World In Conflict (no mmorpg)

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

World In Conflict (no mmorpg)

Post by <ankh> »

Right, I usually try and just post mmorpg stuff - but I thought this RTS had so nice graphics that I just had to share it with you :

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/700/700239p1.html

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Oh btw - im in a closed beta for this game. 3 weeks of testing at Massive Entertainments studios :) Done 1 week so far and it rocked.

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Next thursday they are having a release party for their staff and for media - I'm invited and they promised to try and get me a copy of the game until then. Pretty cool as the game havent reached the stores yet.

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Any idea what platforms this is due out on? Might give me reason to finally upgrade my machine if it aint coming out for the 360!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

360/pc

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ah sweet may just get the 360 ver then :)

Got Medal of Honor Airborne and Two Worlds today but still playing Blue Dragon so not even had chance to try them yet!

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Xest wrote:Ah sweet may just get the 360 ver then :)

Got Medal of Honor Airborne and Two Worlds today but still playing Blue Dragon so not even had chance to try them yet!
hows Blue Dragon Xest? :)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

he says its just like the cock, he loves it!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

ShiShi wrote:hows Blue Dragon Xest? :)
It's pretty good.

Originally when I got my 360 I thought I wouldn't like turn based combat, but I played through Enchanted Arms and loved it to bits. As a result I was looking forward to more RPGs like that but wasn't sure about Blue Dragon because of the more cartoonish graphics which left me wondering if it would be a bit of a kids game in general, but whilst the graphics are cartoon style they are absolutely awesome and it has a perfectly mature storyline so once again my worries about the game were pretty quickly dispatched. One of the good, or bad things depending on how you like your games is the size of it, I'm about 30hrs in and only level 35 out of 99 levels - from what I understand the game lasts between 100hrs to 200hrs (depending on whether you want all the achievements or just want to complete the game I assume). I think Blue Dragon was bound to be good though with the team behind it - the original designer of the Final Fantasy series, the original musician of the final fantasy series and the character designer behind Dragon Ball Z. Whilst I've never cared about shite like Dragon Ball Z it's still a whole lot of talent to appreciate I suppose ;)

I'm really looking forward to Eternal Sonata, that too looks to follow the same theme, with top notch cartoony graphics yet much more mature storyline.

Other than that I'm most looking forward to, Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell Conviction, Kane and Lynch, Mass Effect, Army of Two, Lost Oddyssey, Ace Combat 6, NHL 08 and Too Human. Think there's one or two others due but as you can see lots to keep busy with leading upto xmas! ;)

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

cheers Xest :)
i saw it lately in a shop and it caught my attention. My wallet still itching me as if to get the 360, and prolly gonna do it soon.
if ya like turn based combat LoTR: 3rd Age is pretty good. Got it on classic xbox.

Also looking forward to Assassins Creed. 8-)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Return to “Other Games”