Eve again...

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

The net just wouldn't be the same without idiots though, if it weren't for them what would be the point in spamming with no one to fall for your e-mail scam? Who's computers would criminal organisations use to take over and launch DDoS attacks? Who would be stupid enough to click "click here to make your hard drive bigger" adverts and infest themselves with spyware?

The internet has got a bit retarded tbh, it was much better in the Doom/Quake 1 days where you had to actually understand TCP/IP to connect to a server so it require at least some modest, albeit still small amount of intelligence to be able to get into the game in the first place. Online gaming started going downhill as soon as Gamespy became mainstream and Valve included a server browser in Half-Life 1. Spam was so rare back then because no one was ever dumb enough to fall for the stuff contained in it, criminals didn't know what the internet was so if your machine got hacked it was generally because you'd been a dick and not for some criminal motive, but after you had been hacked, justice was done, you'd fix it and move on with newly gained knowledge about securing your machine, nowadays people will allow their computer to remain a zombie on a bot network for years without ever knowing.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Shike

Post by Shike »

Gaming isnt a hobby for a select few who can read TCP/IP for dummies tho :) I think its great that more people can play overall since it helps making gaming a more socially accepted hobby. 10 years ago it wasnt that accepted at all, at least not here where I live! :p
~o~
Shikei, Temples, Shike, Imidyr and Shiko
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Shike wrote:Gaming isnt a hobby for a select few who can read TCP/IP for dummies tho :) I think its great that more people can play overall since it helps making gaming a more socially accepted hobby. 10 years ago it wasnt that accepted at all, at least not here where I live! :p
It tended to filter annoying kids out though that was the main advantage :p

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

We were ALL annoying kids back then :)

Well, all except me ofc
I'm so old they hadn't even invented the wheel when I were a lad!
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Shike

Post by Shike »

Xest wrote:It tended to filter annoying kids out though that was the main advantage :p
tssk I think you went to local pubs bragging about how leet you was in quakeII!! admit it and now you are sore about the competition about the leetness!

question is though.. did it work? :o
~o~
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Xest wrote:It tended to filter annoying kids out though that was the main advantage :p
lucky me I bought that hack to crack your filter and now you are stuck with me!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Shike wrote:tssk I think you went to local pubs bragging about how leet you was in quakeII!! admit it and now you are sore about the competition about the leetness!

question is though.. did it work? :o
Was never a fan of Quake 2, stuck with Quake 1 DM/TF until Quake 3 was out really :p

Shike

Post by Shike »

Xest wrote:Was never a fan of Quake 2, stuck with Quake 1 DM/TF until Quake 3 was out really :p
So.. Did that work then? O.o
~o~
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Clovista
Emerald Rider

Post by Clovista »

A sign of how easy it is to get online nowadays - my technophobe mother sent me an email the other day. I'm honestly surprised she managed to turn on the computer without having a panic attack.

Now I'm just waiting in dread for the day she starts forwarding me spam. :(

Shike

Post by Shike »

haha :p
~o~
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Return to “Other Games”