Archer patch

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Seems a bit stupid to completely redesign a class when it's something they've thus far refused to do when classes have needed redesigns.

I think at this point in the game Mythic is testing the water for WAR, i.e. can they completely change a class and not have the entire player base revolt? Can they carry out drastic nerfs to classes (BDs from what I've seen?) where they are needed and not have the entire class quit?

I'd say it's all about experimentation right now.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

Ankh.

I dont think you will ever convince youself or us that throwing your account away is the right thing to do. From what I remember of your ranger, he was very good in RvR and until we or youself have had the chance to try the new "way of the ranger ", I dont think we can dismiss it outright. Humanity has suvived over most species, because they can adapt to their enviroment. Just be glad your main wasn't an Animist. Poor Peat would shivel and dry out at their continuous nerfing.
:ranger: Aiming to please..

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

chabio wrote:Ankh.

I dont think you will ever convince youself or us that throwing your account away is the right thing to do. From what I remember of your ranger, he was very good in RvR and until we or youself have had the chance to try the new "way of the ranger ", I dont think we can dismiss it outright. Humanity has suvived over most species, because they can adapt to their enviroment. Just be glad your main wasn't an Animist. Poor Peat would shivel and dry out at their continuous nerfing.
Well - actually, I had more than one main..16 mains tbh :) and 2 of those were ml10 animiats with finished templates..so I do feel abit like peat would -
I DID the right thing to "throw it away" imo - ive got much more sparetime now than I had before.
Ofc I havent had a chance to try the new ranger rvr - but judging from the changes they've made, they totally changed the stuff I liked (who knows, maybe to the better) so it's still nothing for me :)

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

They got MoC now too :D

So really - Casters with more HPs, better armour, more different damage types, spec weapon & stealth.

Crazy :D
I might even have to play my Ranger a bit just to test it hehe
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

Seeing the next round of changes, starting to look a little better. (with some fluff) but again some dissapointing bits.

Archers

- All archery shot types now have a unique icon.
- New sounds have been added for Archery draw, release and hit.
- The Strength buff from Archery now has a more generic Strength buff icon and spell effect, rather than the Hibernian tree effect and icon.
- The damage selection buffs in the Archery line now have icons appropriate to the damage type they provide. These buffs now have a 1 second recast time, and will no longer affect melee combat.

- Archery no longer has a minimum range requirement.
(Good thing)

- Archers now receive the Mastery of Concentration Realm Ability.
(Good thing)

- Crit shot will now bypass Bladeturn, but not break it; as well as bypassing Brittle Guards, Intercept, Guard and Block.
(Good thing, but still means after crit shot you have to hit them 2 more times, before you can start to damage)

- Ranges have been normalized and increased across the board for archery shots.
- Volley has not been fully implemented with this version, but will be included in a future version in this patch cycle.

- Block rates for Archery are now normalized across the realms. This corrects an issue which caused Archery shots to be blocked significantly more then intended.
(Finally)

- Weaponskill values will now display for Rangers and Hunters.

- Guard, Phase Shift, Brittle Guards and Intercept now work against Archery.

I can not see this making me want to play archer again, but I am sure I will try it.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Don't know why they're bothering tbh. The game's just about had it imo.

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

Most guess this is testing for mechanics in WHO.

I don't think the game has had it, its still a great game. However through bad marketing etc its low on population.
If population was still high and new people still found out about it, it would be a different feel to the game.

Just because something is old, does not mean its had it.

(yes, I still use my atari emulatior to play some old 8bit games "MULE Rules!")

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Mambopoa wrote:(yes, I still use my atari emulatior to play some old 8bit games "MULE Rules!")
Ditch the emulator imo - im using the real thing instead (not atari, but c64/vic20/amiga).

/Ankh

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

Nah, dumped all my C64 stuff, I never used it.

I have the Atari 130xe boxed and stored atm. Just no room to use it atm.

So emulator is a nice second choice.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

OohhoO wrote:They got MoC now too :D

So really - Casters with more HPs, better armour, more different damage types, spec weapon & stealth.

Crazy :D
I might even have to play my Ranger a bit just to test it hehe

And still I have killed more or less any Archer class that have attacked me when playing a Mage, I guess Im just that good then ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”