Camlan - aaaarrrrrggghhhhh

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Camlan - aaaarrrrrggghhhhh

Post by Briannon »

Last week a moment of madness struck me. I went onto Camlan and /levelled a new level 20 necromancer. As I was standing at the trainer looking at the skills to train up, a group of 3 peeps came up and killed me. I released, with con penalty, went back to trainer and it happened again. I decided this time to try and take out one person before I got hit again and lo and behold a pair of purp con toons came up and dispatched me again. So before I had even spent one single skill point I had been taken out three times, had con penalty and not a single copper to pay the healer - instant disadvantage.

I logged out and promptly deleted all my alts on camlann swearing never to go back again.

The question I have is, what is the point of camlan?

How the hell do you do anything when as soon as you log on a gang of thugs come up and kill you? It's everything I hate about RvR multiplied a thousand times over. There seems to be absolutely no place for a solo character on that server. Hell's teeth, if you can get killed at your trainer then what's the point? Ok, I know peeps might say that soloing is a bad idea on an PvP server but if you can't even level up at your trainer then the server is basically a waste of time.

I reckon I was the victim of trainer campers who wait for the /level 20 to be made, the PvP immunity goes away and hey presto - character farming. If that's what they are then they really do need to get a life and a personality.

Abolish camlan, abolish it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

They always do that in Domann, you are alright until level 10 I think, so go to Tir na Nog to level to 20 maybe. That is a safe zone. I'm no expert though. Oh I think /release city would send you to Tir na Nog.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Some people like it some people dont

Obviously you dont so your wise to delete the toons.

You not liking it doesnt mean it shouldnt exist so les ranting ;p

Guess it made you feel better tho :)
finland:
holland:

Tomppodeuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tomppodeuz »

Camlann sucks! :wank:
DAoC - Tomppodeuz 50 Eldritch, Nahka 50 Bard, Robbari 50 Ranger, Knakkerton 50 Mentalist
The Ashen Circle

WoW - Tomppodeuz 60 Warrior, Tomppo 60 Mage
LotRO - Tomppo 50 Hunter

AoC - Tomppodeuz 6x Ranger
Hyborian Dragon Slayers

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Kallima wrote:They always do that in Domann, you are alright until level 10 I think, so go to Tir na Nog to level to 20 maybe. That is a safe zone. I'm no expert though. Oh I think /release city would send you to Tir na Nog.

Hmmm, that may be possible under 1.74 when they move all the starting stuff to Cotswold, Mularn and Mag Mell, but this experience was in Caer Gothwaite. Maybe I need to not create alts in SI and just run like hell to the capital cities.
Briannon
------------

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

[quote="Quinlan"]Some people like it some people dont

Obviously you dont so your wise to delete the toons.

You not liking it doesnt mean it shouldnt exist so les ranting ]

You're right Quinlan, it did make me feel a little bit better.

I suppose one of my issues is why there isn't some kind of understanding or protocol that people training should be off-limits in terms of being legit targets. Another thought that occurred to me was how could anyone find a guild to join if everyone who sees you wants to kill you instead of talking to you? Perhaps nowadays its best to get a group of people starting off alts at the same time.

I dunno, it just felt really negative that everyone, and I mean everyone, is an enemy to the lone new character. Wouldn't you have thought that perhaps all the current starting zones for alts should be made PvP immune, just to give you a chance to get started?
Briannon
------------

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Briannon wrote:You're right Quinlan, it did make me feel a little bit better.

I suppose one of my issues is why there isn't some kind of understanding or protocol that people training should be off-limits in terms of being legit targets. Another thought that occurred to me was how could anyone find a guild to join if everyone who sees you wants to kill you instead of talking to you? Perhaps nowadays its best to get a group of people starting off alts at the same time.

I dunno, it just felt really negative that everyone, and I mean everyone, is an enemy to the lone new character. Wouldn't you have thought that perhaps all the current starting zones for alts should be made PvP immune, just to give you a chance to get started?

Sounds very 'different' of you ask me. i mean, how does someone like a chanter get away with anything? I remember when we had that cross-realm GOA event and we had to team up with Mids and Albs to fight some dark enemy (off the pier at Connla). I wade in casting PBAOE and nearly kill the whole party. Was highly embarassing.

How does that work on Camlann?

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Probably a good way is to start as level 1, make some levels (and free levels) to earn some cash too to have money to go to main capital to collect rest of levels and /level armor.

That's the way I started on Camlann. The nice thing you can start exploring the zones a bit before you start levelling as level 1 to 9. As soon as you hit 10 you are bound to get ganked.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Hoonius wrote:Sounds very 'different' of you ask me. i mean, how does someone like a chanter get away with anything? I remember when we had that cross-realm GOA event and we had to team up with Mids and Albs to fight some dark enemy (off the pier at Connla). I wade in casting PBAOE and nearly kill the whole party. Was highly embarassing.

How does that work on Camlann?

Long time since I played Camlann, and even then not much, as it wasn't to my liking. However iirc Guild members are considered same realm for AoE effects.... One reason why Guilds are so important on Camlann.

As for nont getting ganked while training, go train in the capital, that's what they are there for, Camlann is the only server with life in the capitals anymore :)

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

roll a OP char eg BD /level 20 then stop at lvl 9 and go train... then /safey off then suicide on a purple con then /release city, train in peace get level armour then of pwn :>
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”