Having played WoW...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

turn up your computer monitor brightness ;) that works for outdoors. (and no not being sarcastic - when i started daoc it didnt even occur to me to do that :p)
dunno how to see in the water at night though :( hate oceanus (and other water zones) at night :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Venoid
Emerald Rider

Post by Venoid »

"1. Interrupt reduced for casters. Interrupt is a killer in DAoC, especially when you're getting ganked. Casters should have less interruption of their spells. WoW is more "caster-friendly" and interruption only really increases the length of time before you successfully cast a spell... but you will cast it eventually. In DAoC if you get interrupted you have to start casting again... but you get interrupted again. Having played WoW and then coming back to DAoC, interrupt was the first thing that really annoyed me... I forgot how bad it was."

This is just stupid, I dont PvP much but even I can see removing interupts would be ridiculous. Before they removed interupts they would have to drastically reduce damage output, a pbae caster, spamming PbaE on a tank thats in melee combat with him would kill him in all but 3 seconds, before that tank even got his 2nd swing in. If you took out interupts in the current form of the game, everyone would just roll PbaE casters because thats all you would need.

"2. PvP enable/disable. In WoW, you can safely go about your business without the fear of getting set upon by the enemy. As long as you don't do certain things, like enter enemy cities or attack a player who is already PvP enabled or attack an enemy PvP NPC, you are safe from sporadic attacks. You can also enable PvP mode by typing a slash command. So basically, you choose when you want to PvP and you don't get insta-attacked by the enemy on sight. DAoC should be the same. You should be safe from enemy attacks until you enable PvP mode."

Its called the frontiers, Id of thought someone with your vast PvP knowledge would know this by now. Given the option to play a game where I can get ganked past level20 anytime I so much as breath on a PvP opponent, or one where I know Im entering PvP Id take option 2 thank you very much. Why create a grief system, where people can run around immune to one another and pick the times that suits them to go into PvP mode? WoW has some fun PvE, but you most certainly SHOULDNT be campaigning to bring its horrid PvP system into DAOC.

No point in commenting on number 3, as all the reasons its a stupid idea are explained in number 2. If you like WoWs PvP system I have to wonder why you bothered returning to DAOC, seeing as its a pretty much agreed perception that WoW rocks oin the PvE world, but its PvP area is highly retarded. If your just campaigning to be able to see every realm without rerolling on different servers, then beg GoA for a Co op server, tho I doubt it will be coming around anytime soon.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:1. Remove interupts. Are you kidding me? If you remove them you wont have a chance if your a non caster.

Edit: Just noticed you said reduce...but I still don't agree.

2. You are aware that prydwen is not a pvp server? If you dont want to get ganked - just avoid the frontier.

3. Get rid of the relics and the frontier and you will successfully destroy the only thing that makes daoc stand out of the crowd. The 'no go' area is the frontier...so not really sure what drug you are using atm..

4. If you want all the things you suggested - go to a coop server.

/Ankh
Can´t compare the 2 games, what works in WoW would never fit into how Daoc is, so nope wouldent want to get anything from WoW into Daoc really Except for speed on how fast you can become a top crafter ^^
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf, be honest now - You wrote this post only to get these kind of reactions or you honestly belive in what you said?

/Ankh

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Gandelf, be honest now - You wrote this post only to get these kind of reactions or you honestly belive in what you said?

/Ankh
Intentional or not he certainly has a talent for starting a controversial thread that garners a lot of responses very quickly... adds some much needed life to the forum again.

P.S. Ankh's wrong ;)

fungus
Emerald Rider

Post by fungus »

also make insta pbae speccable like in wow with damage absorbtion shields.... long live mana bombing casters ;-)

if u wanna implemet wow interruption into daoc ull unbalance the whole system again .....
Prydwen
Ejo Bard Tiarna <Tuatha De Danann>

warhammer
ejo BW rr 80 karak azgal
output DoK rr80 karak azgal

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

Having played a caster in daoc for close to 3 years i must say that the interrupt system depends on what you like. A mage in daoc is working in a binary way, if it's set to 'not interrupted' he can pwn like no other in very short time, if he is set to 'interrupted' he can't do anything. There are ways around it with ra's and ml's (especially bodyguard has done wonders) but people have adjusted to those and found ways around them as well.

In wow, a mage is doing something at least, and i prefer that. But if you leave one alone for 10 seconds in the middle of the zerg you won't see the zerg obliterated as it would happen with a daoc mage. Each to his own i guess, if you like short moments of uberness daoc mages might be your favourite. Then again i am not really playing a mage in wow, but a shaman, aka the behemoth of destruction.

As for 2 & 3... :cowgif: :ba: :sheepskip
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Argyleyn wrote:Having played a caster in daoc for close to 3 years i must say that the interrupt system depends on what you like. A mage in daoc is working in a binary way, if it's set to 'not interrupted' he can pwn like no other in very short time, if he is set to 'interrupted' he can't do anything. There are ways around it with ra's and ml's (especially bodyguard has done wonders) but people have adjusted to those and found ways around them as well.

In wow, a mage is doing something at least, and i prefer that. But if you leave one alone for 10 seconds in the middle of the zerg you won't see the zerg obliterated as it would happen with a daoc mage. Each to his own i guess, if you like short moments of uberness daoc mages might be your favourite. Then again i am not really playing a mage in wow, but a shaman, aka the behemoth of destruction.

As for 2 & 3... :cowgif: :ba: :sheepskip

Played a mage to lvl 44, was really fun I liked the game, still it will never be as good as Daoc imo, the thing that made me wanted to play it was to get to do something else for a change ^^

WoW is a great game, but it mostly rides on Blizzard being so big ^^ and having so many fans and all.

Example
*when asking anyone about Daoc, most people would have no clue "err what is that?".

*Asking same peeps about WoW, would probably get the answer "Yeah that new Online RPG game from BLIZZARD".
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Play DAoC because it's DAoC , if I'd like to play with game features from WoW i'd play WoW. Dislike most of your ideas tbh. Need more caster love? Hello? Where have you been since ToA was released? +% cast speed, +pow pool, + dex cap, +pierce resists etc etc. There are so many caster tools and their damage potencial is insane, what the heck .. you want them to be uninterruptable also now? Actually fg vs fg fights are fairly balanced now. Casters have the upper hand in zergfights and tower defences....

Get rid of relics? Why would we want that ? Relics is an extra motivation for realms to get out and rvr, don't think many people would meet up to defend a frontier with nothing there to defend. Also relics are a realm's reward for success.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

Banana wrote: Player mounts is a good start though :) Just going to be a pain on what to call your horse (since haarewin is out!! :p )
'nana you are so mean :'(
i don't have a sig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”