AoC

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Belisar
Emerald Rider

AoC

Post by Belisar »

I gather War Hammer release has been pushed back a little.

Age of Conan is due out on 20th May - just wondered if anyone is thinking of giving it a go ?

Combat system looks interesting (attack combinations rather than one button and mounted combat), it seems quite PvP orientated and there are no elves !

Anyone been in beta for it ? Anyone got any thoughts ?
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Reed
Emerald Rider

Post by Reed »

the combat is something different though, I guess it's not all that different from daoc.

In daoc you relied on the hotbar... when I played anyway, so either the 1-9 buttons with different attacks making out a combo, or maybe you remapped the buttons. anyway.

If you imagine the numpad on the keyboard you have arrow buttons there representing different places you can hit (hit him in ze head with up button, left or right part of torso with left or right button etc) and you might have a combo which asks for you to hit someone twice in the head and one time in the left part of torso... so you press "up" "up" "left" and get AMAZINGWTFPWNDEATH2K combo attack. Just like on a console, and since the game is made for consoles that sorta makes sense.

edit: don't get me wrong it's made for pc's too but, I guess this was just the easiest way for them to make it

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

There has been some EQ comparisons. Not sure if that is good or bad as I never played it.

In general there seems some good variations from DAoC. Not sure you can build a decent game of this nature without it being similar but the extra's seem positive. Let's hope it is not one big let down and it may just keep me going until War Hammer.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

will be honest im liking the look of AoC more than warhammer :) ... will need a new PC i think though if i decide to play it - hardware requirements apparantly are quite beefy.
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Reed
Emerald Rider

Post by Reed »

yea it's quite beefy.. I haven't played beta for a while since my computer is about to die. It's struggling hard with everything:P even the eve classic client hehe.

But now the memory leaks are suppose to be more or less gone and places like wildlands or whatever it was called is prolly more playable :)

Once I get a new puter I'll be able to make a better call of how far it has come but.. tbh, it was already looking very nice a few months back. There was some bugs, and things which seemed oddly done and not very clever etc. But, it's apparently getting better and better :)

Rami

Post by Rami »

I'm gonna play this. Looks awesome.
shotz:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Rami wrote:I'm gonna play this. Looks awesome.
You just gave the rest of us a good reason to avoid the game ;)

/Ankh

Rami

Post by Rami »

<ankh> wrote:You just gave the rest of us a good reason to avoid the game ;)

/Ankh
Good thumbup:
shotz:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

hehe :D

Rami

Post by Rami »

fan skrattar du åt din jäfel 8-)
shotz:

Return to “Other Games”