very annoying problem

A home for those technical problems.
pikeh
Emerald Rider

very annoying problem

Post by pikeh »

If im running two accounts and i switch back to one using ctrl-tab, more often than not the computer totaly freezes up, and i cant even ctrl-alt-dlt to close the program or anything like that. I just have to switch the power off and on again. Only happens when im switching accounts. Running 1gig ram, 9800 pro gfx card, athlon 3500+ processor, so i dont think its anything to do with my system. Also changed my desktop resolution to the same as in game so i get no lag when switching clients. Its very annoying and making the game more or less unplayable for me. Tried switching clientsleep off but that didnt work.

Any help appreciated. (not, i usually run Gamecam as well, but i dont think its this as its done it before when im not running it)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

bump, seems to only happen in frontiers
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Not sure ofcourse, but test another Graphic card and see if the problem remains, could be it ^^, hard to tell though, havent happened to me so just guessing, still guess it's strange that it only happen when you switch..
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

bumpppp! so annoying :< thx elran but i dont have a spare gfx card , but mine is like one of the best around atm, so doubt its that.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

pikeh wrote:bumpppp! so annoying :< thx elran but i dont have a spare gfx card , but mine is like one of the best around atm, so doubt its that.
well u wont know unless u test it now will you, but ruling it out before you even try wont help you solve the problem. :p

just cos it's flash and new doesn't rule it out tbh, it doesn't rule it in either but u get the point im sure ;)
look, no hands!

Now retired

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

[quote="Mojo"]well u wont know unless u test it now will you, but ruling it out before you even try wont help you solve the problem. :p

just cos it's flash and new doesn't rule it out tbh, it doesn't rule it in either but u get the point im sure ]

i didnt mean it to sound like that, was just saying, i dont see why it would happen just in frontiers if it was gfx card. Switches fine everywhere else :<
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

try running in window mode, may help
gone...

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

pikeh wrote:i didnt mean it to sound like that, was just saying, i dont see why it would happen just in frontiers if it was gfx card. Switches fine everywhere else :<
yeah but when u test u know for sure :) and your right it shouldnt happen but computers are odd things at times ;)

i have seen pc's boot up when u put a floppy disk in em and have seen pc's swith off when u eject a cd :)
look, no hands!

Now retired

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

running in windowed mode and it seems fine, bit laggier though with gamecam + 2 x toa clients :D
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Return to “Tech Help”