MoH: Airborne

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

MoH: Airborne

Post by <ankh> »

http://www.planetmedalofhonor.com/#PQN512113 wrote:Patrick Gilmore, EA Executive Producer on Medal of Honor: Airborne, has submitted the following open letter:

Airborne —

My name is Patrick Gilmore. I’m the Executive Producer of Medal of Honor Airborne. We’ve been working on the product for a little over a year now, still with quite a ways to go. Airborne is focused on innovating toward the next generation of PC’s and consoles, and innovation takes time.

The biggest thing we’re doing differently is enabling the player to fully control his airdrop, the first part of every operation in the game. No longer will levels fade up around you, setting you on a linear path through scores of bodies in a sort of conveyor belt shooting gallery. Instead, you will define the start point of the game, and your first choices will impact everything that follows. Land in a tower to snipe, follow your squad to link up for a ground assault or drop into the center of the action to risk a potentially lethal surgical strike. Land on rooftops, crash through windows, drop on balconies, or go hunting for secret caches of weapons and ammunition you can only reach from above. It’s up to you.

The central concept of Airborne has a huge variety of meanings in the military, it has impacted nearly every system and design in Medal of Honor, and we couldn’t be more happy. The dev team — mostly veterans of previous MoH’s — feels like we’re creating an original product, not a sequel or iteration. We’re focused on making this one the best MoH yet.

Over the coming months, we’ll keep in touch, let you know what we’re up to, and, hopefully, hear back from you on what you’d like to see in Airborne. Justin’s [BlackHat] goal is to open collaboration between fans and game-makers that will carry us through the product launch and beyond.

Thanks for the continued support!

We’ll be Airborne shortly.

PG
Second post I do lately thats not a mmorpg, but I enjoy the medal of honor/call of duty series so much that I have to share this one with you.

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Return to “Other Games”