Graphics Bug

A home for those technical problems.
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Graphics Bug

Post by Lieva »

Got an odd graphics bug where little squares appear round my toons feet.
Tried windows update re drivers but not Nvidia as i prefer til microsoft guarantee them ^^

settings are

Graphics = Nvidia Geforce4 Ti
Opp = Windows XP
Proc = Pentium 4 1.9 GHZ
Ram = 1GB

my other computer works fine

settings are

Graphics = Sapphire Radeon X300SE 128MB (default card)
Opp = Windows XP
Proc = Pentium 2.9
Ram = 512 MB

As you can see besides the processing speed and the graphics card both computers are very similar so im unsure what could be causing the problem?

/edit

also is there an easier way of finding your graphics card? Nvidia bounces at you where as the radeon - i found through the options in DaoC ! Tried the screensaver thing - only get a bunch of ATI options..
sure the hardware options only tells you about my VDU also...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

georgie

Post by georgie »

I would suggest using the latest drivers from nvidia, ignore the "not certified by MS" thingy, tis all poop anyway. :)
Alb/Excal: (No Longer Played)
lvl 50's (Various MLs and RRs) - Minstrel, Theurg, Cleric, Cleric, Infil, Wizard, Sorc, Heretic.

Hib/Pryd:
lvl 50's - Chanter, Druid, Blademaster

Today, I shall mostly be playing: georgie lvl 50 Chanter (ML10 - RR4L3)

Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

There was a third party group that had some accelerated drivers - Omega I think they were, but the X300 is pretty new'ish, I dont know if they support it yet.

Also dont put too much faith in MS products/certification this is the same people that that gave us IE...........<nuff said>
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

You could used DXDiag.exe to check your system it will give information about gfx cards and drivers (From start menu select run and type DXDiag).

I have had a problem with some faces resently they produced large triangles but after I did a full file check they seem to have gone so it looks like I hade a corrupt file. Details of doing a full file check can be found here http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3155
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Return to “Tech Help”