Current/future RPGs ?

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Best game ever was Star Control 2, now this is going back a bit ( req spec 10Mhz cpu) but some fans redid it so it works with xp and has vocals ect.
my original thread is here

Aran has run around in various forms in balders gate, NWN, warlords ect but i think the best of the D&D type games was torment.
Torment is great as it had interesting characters and storyline, and for most of the game you couldnt die (you just woke up on the slab again)
First time i did it was as a fighter, second time as a mage and i tell you, being a mage makes a word of differance and opens a lot of new doors.

For resent games a really good one is fahrenhiet, its more like an interactive movie but the characters use the sam animation method as gollum did on LoTR and its a very involving story.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Best roleplaying games imo is Bards Tale 1-3, Wizardry 1-5, Ultima 1-5, Wrath of Nicodemus, Legend Of Faergeil, Fallout 1-2..

Warlords was a good game Aran but not sure if I wanna call it a rpg :)

/Ankh

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

i know was just mentioning where aran had been spotted, forgot to mention unreal tournament and tachyon.

Oooooo would love to go alb hunting in my warhammer or a nemesis or avatar <grin>
Attachments
orz.jpg
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

But I admit, Starflight 2 would have rocked in a new pc version with latest graphics :)

/Ankh

ilaya
Emerald Rider

Post by ilaya »

u guys reckon, like i do, that bards tale was prolly the first proper rpg game realeased? i played it for AGES on my old amstrad cpc 464. would rpg's not be the same if it werent for that?

btw, u noticed they done a hack and slash remake of bards tale now? hmm

also dont forget might and magic 6+7+8.. brilliant stuff there.. 9 was a bit poo mind u
Ilaya - RR6+ Lurikeen Champion - GM Hearts of Fire Hib/excal - sleeping Zzzzzzz

LGM AC/Tailor/Alch/SC

PSOBB- Ilaya lvl 120 HUnawearl SKYLY
Boowen lvl 32 FOnawear GREENILL
<ACTIVE!>

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

ilaya wrote:u guys reckon, like i do, that bards tale was prolly the first proper rpg game realeased? i played it for AGES on my old amstrad cpc 464. would rpg's not be the same if it werent for that?

btw, u noticed they done a hack and slash remake of bards tale now? hmm

also dont forget might and magic 6+7+8.. brilliant stuff there.. 9 was a bit poo mind u
Might and Magic 1-8 was brilliant aye. Bards Tale was among the first yes and I wish they would do more games like that really. I've seen the hack n slash bards tale and tbh it was a big disapointment :(

Edit: if you had read through all the posts in this thread you would have notice us discussing bards tale :)

/Ankh

Return to “Other Games”