Catacombs on Download

A home for those technical problems.
Hoonius

Catacombs on Download

Post by Hoonius »

How does this work? Can i just start the exe, with the proper Update.dat and let the auto-patcher do the work?

I have a situation where one of my guild asked me to purchase a copy for him and i'm trying to find a way that doesn't involve me uploading 4 cd's to his place to he can play catacombs. Upload is an option but i'd sooner just email the exe and let him download it. he has the cd key after all so no piracy involved, just a bandwidth issue

any ideas anyone please?

:monkey: Dance Beeatch Monkey Man

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

The way it worked with ToA, was u send someone the toa.exe and the <something>.bat file, start the game, click "check all files" and download it directly from GoA's servers cos, waahey you're missing all files!

:clover:

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Magic, thanks Tare

and Las as well, Diamond

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

of course saying the obvious, u'll need to send him catacombs.exe not toa.exe like my post said :p

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Umm..no, You didnt need any exe. It was enough if he had toa installed and used catacombs update.dat (or what ever update file it was) I did this myself on my first copy while waiting for the game to get avaible at dlgamer.com

/Ankh

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

http://www.dlgamer.com/ also offered the game for download at release, maybe they still supply it.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Blutark
Emerald Rider

Post by Blutark »

catacombs is still available at dlgamer..29.99 euro that works out at about £21 ..the only prob is that the download file is 888 megs and takes ages to download..play.com have catacombs for £9.99 inc delivery ..imo thats thew better option if you are in the uk
Blutark :blu:

Return to “Tech Help”