Dungeons + Dragons Online - Euro Beta

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
OohhoO

Dungeons + Dragons Online - Euro Beta

Post by OohhoO »

Anyone signed up for this?
Anyone know enough about the game itself to give a qualified opinion?
:OohhoO:
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Looks like the game will have loads and loads of insta dungeons...

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

applied but i have absolutely no clue what's the game even about :)
just watched the trailer that was released months ago.
it's turbine taking care of it right?
back few years ago i played for a while Asheron's Call 2 that was run by Turbine. At this time it had some amasing gfx compaired to DAOC and other games on the market.
Theme is a classic so might be an interesting game.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I'm wondering wether they're even trying to apply anything like the original ruleset. Would be kinda cool to play a real RPG online with other people. I like complex character generation/development. I'm hoping there's either no or restricted PvP. Would be no fun to be running around as a L5 & get roasted by some L100 Wizard on a Dragon =/
-
-

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

You mean Original as in first edition of the D&D rules or just original as in the current D20 rules?

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Ankh Morpork wrote:You mean Original as in first edition of the D&D rules or just original as in the current D20 rules?

/Ankh
The original D&D first edition (which you could only get by mail-order from the USA & was effectively just a bunch of photocopied A4 sheets) was by far the best set IMO, as it left the most to the imagination & provided the most room for creativity on the part of the DM. However it wouldn't be much use as the basis for a computer game due to it's being so vague.

I had a quick glance in Inet & D&DO looks like it's based on the current AD&D ruleset. Looks quite interesting TBH. I Didn't get as far as seeing if it had any PvP tho (ran out of time).
-
-

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

OohhoO wrote:The original D&D first edition (which you could only get by mail-order from the USA & was effectively just a bunch of photocopied A4 sheets) was by far the best set IMO, as it left the most to the imagination & provided the most room for creativity on the part of the DM. However it wouldn't be much use as the basis for a computer game due to it's being so vague.

I had a quick glance in Inet & D&DO looks like it's based on the current AD&D ruleset. Looks quite interesting TBH. I Didn't get as far as seeing if it had any PvP tho (ran out of time).
I've got every Dungeons & Dragons rpg manual ever made in pdf format...and tbh I would never wanna see a rpg again that looks like the first one :D actually, I think D&D is a really weird rpg...awsome worlds..but if you read their about their creatures they are kind of always like <lives blablabla usually wear blabla bla..> and almost always ends with stuff like <hostile and attacks on sight> lol :D And if you check the first rule sets for D&D it had kind of ONLY fighting skills and thats bout it.. I would like to see Rolemaster as a mmorpg (but with a nice world and less flaws in its system...it used to be possible for a cat to do serious wounds through scale armor if he was just lucky with its rolls :D)

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

fyi guys,
fileplanet subscribers can get a key for the stress test that gonna be run soon (or is it now already?) :)
good luck
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

applied for beta of this one. Looks pretty nice.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Had a key from planetside myself, played the low res client.

Impressions:
Interface is poor.
Graphics are low/average.
Stories are nice.

Conclusion:
Many work to do imo.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Return to “Other Games”