Poll - Goa

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:The best solution is better tutorials and a speeding up of xp gain or lowering the amount of xp needed to level from 1 to 30, this way new players can get to a decent and more fun level earlier and hopefully learn more about the game in the process. The new newbie quests go someway towards that, they're pretty good in that they explain things like weapskill, AF etc.

oh kewl :) might learn something new in the next patch then ^^

but yea :( kinda like catacombs cause of the fact you dont need a group to level :o
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

I think the recent experience of catacombs shows that removing /level is another wrong answer to a poorly defined problem. When catacombs came out there was a perfect opportunity for people to relive the experience of levelling the normal way. But what happened? There was a race to see who could power-level their new classes to 50 the quickest. All removing /level will do imho is increase the amount of power-levelling because most established players no longer want the grind of working the "normal" way from 1 to 50.

Will removing /level make it easier for new players to find groups? Imo no. Established players will power-level (mostly) and the new players will still need to group with new players to get like-level groups. And I still don't see a huge influx of new players to make this viable.

It just seems to me atm that GOA is doing everything in its power to make this game unattractive to me. Firstly they talk about clustering, which effectively removes the freedom to play more than one realm; now they talk about removing /level which is the only reason I'm trying to get a 50 on each of my three accounts. If they go down this road, what's next?

And, where has this removing /level idea come from? I've not seen it proposed on the Mythic site, so why are GOA thinking about it?

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Nored wrote:I voted for the remove part.

The game I started almost three years ago might come back a bit! Slay the Water Beetles! Slay the Hill Toads! Slay the Fecans! Slay the Large Redhounds!
Slay them all!

Oh, yes, I would like that very much!

You don't need to remove /level to do this - just do what we did last week, set up a low level group specifically to hunt these areas. Every one of us in the group could have /levelled if we wanted to but chose to play the low level alts.

Removing /level removes choice. Choosing to play low levels is a positive choice that retains the option of /level and that's how I like my game: with choices.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:You don't need to remove /level to do this - just do what we did last week, set up a low level group specifically to hunt these areas. Every one of us in the group could have /levelled if we wanted to but chose to play the low level alts.

Removing /level removes choice. Choosing to play low levels is a positive choice that retains the option of /level and that's how I like my game: with choices.

Absolutely true, was what I was trying to say in my post ^^, removing /level will just remove a choice really wont do the game itself any good.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gamblor
Emerald Rider

Post by Gamblor »

I opted to get rid of it.

Sure it can be a pain, but i've lvl'd up enough bg toons with /lvl and with the old fashioned xp'ign and i prefer the xp'ing.

If not to seem like a god who can answer any question a n00byn00dle might have as they have just started the game :gamblor:

P.S. /hug for the custom Smiley .. mesa likes it :gamblor: :gamblor: :gamblor:
Gamblor Evilneonhammer Lvl 49 Champ :gamblor:
Samos Lvl 50 Animist
Noobynoodle Lvl 50 Warden
Garibaldi Lvl 47 Vamp
Ickleluwibomb Lvl 39 Chanter
Gambino lvl 39 Dr00d D00d

Mid/Glas

Gamblor Lvl 2x Savage
Yamis Lvl x Spirit Master
FinalFlash lvl 4x Warlock
Chereck Shadowblade
Gambet Hunter

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Briannon wrote:I'm trying to get a 50 on each of my three accounts. If they go down this road, what's next?

just out of curiosity and :hj:
why do you need 3 accounts?
two ok cause thats BB and normal account but 3??
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote:just out of curiosity and :hj:
why do you need 3 accounts?
two ok cause thats BB and normal account but 3??
PL account :P can´t make alt on BB acc so need a third if best chars to PL with is on first ^^

Just guessing ;P
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Venoid
Emerald Rider

Post by Venoid »

Well I might not of convinced you to remove it, but Id like to see you convince me to keep it :p.

What benefit does it apply? Absolutely none. If levelling 1-20 is bad, they should remove levels 1-20 period, not make it so 50's can bypass them on their alts.

/level provides absolutely nothing, just like /level30 didnt provide anything, altho it is interesting all the people that want to keep /level20 liked /level30 more, tho not surprising.

/level was a stupid command, and should of never been implemented in the game, I never said it would make people group at low levels group or that removing it would "fix" anything, but sometimes simply seeing people is enough for most, just because you have your 2 accounts and your guild to PL you through to 50, thats not the case for everyone, and established players will exp normally at lower levels, which they simply will not do while /level is in place, but just as catacombs classes proves you dont group at lower levels anyway, it also proves you dont need /level20 to take an alt to 50.

Ive always been an adamant /level protesters, and I will likely stay that way, there is no reason at all the command should of ever been implemented into the game, and the sooner its removed the better imo.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Oh well Venoid, just said what I think, and don´t really care if I change anyones mind on the subject either :P

Still I think Im right and your wrong haha ;P
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Venoid wrote:Well I might not of convinced you to remove it, but Id like to see you convince me to keep it :p.

What benefit does it apply? Absolutely none. If levelling 1-20 is bad, they should remove levels 1-20 period, not make it so 50's can bypass them on their alts.

/level provides absolutely nothing, just like /level30 didnt provide anything, altho it is interesting all the people that want to keep /level20 liked /level30 more, tho not surprising.

/level was a stupid command, and should of never been implemented in the game, I never said it would make people group at low levels group or that removing it would "fix" anything, but sometimes simply seeing people is enough for most, just because you have your 2 accounts and your guild to PL you through to 50, thats not the case for everyone, and established players will exp normally at lower levels, which they simply will not do while /level is in place, but just as catacombs classes proves you dont group at lower levels anyway, it also proves you dont need /level20 to take an alt to 50.

Ive always been an adamant /level protesters, and I will likely stay that way, there is no reason at all the command should of ever been implemented into the game, and the sooner its removed the better imo.
Saying it applies no benefits is rather short sighted, sure that might be your opinion but it's certainly not fact. The fact is it lets people who already have done those levels one or more times bypass, it's not because levels 1 to 20 are bad as a whole, it's that they're bad for someone who's played to 50 previously because you have less interesting abilities available to your character before level 20. Whilst having less abilities is good for the new player experience, because it offers them a less confusing learning curve as they gradually gain the abilities, it's just plain tedious for someone who's been to 50 before because they already know what it does and will likely therefore want to start using the more interesting tools their character has to offer ASAP. By level 20 most characters have some of their key tools (for example a mana ment will receive a nice AE DoT and such). Therefore, level 20 most certainly does serve a beneficial purpose to some players, and I'd wager a bet that it's a majority of players also seeing as we live in a world where everyone expects instant satisfaction and entertainment nowadays.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”