Stormreach to go pvp....

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Stormreach to go pvp....

Post by Arcsalin »

Yeah, that's right for those that didn't know. Dungeons and Dragons online Stormreach is to go pvp in some sense. In two months time there will be arena's so that people can pvp with each other.

I wonder how many new peeps will come to the game and be skilless nQQBs and will roll bards/warforges because they are the most overpowered classes in the game just so they can groom their epeens :X (yes the first official pvp whine about DDO :P )

Atm I am enjoying my time on trial (since as those feckless asses in goa can't even send me my password for daoc after i requested a new one /slap) after playing for a week. Buggers wouldn't let me reopen my beta acc so i've had to re-roll my Elven rogue (because all luris smell and thankfully have been detained in the bog of cullen and are not permitted to play this game ;p ) back to her previous level in beta, currently cruising to level 5 atm xD

I still say after my last discussion about this game that it is worth a try and to my amazement they have made and keep making improvements to it. Get on the trial and see...... :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Some games are designed with PvP in mind, some aren't. Most of the mistakes come when you try and bolt on PvP to a game designed around PvE because the class balance issues needed for PvE are often very different than PvP.

Adding PvP to DDO seems a rather desparate measure to plug a hole in a breached hull if you ask me. It's strength is its PvE depth, its weakness is the lack of community (as it's an instanced game) and a dueling arena won't solve that.

Return to “Other Games”