So What's worth playing ?

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I didn't mind Mario 64 too much but not been overly keen on the others.

Paper Mario seems good but probably again only cos a sizeable portion of it is 2D.

What amazed me is that having not played Mario in a few years that even the new super mario on the DS was pretty cool. Seems like it's a series they can't go too far wrong with if they keep it in 2D at least.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

I would love it if Microsoft, Nintendo or any other gaming company would develop and release a 2D games console.

Just a purely old fashioned retro style console but with new 2D games! The playability and fun aspect would be immense. I get addicted so much on the old 2D games and play repetitively. Now days with new next gen games I play once, complete it and then it gets stacked on my shelf not to be touched again :p

Wouldn't cost heaps to manufacture as it wouldn't be top of the range graphics etc, then again the company wouldn't be able to sell it for lots so there would be a lack of profit, if any! That's why no company will consider anything of the sort :<
gone...

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sardine wrote:I would love it if Microsoft, Nintendo or any other gaming company would develop and release a 2D games console.

Just a purely old fashioned retro style console but with new 2D games! The playability and fun aspect would be immense. I get addicted so much on the old 2D games and play repetitively. Now days with new next gen games I play once, complete it and then it gets stacked on my shelf not to be touched again :p

Wouldn't cost heaps to manufacture as it wouldn't be top of the range graphics etc, then again the company wouldn't be able to sell it for lots so there would be a lack of profit, if any! That's why no company will consider anything of the sort :<
That's why the Wii has the virtual console and the 360 has live arcade though I think. To provide the old classics as well as new games of a similar format. I really enjoyed cloning clyde on the 360 and I'm still searching for someone who wants to become a master at the classic Joust with me :p

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I suggest the following Pc games to entertain you with until Warhammer is released: (one or more)

Civilizations 4: Beyond The Sword
Call Of Duty 4
Heroes Of Might and Magic 4: Tribes Of The East
Supreme commander: Forged Alliance
World In Conflict
Combat Mission 2

Those are the ones I recommend.
The ones I've got installed myself are : World War 2 Online, Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, Morrowind, Oblivion, Might & Magic 6, S.t.a.l.k.e.r, The Witcher, Gothic 3, Combat Mission 2, World Of Warcraft :P, World In Conflict, Ravenshield,Haegemonia - The Solon Heritage, Heroes Of Might and Magic 4: Tribes Of The East, Call Of Duty 4, Vanguard, Supreme commander: Forged Alliance, Call Of Duty 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Civilizations 4, Civilizations 4: Warlords, Civilizations 4: Beyond The Sword, Medieval War 2 (and it's expansion).
I would actually recomend any of the ones Im currently playing, but the first mentioned are the ones I recommend most.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Call of Duty 4 was rather awesome :)

Managed to do the bonus plane rescue mission on veteran difficulty on the 360 at the end too, took some practice to get it right! Problem is now I just wish there was more of it to play ;) Hope there will be some additional downloadable content or something.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Just started Pirates of the Burning Sea as a pirate on the roberts server.

It is something a bit different, a bit simple at the early stages but we shall see how it progresses.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Im still playing wow :)
tho if joining now wanna just work on getting a char to 70 before the new expansion.
Grouping with a friend to do just that atm.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I just bought Gothic 3 for €1 :P I didnt like it when I tried the cracked version - but for €1 I think i can give it a second chance :)

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

PotBS is proving to be quite good.

There have been a few teething problems with the server with lags, generally heavier usage than it can handle and a little downtime. Nothing really bad given it is a new to the market game just stuff you tut at when it happens.

Economy is complex but the nice thing is you can get into it as much or as little as you want. Be interesting to see how it works out as the game matures.

Gold sellers already there but they are trying to hit them hard and fast.

Not yet experienced PvP - I imagine that could be an interesting session of tactics and movement.

Am finding it a nice change from DAoC and WoW.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Anghared
Emerald Rider

Post by Anghared »

Hello Belis. I have a British Privateer on Roberts so may bump into you at some time and we can grapple ships and plunder although i am well away from any PvP yet.
Anghar Elven Dancer and wine drinker
Yarisshel Ranger and poor shot
Varisshel Full of Enchantments
Ismad Harlequin Keeper of the Magic Log
Anghared Baker of Gwenneddes BOOM cake
Feeney Insomniac Legendary Tailor
Garsshel Into the Void

ARTISANS OF WILLOW

Return to “Other Games”