The Plus and Minus points of clustering.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:Not really, it's just a different game experience - there's no RvR and its pure PvE. Totally alien environment for RvR addicts but a nice way of exploring everything the game has to offer in PvE. There is also something a bit wierd (nicely wierd) about having a vamp and a heretic team up to go hunting.
Well ofcourse everyone has to be able to think differently, but the day I se classes from other realms in our exping areas I know the time has come to move.

Sure others can disagree if they like, but would spoil everything for me really, and I really do belive I aint alone in thinking this way.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:Not really, it's just a different game experience - there's no RvR and its pure PvE. Totally alien environment for RvR addicts but a nice way of exploring everything the game has to offer in PvE. There is also something a bit wierd (nicely wierd) about having a vamp and a heretic team up to go hunting.
Then I could aswell play EQ II, would never do so, but aint any PvP in that game.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Elrandhir wrote:Well ofcourse everyone has to be able to think differently, but the day I se classes from other realms in our exping areas I know the time has come to move.

Sure others can disagree if they like, but would spoil everything for me really, and I really do belive I aint alone in thinking this way.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point. I just think that we have a pure PvP server for people who like that style of play (which I hate with a passion after being serially killed whilst trying to train) and it would be nice to have a pure PvE server to cater for those who enjoy PvE over RvR. You don't agree and that's the great thing about freedom of speech - we're allowed to have different points of view.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point. I just think that we have a pure PvP server for people who like that style of play (which I hate with a passion after being serially killed whilst trying to train) and it would be nice to have a pure PvE server to cater for those who enjoy PvE over RvR. You don't agree and that's the great thing about freedom of speech - we're allowed to have different points of view.
I think the other, should have a pure PvE server for choices of only wanting that, IM happy with the way it is now ^^

And you have to be able to think what you like, just wanted to state how I feel :P
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

When reaching level 50 and Ml10....if its pure PvE whats the point of continuing playing?

/Ankh

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

allowing everyone to play every realm would be the end of DAoC.

and must agree with ankh as well. RvR is the endgame, there is no point in doing ML's or even getting lvl 50 , you dont need that stuff to kill other players, because you simply cant kill other players on that server. Whats the best thing that can happen on that server? errm maybe spending hours making your char look good? oh wait. you can do that here as well.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:When reaching level 50 and Ml10....if its pure PvE whats the point of continuing playing?

/Ankh
True Ankh, but if you only want PvE, still would be less people on other servers so wouldent be that good, and can´t understand either the goal really, but still I can´t on any RPG Game with only PvE.

Except for games you can play on your own like Baldurs Gate ^^
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

The sad thing is some of us read about clustering, and think and discuss the results, but a lot will blithely assume they can have RVR clustered without allowing Exc Hib players access to Pryd TOA. And GOA have stated that the poll will be taken into account but only as one factor they consider. I suspect costs will rate higher than poll results.

But for what its worth

Plus:

More enemies to fight

More people on 'our' side in RvR, but I have a feeling that with communication difficulties between the two servers it still won't be easy organising claiming things. I'm also not sure this will translate into being easier to get groups, because we can't be in guild or alliance with Exc Hib people and people naturally tend to group with people they know.

Possibly we can get more people together to do join ML raids, but Exc ML raids may be alliance only, and we can't be in alliance with them.

Minus:

I think combining Pryd and Exc and losing the organisation we have will end up with Hib more outgunned.

We are fighting along side people who are from a different community and have the barriers of not being able to be in guild or alliance with them. This could turn into two competing teams. At the moment we have a community that mostly works together.

Exc Hib outnumber us. For us the amount of camping of artifacts will increase. We've had enough problems over artifacts within our community, I can see this being a lot worse with two communities each of whom have a natural tendency to think 'their' person is in the right.

Effectively we go down from two english servers to one. Less options for new players and new accounts to play other realms in the future.

Since most people have some characters on both Exc and Pryd, most people will either have to play two realms in the same war, or give up playing one realm. You get a relic and bonuses for your alb/mid char then your hib char loses them. Forget the secret forum, there can be no secret preplanned raids or tactics any longer.

Danger of situations like those on Camlann. You fight an alb, he then gets his hib character to a) crow over beating you, or b) whine about losing. Believe it or not, this can cause problems even between friends.

Some of us like to play at taking the war seriously, with Hib being our side, and Hibernians our comrades in arms and the Albs/Mids the evil invaders. (And I point out the word play there) Playing two sides in the war, and most of your comrades doing the same, does rather mess up that aspect of the game.

Personally I vote no
I suspect if we cluster there is a strong chance of me giving up rvr. I have no problem with a full group of mids killing my healer druid when they catch her solo, but I don't need them messaging me with their hib about it later. Given my depression over the conflicts and behaviour of people fighting for artifacts already, and the fact with more camping and a divided community it is likely to get a lot worse, I expect clustering could be the end of DAOC for me. Of course, I may be being negative, and all Exc and Pryd Hibs will work together with saint like tolerance and never behave badly.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Kallima wrote:Personally I vote no
I suspect if we cluster there is a strong chance of me giving up rvr. I have no problem with a full group of mids killing my healer druid when they catch her solo, but I don't need them messaging me with their hib about it later. Given my depression over the conflicts and behaviour of people fighting for artifacts already, and the fact with more camping and a divided community it is likely to get a lot worse, I expect clustering could be the end of DAOC for me. Of course, I may be being negative, and all Exc and Pryd Hibs will work together with saint like tolerance and never behave badly.
This part I would think to be annoying also, wouldent mind clustering if this couldent take place, would just be all to annoying really.

If clustering I think you shouldent be able to have chars on oppotite side really, but for those having chars there already this would probably be sh*t, so I think I wold probably vote no also.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

This was good atleast, seeing that you wont be able to make any new chars on different realm, have to make a realm choice.

Still aint good, but atleast something.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1915.shtml
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN