player in mind, as a means of introducing the new player to the craft system available in Dark Age of Camelot. Here is some more information on the system and how it works:

- All newly created characters, as well as existing characters which have not yet joined a crafting order, will be granted the Basic Crafting skill upon logging into the game.

- Since Basic Crafting is purely an introductory crafting system for new players, or existing players who haven't chosen a crafting order, recipes in this system are limited to samples of all of the original orders (tailoring, weaponcrafting, armorcrafting and fletching), up to items that require 200 points of skill. The Basic Crafting skill cannot exceed 200 points and if players reach that level, they are encouraged to choose one of the advanced crafting orders in order to proceed to recipes that exceed 200 points of skill.

- Spellcraft and Alchemy are excluded from the Basic Crafting order system.

- Players may choose another crafting order to have the Basic Crafting order replaced. When doing so, any skills shared between Basic Crafting and the new order will be transferred. Since Spellcrafting and Alchemy do not share any skills with Basic Crafting, in cases where the player chooses Spellcrafting or Alchemy as an advanced craft order, all of the Basic Crafting skills and sub-skills will be removed.

- While players will be granted the four original advanced crafting orders (tailoring, weaponcrafting, armorcrafting and fletching) along with Basic Crafting, those orders can never exceed the Basic Crafting skill level. If a player wishes to pursue an advanced crafting order instead of Basic Crafting, he must visit the appropriate advanced crafting trainer and have the Basic Crafting skill removed by selecting the advanced order.

If they want ppl to craft then they better do something real drastic to the system.

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Need to make all crafts set at 10 seconds. Cost doesn't bother me.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

They should speed crafting up, increase chances of an MP if you are > 1000 skill by a dramtic amount, and make it impossible to fail on a grey con make!

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

spook
Emerald Rider

Post by spook »

might this not just be the beginning of changes to crafting?

A patch or two ago, the hole "newbie-system" was improved, with a story-quest that took you from 1-5 and some other stuff. I'd think that they're merely trying to make it an intro to crafting and such.

<shrug> This is good for new players, they can see what the different crafts bring with them and try them out.
Merely Mortal
Waiting for WAR, both the virtual and the real

Formerly on Hib/Pryd as:
Damarmas, Cias, Bryce, Line

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

They're gonna have to do a lot better than that. :ba:
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Sturgis Podmore wrote:They should speed crafting up, increase chances of an MP if you are > 1000 skill by a dramtic amount, and make it impossible to fail on a grey con make!
True failing on grey conned weaps is really silly ;/
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

[quote="Elrandhir"]True failing on grey conned weaps is really silly ]

As far as I was concerned I have never failed on a grey con make but then I have not crafted for a few months. Maybe if you do fail now this is a bug that has been introduced and should be reported to GoA / Mythic.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Lasaeonn wrote:As far as I was concerned I have never failed on a grey con make but then I have not crafted for a few months. Maybe if you do fail now this is a bug that has been introduced and should be reported to GoA / Mythic.
didnt mean failed really like you think more like fail to make it 99%, and I don't think you should on something that is grey.

Is still rather silly that you can't make these close to perfect, those above greay I can agree to not going this high, but grey -_- hullo... having to make 10 or more weaps to get 99 on this con is silly imo.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gear
Emerald Rider

Post by Gear »

I have 3 legendary crafters (fletcher, armourcrafter, spellcrafter). I'm no longer taking any orders appart from friends, as I can make far better money by just farming a few scrolls in the time it takes to make an MP (or SC a full suit). There have been zillions of proposals to make crafting more interesting and at the same time profitable, however I doubt we'll see anything good coming out.

But hey, we get Star Wars suits in 1.76
Gear Silver Hand Ranger - Excalibur
Salonice Thunderer Vampiir - Excalibur
Faltsa Guilded Spear Bard - Excalibur
Gruid Thuderer Druid - Excalibur
Gaer Thunderer Nightshade - Excalibur
Manouli Raven Ardent Enchantress - Excalibur

Gear Silver Hand Druid - Lamorak - Inactive

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

star wars suits???