Post by valiqeu »

what do you think?
end of daoc?
ore a get away like warcraft and everyone returns after 2 months

greetz murene

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Think it will be a slow but certain death of daoc, same company (resource spending), in WAR patches come at the same time, same gfx as WoW, A set world that got lots of fans and the fact that daoc is a bit outdated in everything but the rvr part which will be at least semi implemented in WAR.

Also many classes (and many ppl feel like this) is way overpowered or nerfed to a degree where nobody wanna play them.

Severath
Emerald Rider

Post by Severath »

As far as I know Mythic has shifted half their staff to Warhammer, and the other half is left back, maintaining and patching. I don't suspect there'll be much new stuff in daoc from this point on.

with regards to whether I will be playing Warhammer Online, then i must admit, i remain sceptical about it. I used to look forward to playing it, but seeing as they have decided to divide all the warhammer factions, into two realms, instead of three, then I might have to look elsewhere for a new game.

You see, in my eyes daoc's strength is in the PvP/RvR model - daoc's PvE is a terrible grind. WoW on the other hand has a well developed PvE part and User Interface, but the PvP is broken, and it looks and feels like it was slapped on at the end of the development cycle, because people were requesting it... (and as far as I know, it actually was)

So it seems to me that Mythic wants its share of WoW's 6.000.000 subs, and tries to play catch-up with Blizzard, but in the wrong areas... :(

Seeing E.A. taking over Mythic, doesn't exactly brighten my hope for the game(s).

Anyway.. i hope i'm wrong, and Warhammer Online turns out to be a great mmo :) I do like the wow-like* screenshots they've posted, and it's an interesting idea that the character models 'age' with experience (even though they at the same time seem to claim that there won't be any character levels(?)) ... Their multiple-layer battleground idea, however does worry me a bit..

(*) you might argue that in fact wow got its graphical style from the warcraft universe in the first place ;)
Severath * Muranacca * Spritmakker * Burt

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

[quote="Severath"]
(*) you might argue that in fact wow got its graphical style from the warcraft universe in the first place ]

No - we might argue that Warcraft got its graphic style from the Warhammer universe ;) (graphic style and tbh almost everything)

/Ankh

Return to “Fallen Spirits”