Lego MMO Announced

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Lego MMO Announced

Post by <ankh> »

Lego MMO Announced, Developed by NetDevil
Dana Massey posted on 5 Mar 2007, 08:19 PM
In a long expected move, LEGO has announced that NetDevil will develop an upcoming MMO. What exactly you will do in a LEGO MMO is not actually known yet, but it is now official that LEGO the MMO is on the way from the makers of Auto Assault and Jumpgate.

Check out the splash screen website here.

THE LEGO GROUP SELECTS NETDEVIL TO CREATE BRANDED MMOG

The LEGO® Group today announced it has commenced a working relationship with NetDevil® to develop a massively multiplayer online gaming experience to further engage its dedicated and active community.

"As children around the world continue to spend more time online we are developing new and engaging ways for them to interact with our brand," said Lisbeth Valther Pallesen, Executive Vice President, Community, Education and Direct Division LEGO Group. "The LEGO brand represents construction, creativity and problem solving - values that compliment the MMOG market. By merging the online world of social interaction with physical play, the LEGO brand is providing new experiences for children, as well as fans. NetDevil's technological capability, openness to work with a large community, and their enthusiasm for the LEGO brand made them a natural partner."

"Playing with LEGO bricks and developing online worlds are both creative activities. To bring them together is deeply professionally satisfying and we look forward to working with the LEGO team," said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil.

See more information here http://www.lego.com/mmog/press/

About NetDevil, LTD
NetDevil is a leading independent game development company that specializes in the development and construction of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs). Founded in 1997, under the inspiration of Jumpgate(TM), the world's first massively multiplayer space simulator, the company carries on a commitment to creating interactive, virtual worlds in unique and elaborate settings. Led by a development team of talented and experienced industry veterans, NetDevil has grown to over 50+ employees with plans to hire and retain top industry talent for work on its large scale projects in development. All NetDevil employees share a common vision to bring the mysteries of new and exciting worlds to life as immersive online universes. NetDevil is a privately held company, with headquarters in Louisville, CO.
Source:
http://www.warcry.com/news/view/69305-L ... y-NetDevil

hehe :P

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hmm :)

well the world of lego would have alot in it as it encompasses everything..
i wonder if star wars lego would be included :p

I suspect it will possibly be like simcity though but how you could turn that into a mmorpg is confuzzling.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ooh
didnt know they did auto assult too.

Will be worth looking at i think.