World of Starcraft

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I thought the date of the post would give it all away really :P 1st April :)

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

ShiShi wrote:Starcraft was fantastic, but the idea of WoS with another instanced 40 man grind just scares me :(
i'd like Blizzard to do it more Planetside like, focused on PvP

No reason it couldn't be, in fact it would probably fit Starcraft better if it was more like Planetside. I would like to see a bit more than purely PvP though, MMORPGs need something to do when PvP is quiet. Even if it was just missions vs NPC kind of thing.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Planetside had so much potential but they just didn't add enough new content regularly enough, the game down hasn't changed _that_ much since release and has been out what, 3 years? No graphics engine update and just a few map changes, some rule changes and some new vehicles/weapons.

The sequel I'm most looking forward to now is Command and Conquer 3 although C&C2/RA2 sucked royally, at least the first ones were good and Generals was pretty good. Not many good games planned from what I can see which is a shame after Ghost Recond Advanced Warfighter was such a horrible letdown, at least Rainbow Six 4 Lockdown was good though but even then it kinda lacked in weapon choices compared to the previous versions (Where's my sniper rifles gone and my SA80 etc.?)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Ovi wrote:No reason it couldn't be, in fact it would probably fit Starcraft better if it was more like Planetside. I would like to see a bit more than purely PvP though, MMORPGs need something to do when PvP is quiet. Even if it was just missions vs NPC kind of thing.
how would you rp a zergling? :D
anyhow, there is no Starcraft without zerglings, they would have to design it somehow, dunno, u would command a pack of 6 at once or sth...
I'd pick a Hydraulisk tho :P
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

ShiShi wrote:how would you rp a zergling?
Well half the worlds DAoC players manage it so I can't see it being too hard :p

Treeeebeard
Emerald Rider

Post by Treeeebeard »

Xest wrote: The sequel I'm most looking forward to now is Command and Conquer 3 although C&C2/RA2 sucked royally, at least the first ones were good and Generals was pretty good.
I deffintly agree that the old C&C's where better then then later ones, I wasnt too keen on generals though it was ok for a multiplayer game. (Only campigns i liked where on the very first and second, Good old 'Kill the bastard' style missions at the last level ect, rather then 'kill one thing and just ignore everthing else')

Personaly despite how much id love to see the next C&C my hopes realy arn't up that much, the orginal people who made the first few C&C's left EA not long after EA took over westwood (Generals was orginaly planned to be C&C 3 if wikipedia is true :P) But was changed due to orginal dudes leaving.
Hib/Pry
Marsh horde
Treeeebeard Hollowhead <Animist> ML10 RR5 Grandmaster talior

Alb/Exc

TheBigSmurth <Sorceress> 50 RR2

:treeee:

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

I'd love to see a World Of Starcraft if done right. Blizz could see it as an opportunity to de-emphasize the PvP element of WoW and focus on WoS as their PvP-oriented game. It'll be the one PvP game where no-one can complain about being zerged :D

I'd much rather see WoS worked on than Diablo 3 ... Diablo has had its day. It was enormous fun as a single player game, but as an online experience all the item duping and cheats made it a total nonsense. Unless they fix that, D3 will be pointless.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Treeeebeard wrote:Personaly despite how much id love to see the next C&C my hopes realy arn't up that much, the orginal people who made the first few C&C's left EA not long after EA took over westwood (Generals was orginaly planned to be C&C 3 if wikipedia is true ) But was changed due to orginal dudes leaving.
I know what you mean, I played through C&C1 (both sides) and RA1 (Soviets) again the other week and it was so much fun, the problem with the newer C&C games is that they tried to go futuristic, the original C&C wasn't so futuristic and Generals wasn't futuristic enough, what happened to those fantastic flame tanks? the chem troopers from covert ops, the original mammoth tanks not the crappy watered down versions and the commando etc. - they were all so good in C&C1. I remember when the Ion Cannon and Nuclear missile actually did some damage, nowadays in most RTS' they're just former shadows of themselves. Fingers cross they'll do it again, but I'm guessing it'll be closer to Generals but in a more futuristic setting than C&C1 personally.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

ShiShi wrote:how would you rp a zergling? :D
anyhow, there is no Starcraft without zerglings, they would have to design it somehow, dunno, u would command a pack of 6 at once or sth...
I'd pick a Hydraulisk tho :P
The alternative to Xests reply, would be that they could have the Zerg as the "NPC side", and the Terran's & Protos as the 2 PC sides.

Return to “Other Games”