Online BBC Micro Emulator

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Gandelf

Online BBC Micro Emulator

Post by Gandelf »

Try this link to a BBC Micro Emulator.

http://www.drobe.co.uk/micro/

If you click the "Eject Disk" button and then click the "Load Disk" button you can select virtually any game that was written for the BBC Micro. If you click on the BBC Micro screen then press SHIFT+F12 it will the load the game up.

There's one game you can load, which I remember playing back in 1984. It's called "1984" and gives you the chance to run the British Government. It's only a text based game, but it's quite tricky to keep the budget balanced and keep everyone happy.

Loads of games.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Gandelf wrote:Try this link to a BBC Micro Emulator.

http://www.drobe.co.uk/micro/

If you click the "Eject Disk" button and then click the "Load Disk" button you can select virtually any game that was written for the BBC Micro. If you click on the BBC Micro screen then press SHIFT+F12 it will the load the game up.

There's one game you can load, which I remember playing back in 1984. It's called "1984" and gives you the chance to run the British Government. It's only a text based game, but it's quite tricky to keep the budget balanced and keep everyone happy.

Loads of games.
There's been lots of emulators running around for various old format comps for years now, difference to them these days is how well the library for the old software is kept. For example, ZX spectrum has a very large library of old games and software, would be interesting to see how well the old library of BBC micro games has been stored on the net and how accessable it is.
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Return to “Other Games”