elder scrolls IV

A home for those technical problems.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Dont think there is any "head bob" movement actually..I never think of it while I play anyway! But gl with the game - if you havent played Elder scrolls, daggerfall, morrowind+expansions I suggest you give them a go too..but avoid Battlespire at all cost and same with red guard (but the music in battlespire rocks)

/Ankh

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

this game rocks, i have it on the 360, it looks graphically immense, the fact there is over 200 dungoens is awesome, altho i agree about the facial expressions... they have none, they NEVER show expression when talking to you

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Flobba Job wrote:this game rocks, i have it on the 360, it looks graphically immense, the fact there is over 200 dungoens is awesome, altho i agree about the facial expressions... they have none, they NEVER show expression when talking to you
They do if you try persuasion :)

/Ankh

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

<ankh> wrote:They do if you try persuasion :)

/Ankh
lol well yeah i know that, but you'd think they'd show SOME expression while talking about bad and good things

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Graphics are very nice, vast improvement over morrowind.
The persuasion is interesting and easy once you get the hand of it, can understand why they didnt add expression during talking, that would have been a whole lot of work and you would have had to tailor it to each line of text if you wanted it to be acurate.
Regretting some of my choises for major skills, found the person in the capital that i think is supposed to train security (samual B something) but cant get the train option from him.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Morrowind rocks too, but the landscape gets pretty boring after awhile..just like those incredible anoying birds that attack you like every 30sec or so. Not that they are hard - but they sure are anoying!

/Ankh

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

havent seen any cliff racers so far which is good, most of the annoying things from MW seem to have been fixed.
Like the travel option via map, and the symbols on compass help exploring, normally run from A - B then use map travel for way back, have found 2 portals a shrine, vamp nest and several ruins including one of the old elven trap fests.
Also good that the shops/people in cities are more realistic, shops shut at night and people walk around and return to house after and sleep.
Find an item from exploring and you get message saying you think it might be important which is useful so you dont end up selling quest objects.
Main thing i dont like is riding the horse and that you cant fight with them, havent tried running anyone down yet. <grin>
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

maxis

Post by maxis »

But that's the beauty of it... just download a mod which changes the aggression level and the cliff racers in Morrowind will no longer plague you. Try the "Passive Healthy Wildlife" mod for example.
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Hah! Aran is using fast travel and I won't, because I'm too much of a roleplayer! ;)

I'm reading bad things on the forums about scaled levelling. I might wait a while and see what levelling mods come out over the next few weeks before I go any further. I must say, I don't like the fact that I can enter the gate to Oblivion at level 1 and pwn a couple of measly Stunted Scamps.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

nice series of screenshots here that i found.

http://oblivion.brashendeavors.net/screens/

Return to “Tech Help”