Poll - Goa

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Poll - Goa

Post by Lieva »

http://daoc.goa.com/en/
&quot wrote:One month after the launch of Deira and Cumbria, the question of adding /level to these two servers comes to light. Indeed, more and more players are asking us to remove this command from every European Dark Age of Camelot server.

As a quick reminder, this command gives a player that already has a level 50 character on a server, the option to start a new character at level 20. Even though this is a very enticing option at first glance, it is often felt as a big obstacle for new players who do not benefit from it. One must also remember that this command dates back to when there weren't any low level battlegrounds and where many low level quests associated with new, low level players and Catacombs did not exist.

That is why we have decided to ask you your opinions once again in order to be able to make a global decision concerning this command.

We thus invite you to make your way to the "Polls" section on the official homepage in order to make your opinion known. This way we will either be able to place /level on our two new servers, or remove it from all the others by the end of next week.

Poll : The future of the /level command on the European DAoC servers.

Please give us your opinion so we can better configure our servers to best serve the community.

I would like to see the /level command be removed. I would like the /level command to be left on all servers (and added to the Spanish and Italian ones). I do not wish to respond.

interesting poll.
would it make the Bgs more accessable by getting rid of the /level command or would people just pl their chars :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

Hmm , intriguing. Just thinking the proving ground might be filled with prey .. i er mean enemies so we could have great lowbie fights. Though there is the point of just PL'ing and fins/poc will be very busy indeed :( ...
Having said that i think it would be better if you lose /level command so people can have those fights in Muire and add one more grave to the pile :)

:moley:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

I voted for the remove part.

The game I started almost three years ago might come back a bit! Slay the Water Beetles! Slay the Hill Toads! Slay the Fecans! Slay the Large Redhounds!
Slay them all!

Oh, yes, I would like that very much!
Nored, 50 Champ <Green Peacekeepers>

Venoid
Emerald Rider

Post by Venoid »

Remove! Remove it all! One of the most worthless and pointless additions to the game. Seeing as most people dont even level properly now anyway instead jumping into a powerlevel 50 group, might as well give the few new players a few people to talk to, not like levelling to 20 was hard in any shape or form.

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Venoid wrote:Remove! Remove it all! One of the most worthless and pointless additions to the game. Seeing as most people dont even level properly now anyway instead jumping into a powerlevel 50 group, might as well give the few new players a few people to talk to, not like levelling to 20 was hard in any shape or form.
Agreed, the /level command was never really aimed at new players to the game, just at people who wished to change servers and couldnt be bothered to waste the 2 hours at 4fins to get from 5-20 (2 hours may be an over estimate.. I wouldn't know, I always refused to sink that low :p )

New players probably want to experience the game without PL, existing players know enough about the game/community to get PL as far as they need, in my experience /level ony really served to increase the activity in Thidranki.

Asysh
Emerald Rider

Post by Asysh »

a bigger problem for new players is most folk who make a new char use a bot, are pl'ved or simply refuse to bother with groups and just solo. Catacombs has (in frankly a foolish design move) pushed solo-pve even further.

Frankly /level is the least of the problems on the xp-grind and talking about its removal etc is just wasting time on a "we like the poor new players really" PR stunt when there are things in the "bigger picture" to look at.

Though in fairness goa are just the minions of mythic and there are very few things they can fiddle with without upsetting the yanks: so at least they're trying I suppose.
Asysh Eccos RR5 Valewalker, ML10 Battlemaster
Acysh KeKe RR2 Mentalist, ML3 Warlord
Asysh Timpatik RR6 Cabalist, Pre-ToA [deleted]

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

thing is - i really cant decide. /level is a boon when it comes to leveling new chars but i feel that these newchars miss something when they cannot level in muirie/water beetles etc :)
maybe they should just change it to /level 5 :) as 5 levels is all you need when starting a new char maybe but i dunno :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Venoid wrote:Remove! Remove it all! One of the most worthless and pointless additions to the game. Seeing as most people dont even level properly now anyway instead jumping into a powerlevel 50 group, might as well give the few new players a few people to talk to, not like levelling to 20 was hard in any shape or form.
Actually I think they should remove if I thought it would make that much difference, but people that have been playing long will probably not level with those just starting to play this game neways, they will either have friends helping them or have alt chars to PL with.

I say let it stay, because it dosent matter, will just make most people PL 19 more lvl´s, because if your saying you wouldent PL or anything else you could aswell start without doing the /level command, you have a choice here.

Still why not, but I don´t really think it will benefit noone but making those already knoing the game all to well having to level more ]convince me [/B] :P, and read all of what I have been writing before answering, so annoying getting those lame answers that never really says anything.

If I would vote for remove it would only be to help get more peeps to the game, but I don´t actually think it will.

Because I hate exping, I can´t even explain here how much I hate it ;P and I wouldent mind if we had /level 50 ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Venoid
Emerald Rider

Post by Venoid »

Exactly, /level doesnt make much difference, if people are gonna PL and use a bot, their gonna do it anyway, whether /level is in or not. The all but 1-2hours that PLing/bot levelling that removing /level makes is wholly insignificant.

However the addition of having even a handful of people mucking about in the lower levels, could make all the difference to a new player who joins the game and sees no one, as opposed to joining and seeing 10 or so people. While /level is in the game, pretty much NO ONE, except a couple of nostalgic soloers are ever gonna play through 1-20 again, not only because of the lazy factor, but because of the fact no one else will be playing either thanks to /level.

/level 50 would be a wholly different thing, tho if they included that they might as well just remove levelling period, but /level20 was always a ridiculous command wholly pointless command that simply gutted the lower playerbase, its never served any real purpose, and it basically eradicates 1/3 of the entire game making it all but pointless to 99% of the playerbase.

I dont expect to see 100's of new people flock to the game on its removal, but even if it allows 3-4 new people to stay because they see others then its a good thing to remove it, seeing as I very much doubt anyone is going to quit the game purely because they cant reroll into Thidranki (not that thats even an issue now with the ability to turn off rp gain in BGs and to be able to perma stay in them anyway).

And ironically, playing with people in areas like the waterbeetles and muire tomb levellingwise was a hell of a lot more fun than any fins group any day of the year.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ok Venoid but what will those new people do when those of us already having alts and bb´s and goes off to level somewhere else?

We would be back at those knowing nothing and will be groupless again...

Still if those people can manage to do the first lvl´s on their own say lvl 5, can´t they make this alone then they could aswell leave.

Then if they get into a guild, the guild membs still have the possibily to make chars without that command and can help them in that way.

Only way to get into the game as it is now, really is having some friends start at same time, and then you will manage.

Im not Convinced ;P
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”