Raid leaders claiming loot discussion -- split from Rowennas Ml rush

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

last time i did 2.10 a vampiir killed him :)
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Banana wrote:sorry but

:lol:

easy???

only if you have chanter!!!

and a mana ment

You can do it very easily with a Animist + Druid or Enchanter + Druid, you can spam heal without getting aggro as they made Runihura on a teather. (no need for Ments no more!) :P
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

And I never said the leader shouldnt get anything, he gets credit, respect and the good feeling that he helped his realm, more than enough for me

For me that is enough too. But with the current greed level for some that is not enough motivation anymore.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Fair enough 2.10 is easier now, but that doesn't negate the year of people struggling with it, and people led those raids the same as they led others, like the horrible ML5 group step rushes for Uru's thing last August, the nightmare bugged ML4.2, the several awful ML8 raids where large zergs were still not enough.

There's been a lot of struggles and the person who has it hardest is the leader. And even in normal raids, the leader works harder than other people, who just have turn up, stick and attack when told.

And Jahral, it's easy to say the leader gets your respect, but is that really true when you then come and trivialise their contribution?
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

Look i think there is one prevailing point here, somone is running a raid and they have set down rules if you dont like the rules then tbh you can stfu and go on another raid, if you are fine with the raid then great you get to roll for blah and blah thnx for comming and gratz on your shiny new ml's.

If you dont like it then lead your own raid where everything is either rolled for at the end or auto split or whatever the hell else YOU want to do on YOUR raid. But if you sign up for a raid or even attend a raid that has rules abide by them or stfu.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

gonzales
Emerald Rider

Post by gonzales »

It isn't very hard leading a ML raid tbh, the worst part for me is the damm lotto after hehe, I hate it :p
I have rarely stayed on the lotto's on excal aswell because the % chance to get something good/what u need is low, but I have stayed on some tho if there was a good item I needed.

and another thing that I hate on raids is there's always some1 afk stuck on u insted of sticking the grp leader, so when u try to move to start an encounter 9 of 10 times u still have a few ppl stuck on u.

and back to topic, I don't really care about ppl claiming, I cba to stay for the lotto offen hehe, but ofc it is annoying if some1 claim an item u really need.
but if u don't like ppl claiming items, then u mostlikely don't like FFA loot lotto aswell, because then some casters win a weapon he don't need, and a warden walk away from the lotto with a cloth hat he have no use for either, they will just sell it, so why not make it a class spicifik lotto then, that would make the chances for ppl getting loot they need higher yada yada I can prolly keep spamming about this.
But I have tried makeing ML raids with class spicifik lotto aswell, that is even worse(I think that is why I hate lotto so much now ;p ) then u have 10 ppl who wanna roll for another class, and u need to see who rolls if they are the right classs, and so on...
Pryd
Freezingwiz - Druid - RR6Lx - ML 10
Gonzaless - Ranger RR4Lx - ML 9
Minigonz - Hero - RR1L8 - ML 0
<Cataclysm>

Excal
Freezingwiz - Wiz - RR 7L3 - ML 10
Gonzales - Mincer - RR 8L10 - ML 10
Crispy - Sorc - RR 8L2 - ML 10
House 155
Officer in <Herfølge Boldklub>

Zil
Emerald Rider

Post by Zil »

What Childofkhain said pretty much sums it up imho.

Dont like the raid rules..? dont go. simple as that.

Want other rules? make your own raid.

just my 2 cent
Currently Playing Giaz - Skald on Camlann
Maddi 50 Enchantress
Middi 50 Nightshade
Liva 50 Druid
Theia 50 Hero
+ 20 other lvl 50's across Europe
"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

gonzales wrote:but ofc it is annoying if some1 claim an item u really need.
but if u don't like ppl claiming items, then u mostlikely don't like FFA loot lotto aswell, because then some casters win a weapon he don't need, and a warden walk away from the lotto with a cloth hat he have no use for either, they will just sell it, so why not make it a class spicifik lotto then, that would make the chances for ppl getting loot they need higher yada yada I can prolly keep spamming about this.
Actually, just cos you roll for a character you dont have on the raid it doesnt mean you plan on selling it or dont actually need it. But I can understand when the raid leader want you to roll on the char you brought to the raid. Problem with letting them roll for alts is that there is no way what so ever to check if they actually got an alt that have use for the item or not...but apart from that major problem I personally think its ok.
I don't have any problem if the raid leader preclaim an item from the raid, but I proberbly depends on what item it is or how many. Sure, I'd like them to lotto every one item but since i'm mostly there for the actual raid myself i think it's fair that they get something as payment for arranging the raid. As you say, a raid might not always be very hard but thats not the point - they atleast took the time to arrange the raid and they are helping the realm to get their steps!

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Childofkhain wrote:Look i think there is one prevailing point here, somone is running a raid and they have set down rules if you dont like the rules then tbh you can stfu and go on another raid, if you are fine with the raid then great you get to roll for blah and blah thnx for comming and gratz on your shiny new ml's.

If you dont like it then lead your own raid where everything is either rolled for at the end or auto split or whatever the hell else YOU want to do on YOUR raid. But if you sign up for a raid or even attend a raid that has rules abide by them or stfu.
So just cos you don't agree with the raidleaders rules you should actually STFU and not just be quiet or share your point of view? Sure, the raidleader should get (as stated in my other post) something for leading the raid but that doesnt mean he have to turn into some kind of greedy monster does it? After all, the raid leader usually need the step himself too and wouldnt get it if it wasnt for the people that turns up for the raid.

/Ankh

Gear
Emerald Rider

Post by Gear »

In all my raids I have only claimed a sod on the last ML7 raid. However, leading a raid with 100+ people, is quite annoying. The way I see things, is that if me or a guildy need an item, I'll claim it, if not, I don't bother.

But as someone else said, it will be my raid and my own rules. Noone is forcing anyone to come really, if they do come tho, I expect them to abide with what I say and do.
Gear Silver Hand Ranger - Excalibur
Salonice Thunderer Vampiir - Excalibur
Faltsa Guilded Spear Bard - Excalibur
Gruid Thuderer Druid - Excalibur
Gaer Thunderer Nightshade - Excalibur
Manouli Raven Ardent Enchantress - Excalibur

Gear Silver Hand Druid - Lamorak - Inactive

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”