Mp3 Player Problems

A home for those technical problems.
Amedor
Emerald Rider

Mp3 Player Problems

Post by Amedor »

I tried to upload some songs from my CDs to add to my mp3 player (instead of downloading them), and added them to the player. Tried to play them and they didn't seem to work :(. It could show the name of the song, but when I pressed play they just skipped the songs, onto the next song (which wasn't uploaded from my CD).

At first I thought it was a problem with it being a .wma file, but I had found that my player could play .wma files, since my friend sent me one and I added it to the player, and it worked fine.

Was wondering whether anyone could offer me advice. Atm I have resorted to downloading my favourites from the CD, but as I said they take up too much space and I can't fit that many songs onto my player :(

/edit and the uploaded picture is of no relevance whatsoever :D
Retired until further notice

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

did you encode and upload them using the software that came wiv ur player or did you drag n drop em using a file manager?
look, no hands!

Now retired

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

I uploaded them onto my Computer (from cd) using Windows Media Player.

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

not all mp3s can play WMA files (the default file format converted by windows media player)

when transfering from cd to your computer change the settings in media player (somewherein options i think) to automatically convert the song to mp3 during the rip process.

the song should then be playable on your mp3.
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:not all mp3s can play WMA files (the default file format converted by windows media player)

when transfering from cd to your computer change the settings in media player (somewherein options i think) to automatically convert the song to mp3 during the rip process.

the song should then be playable on your mp3.
My mp3 player does play wma files though, at least it says on the screen when I start the thing up :). It says mp3 wma player.

Return to “Tech Help”