Nintendo DS

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Nintendo DS

Post by Lieva »

Yes, After months of denying myself and refusing to buy it, the chance to play charmander (favorite pokémon) was too much.

I got 6 games with it also.

Brain Training - Daily training by quickly solving simple mathematics, suduku puzzles, memory excersis and reading outloud can stimulate your brain and keep it fit.

Zoo Tycoon - Build and manage ultimate dream zoos.

Bomber Man - 100 puzzle-filled stages explode accross two screens, adding crafty new ways to surprise opponents

Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleship 4 in one games

Hamsters - Because theres no such thing as too much cute. Choose a hamster from 5 different breeds and care for him.

Pokémon mysery dungeon Blue rescue team - You wake up as a pokémon and set out on rescue missions in a world ravaged by natrual disasters.

anyone else got a DS?
:D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

I got one well i say my bro has sometimes play it a fun game is yoshi's island.

Also bleach when it comes out here :D bankai 24/7 fun! mario ds also coool
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I do love the DS tbh.

I still love my 360 but got bored of my Wii pretty quick due to lack of games. Sony's offerings are crap and still bored of most PC games so for me the DS and 360 are the best picks atm for gaming.

So many good classics for the DS too like Sonic, Mario, Theme Park, Sim City, New Zealand Story, Bubble Bobble (including 2 player Bubble Bobble via wifi! :p), Mario Kart etc. etc.

DS is also region free, the DS itself only costs £90 (£65 if bought in US/Canada). You can get an M3 DS Simply adapter that lets you copy games to it, so less than £130 and a 5gb download and you can have a DS + every game released for it + still have change to buy a carry case or smth ;) Having an M3 DS also lets you play SCUMM games (Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Monkey Island etc.) on it as well as use MSN, play MP3s and play movies. It's a bargain peice of kit all round especially when combined with the M3 simply tbh. Even if you don't get the M3 simply for MP3s/Movies/Downloaded games it's pretty cool though, £5 - £25 for games really aint that bad.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Haven't really played much on the DS, as it is really the Mrs'. I am certainly tempted to get something like Sim City for it :)

Wii is pretty underused atm, as Xest said, due to lack of games. Although I feel there is a lcak of games I really fancy on any format, even my 360 which I have only had a month or 2 is suffering from a lack of games that make me want to spend the money, fortunately Viva Pinata, Gears of War & Crackdown are still keeping me entertained, although last night I even sunk as low as playing Counterstrike... first time in about 6 years I've played a Multi-player FPS on the PC!!! Even single player I haven't played much as I didn't really get into Half-Life 2!!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:Haven't really played much on the DS, as it is really the Mrs'. I am certainly tempted to get something like Sim City for it :)

Wii is pretty underused atm, as Xest said, due to lack of games. Although I feel there is a lcak of games I really fancy on any format, even my 360 which I have only had a month or 2 is suffering from a lack of games that make me want to spend the money, fortunately Viva Pinata, Gears of War & Crackdown are still keeping me entertained, although last night I even sunk as low as playing Counterstrike... first time in about 6 years I've played a Multi-player FPS on the PC!!! Even single player I haven't played much as I didn't really get into Half-Life 2!!
If you like Crackdown you'll probably like Just Cause (or Saints Row if you can put up with the gangster crap) :) Just Cause is defo one of my favourite 360 games so far.

Enchanted arms if a fantastic RPG, it's combat is turn based, something which, being a fan of action games I thought I'd hate but in fact really, really enjoyed it :) Gun was suprisingly good, a wild west 3rd person shooter that only set me back £13, the only downside is the game is a bit short. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 rocks, especially online - 16 player coop! Lost Planet is good also of course Blazing Angels absolutely rocks if you like flying games too. Those games are probably the best 360 games I've played tbh outside the three you listed ;) I don't know what your tastes are but I think if you like Gears and Crackdown you should enjoy them - most of them are pretty cheap too now especially as play.com has another sale on, you can pick most of them up for about £15 :)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I wanted to buy an old gameboy just for Tetris..but people want silly amounts of money for it :(

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

<ankh> wrote:I wanted to buy an old gameboy just for Tetris..but people want silly amounts of money for it :(

/Ankh
you want the very first gameboy? cos i got two of those around here somewhere. Could send you one of mine dont know if i still have the charger for it tho would have to have a look. Got every console thingy of nintendo but the wii.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

can get tetris for most things now.
not called tetris. called blocks or something but can get the game :)
also can get the game online :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:you want the very first gameboy? cos i got two of those around here somewhere. Could send you one of mine dont know if i still have the charger for it tho would have to have a look. Got every console thingy of nintendo but the wii.
Ummhhmmm...that sexactly what do want :)
Lieva wrote:can get tetris for most things now.
not called tetris. called blocks or something but can get the game :)
also can get the game online :p
hehe nana..thanks for sharing, but as im a hardcore gamer I already new that :) But its the gameboy one I wanted..I think ive got 20-30 different once for amiga/c64/pc already :)

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[quote="Xest"]If you like Crackdown you'll probably like Just Cause (or Saints Row if you can put up with the gangster crap) :) Just Cause is defo one of my favourite 360 games so far.

Enchanted arms if a fantastic RPG, it's combat is turn based, something which, being a fan of action games I thought I'd hate but in fact really, really enjoyed it :) Gun was suprisingly good, a wild west 3rd person shooter that only set me back £13, the only downside is the game is a bit short. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 rocks, especially online - 16 player coop! Lost Planet is good also of course Blazing Angels absolutely rocks if you like flying games too. Those games are probably the best 360 games I've played tbh outside the three you listed ]

Saints Row Demo looked good, but not different enough from Crackdown to spend another £30+, although I notice it's down to £25 on Play... another £5 less and I could be tempted :)

Hadn't looked at Just Cause before, the description does sound good and only £18!

I like the idea of GRAW2 especially multi-player Coop, but I played the demo and didn't really get on with it. Considering it was a demo and therefore aimed at people who haven't played it I found the mission much too hard to be fun. I am not the best at shooters, so it could be more my lack of ability than the game being *that* hard, but still not something I can see me getting value for money from.

Return to “Other Games”