Adsl Recomendations

A home for those technical problems.
nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

As things stand, ive been sat on Nildram for the last 2 years, and they are without a shadow of a doubt the best UK ADSL gaming isp available. They even strive for this as well (seeing as they provide hosting/routing for http://www.jolt.co.uk (which is a large uk gaming network)).

They've been consistent in topping the speedtests (top 3) of http://www.adslguide.org (as i mentioned earlier) for at least 30 months. They held the #1 spot for i think it was 12 months straight.

They do offer excellent customer service (UK based), they are also active on the site i mentioned and deal with peoples problems from there. They are an extremly customer orientated ISP. But they aren't really attempting to be competitive in the UK home user market.

Their main source of income comes from dealing with business' so although they offer outstanding service. They aren't trying to actively cater for the home needs of the average and/or power user.

2 years, not had a single problem with them. No service outage, no slow download speeds. I now have a 50gb monthly primetime limit, which i can exceed as i see fit, and encurr no extra fee, my maximum download speed merely drops from 1mbit, to 512kbit (i get a free upgrade to 2mbit in july ;)).

I like them, they suit my needs, they dont try to 'lead' the market with price changes. They merely offer a solid service.

If i were to jump ship, Eclipse would be my next stop. But i cant see myself leaving :)
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Wow some replies :D

I Kinda went with a pipex in the end because they have a 1meg uncapped service and uncapped is what I as looking for really. Although the bandwith is a little low I dont really need it so much these days as most of my warez come dierect on CD from a pirate I know (actually i copy them staright to my lappy or External HDD \o/

This service start at £15 a month for the first 3 months then it rises to £23 a month.

Uncapped > Bandwith for me these days :D
look, no hands!

Now retired

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Mojo wrote:Wow some replies :D

I Kinda went with a pipex in the end because they have a 1meg uncapped service and uncapped is what I as looking for really. Although the bandwith is a little low I dont really need it so much these days as most of my warez come dierect on CD from a pirate I know (actually i copy them staright to my lappy or External HDD \o/

This service start at £15 a month for the first 3 months then it rises to £23 a month.

Uncapped > Bandwith for me these days :D
What speed you got? Upload/Download that is.. that pirate mate of yours, does he have a wooden leg and a parrot?

/Ankh

Return to “Tech Help”