Call of Duty II

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Tare
Emerald Rider

Call of Duty II

Post by Tare »

For those interested, the demo of Call of Duty's sequal, with the uninspiring title "Call of Duty 2" was released recently. Get download links from here.(650ish mb)

After playing the demo, I must say I'm quite looking forward to this game. It's more Saving-Private-Ryan style gaming to me than Brothers in Arms which was repetitive with same scenery and same tactics with every fight.
Personal favourites: making the ironsight (the down-your-gun look) more appealing than the crosshair, the way health is handled (no medpacks or % of health shown, rechargable) and the implementation of smoke and frag grenades.

More screens can be found here
More info on the Call of Duty Site

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Yepp, ive preordered this one as ive got 2 copies of the first one + it expansions :) played through the demo several times now and I love it :)

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

CoD had just fantastic ambience, loved it totally
Tried now CoD 2 demo and surely gonna get this one at some point :) (too many games, 1 life only)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I've been playing CoD2 for a couple of weeks now and I love it. Unfortunatly it seems like we will have to wait for an expansion for it before we get a chance to drive vehicles. But I can live with that.

Don't understand why they didn't implant it with the first version.

/Ankh

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Just played through the Sovjet missions (in about 2 hours? :().
Anyway, the Sovjet missions were really good, esp the bit where
[spoiler]you have to crawl through a pipe, sneaking up on Germans. The lighteffects are very impressive.[/spoiler]
Was a bit dissapointed about the time it took me to play through them though, I hope it doesn't mean I've done 1/3rd of the singleplayer now already :D

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

2h?? I think I did it much faster than that...its abit too fast but it still rocks!

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Tare wrote: Was a bit dissapointed about the time it took me to play through them though, I hope it doesn't mean I've done 1/3rd of the singleplayer now already :D
maybe you should put the difficulty lvl for higher? :)
I presume there are also selectable like in CoD 1.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Think there are 4 difficulty levels, I'm playing on the 2nd one (and finding it incredibly easy :()

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I'm playing on the 3rd one...but im a hardcore CoD/MoH gamer :D

/Ankh

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Just finished playing the Pointe Du Hoc level, the first of the American levels, and it's definitely the most impressive one I've played so far.
In the beginning I got really confused, getting shot from all sides and stuff, lots of fun :D

I'm also very pleased with the health system they use, it really keeps the pace going, I'm not forced to go back and look for healthpacks, brilliant! Not sure how it'll work out in MP though, haven't tried that yet.

Another good thing is the ironsight (or looking-down-ur-gun), although I've gotten used to it in Brothers in Arms, it's really good in this game. You actually use it without thinking, switching in and out of the sight. Brothers in Arms, with its terribly slow pacing, didn't integrate it as much.

As last point, I have to admit that this is my first CoD game, but I'm a hardcore RTCW/ET player so maybe I should've used a higher difficulty setting ye :p

Return to “Other Games”