Emerald Rider

anyone played a savage?

Post by Alexandrinus »

had yesterday some problem killing a savadge, we meet three times
1. he get assistance and killed me
2. i killed him but was really close
3. he killed with him having still 50%heath

hes only 5L8 Rasta.....(Troll)

whats the weak of a savage?i read hes like a BM (armor,DW) , normally i dont have problems solo with other tanks at my RR?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Alexandrinus wrote:had yesterday some problem killing a savadge, we meet three times
1. he get assistance and killed me
2. i killed him but was really close
3. he killed with him having still 50%heath

hes only 5L8 Rasta.....(Troll)

whats the weak of a savage?i read hes like a BM (armor,DW) , normally i dont have problems solo with other tanks at my RR?

Savages have very powerful self buffs that greatly improve their melee abilities (which is why you probably had difficulty). These self buffs cost them health to use (the health is deducted at when the buff wears off). Simplest way to beat a savage, is make them pop all their buffs, then run out of range of them, wait for the buffs to run out, then go kill them since they're missing a big chunk of life.. (Note: their rr5 ability activates all of their buffs simultaneously for no health cost afaik). Anyways, the way to be sure of victory is to kite them and let them kill themselves.. or if you're a battlemaster, wait for them to use buffs, then grapple them :p

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

maybe there is now ONE single use of my RR5 abilitie (my 90% parry mode) wich i normally never use.Or arent 30sec not enough?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Alexandrinus wrote:maybe there is now ONE single use of my RR5 abilitie (my 90% parry mode) wich i normally never use.Or arent 30sec not enough?
That works. Also dont forget Savages have Evade4 + buffs to enhance their evade and parry rate; making em very strong.

Their H2H styles are WAY better then anything else + they get dps and haste-buffs. Best way is kite around; or prolong the fight. RR5-ability from Blademaster is oki to make him blow his RR5 RA (free selfbuffs) then perhaps charge when he fires another setof buffs etc etc.

But basically any decent Savage will own u in straight-melee; they just too good in 1vs1.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

:mezz:

Savages aren't really as good solo anymore tbh, if he works out what damage type you were though which isn't too hard he can pwn j00 ;>. 25% melee resist buffs they can use which kinda owns:S. But yeah kiting would own him :) Thus shield tanks vs em are pretty rox
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Tsolaki
Emerald Rider

Post by Tsolaki »

Here's my 2cents ..... :)

Kiting won't help imo ;p .... reason is an experienced savage wont use his self buffs in a 1 vs 1 more than once! waiting 4 his self-buffs to ware-off and losing his hp is not a good idea! As u noticed he will just continue battering u :p After he uses his haste + evade (if u engage) next time he will just pop his rr5 ability which also fills him with endurance btw and finish this 1vs1 ...and the strongest wins :)

Most svg's btw use the salamader claw and snakecharner arti...which both weapons r thrust...good idea is to check ur resists there....
Now why u won and lost varies...don't know if u have lets say battler and malice arties...but lets say u have the common battler..well if it procced u had an advantage there...same goes with malice....and as u know svg's don't have those arties .. unless they specc 1 point sword lets say and carry a battler as a 2hand just 4 the use Oo
Speaking from experience...they r deffinetly not what they used to be...but that's a different story.... crap ml path ...no charge....only logical u see less and less while zerks r back in action again...after they disappeared when they got LA nerfed...none the less .. if they have a good Toa temp i still consider them lethal ;) (especially with their back and side stuns :p )
Tbh i'd like to know ur experience what happens when u meet an rr5 Bl Merc...with their dirty trix and rr5 ability ...imo i doubt u have a chance to breathe :p Definetly the best mellee tank out there atm imo......

mid / xcal
tsolias svg 8l3
koukla 5l2 aug healer
tsarouxias 5l2 sham
giwsakhs 5l7 bd

and new in hib /prwd

nosokoma HDS 49 lvl druid 3l9
tsolaki 44 bard
tsolx 40 Bm (atm ;p )
zazoul 42 ench

i've become a pve addict again :p doing hardmode xp on various chars lol ;p

thxzz 4 ur time..feel free to discuss..enjoy chatting bout this game ;)

Return to “Natures Eye Alliance”