General Discussion

Moderator: willowywicca

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Some wallpapers http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/lvu/ even 2 nice YamiBou ones I'd never seen before! :D

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

nice ^^
I think those would be a bit too much to have at work :) nice for home tho

(i did have a picture of Willow from Buffy with just a hand across her chest and Panties on as my wallpaper, i had several formal complaints :(

Korax
Emerald Rider

Post by Korax »

Im considering to download Dragon Ball... Is it worth watching? It has so insanely many episodes! I've heard you guys whine about it, but I guess it has to have been good for something if you watched it all. Not that I dont have waaay too much to watch already. :P

I've started to DL a few episodes, but I dont have a clue on where to find a decent collection. I've found all DBZ and some of DB, but missing most parts of DB. I've found tons, but some MORONS thought it would be a good idea to give them english voices. Its not even funny to hear how bad it is. Japanese ftw. Anyone know where I can find it?

And btw. About all those movies.. when are those placed in the series? Any relevance how I watch em (If I watch them that is ^^)?

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Korax wrote:Im considering to download Dragon Ball... Is it worth watching? It has so insanely many episodes! I've heard you guys whine about it, but I guess it has to have been good for something if you watched it all. Not that I dont have waaay too much to watch already. :P

I've started to DL a few episodes, but I dont have a clue on where to find a decent collection. I've found all DBZ and some of DB, but missing most parts of DB. I've found tons, but some MORONS thought it would be a good idea to give them english voices. Its not even funny to hear how bad it is. Japanese ftw. Anyone know where I can find it?

And btw. About all those movies.. when are those placed in the series? Any relevance how I watch em (If I watch them that is ^^)?

Hmm, well I've only seen DBZ (and most of DBGT) dubbed (urgh~), the reason I've seen it is prob it's one of the earliest animes that was shown on tv here and it was before I had good internet for DLing proper stuff... (okay not the earliest, transformers was anime afterall x< but the earliest with many anime traits like big eyes, spikey hair etc.. ). While I have no doubt in my mind that the original version is miiiilllleeeeeessss better (dubbed version was editted too to not be too violent/bloody afaik) - I even have a clip of goku shouting in english "super kaioken!" (lamely :P) then the equivalent scene in original form which is like 500times better.. So anyway, bearing in mind I only saw the dubbed version..

DBZ sets the standard for all that's wrong in shounen action! Namely, taking massively long for the actual fighting to start (due to talking, flashbacks (hi der naruto) etc..) and then for having the patented, "lets pan over every character and hear them go 'Omg, he's more powerful than I ever imagined' taking up 2 minutes before the 3 seconds of a fight afterwards". I'm sure you'll have seen these too attributes in many shounen action animes and probably when an anime does these too often they're referred to as being DBZish.. all shounen action does them tho, it's just a matter of how much, naruto is very bad for the first one and has it's fair share of the second too (especially during the chounin test part). One piece has a moderate amount of the second, but in general isn't too bad for the first imo.. Bleach has a bit of both too..

Currently listening to: Take a Shot - Nana Mizuki, uber insert song from ep12 of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha...

btw who knows what my avatar is from? :p Everyone should watch that series too if they haven't already!

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Original Dragonball is very funny and is completely different than Dragonball Z and GT.
I have the original DVD's before funimation got there hands on it.

Korax
Emerald Rider

Post by Korax »

willowywicca wrote:
Hmm, well I've only seen DBZ (and most of DBGT) dubbed (urgh~), the reason I've seen it is prob it's one of the earliest animes that was shown on tv here and it was before I had good internet for DLing proper stuff... (okay not the earliest, transformers was anime afterall x< but the earliest with many anime traits like big eyes, spikey hair etc.. ). While I have no doubt in my mind that the original version is miiiilllleeeeeessss better (dubbed version was editted too to not be too violent/bloody afaik) - I even have a clip of goku shouting in english "super kaioken!" (lamely :P) then the equivalent scene in original form which is like 500times better.. So anyway, bearing in mind I only saw the dubbed version..

DBZ sets the standard for all that's wrong in shounen action! Namely, taking massively long for the actual fighting to start (due to talking, flashbacks (hi der naruto) etc..) and then for having the patented, "lets pan over every character and hear them go 'Omg, he's more powerful than I ever imagined' taking up 2 minutes before the 3 seconds of a fight afterwards". I'm sure you'll have seen these too attributes in many shounen action animes and probably when an anime does these too often they're referred to as being DBZish.. all shounen action does them tho, it's just a matter of how much, naruto is very bad for the first one and has it's fair share of the second too (especially during the chounin test part). One piece has a moderate amount of the second, but in general isn't too bad for the first imo.. Bleach has a bit of both too..

Currently listening to: Take a Shot - Nana Mizuki, uber insert song from ep12 of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha...

btw who knows what my avatar is from? :p Everyone should watch that series too if they haven't already!
Yeah, that is the whine Im talking about. Hehe, Its so true thoguh. Why the hell use 100 episodes on something that could fit in 50? All about $$$ I guess.

Btw. Next naruto ep. will be good I think. Last two episodes were backgroud story, but hoping they will get it on this ep. That fight is so DAMN good!

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

willowywicca wrote:

This week i went from scared to confused...
finland:
holland:

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Korax wrote:Yeah, that is the whine Im talking about. Hehe, Its so true thoguh. Why the hell use 100 episodes on something that could fit in 50? All about $$$ I guess.

Btw. Next naruto ep. will be good I think. Last two episodes were backgroud story, but hoping they will get it on this ep. That fight is so DAMN good!

Well, it'll probably be good, but there's one thing about it I found very silly (I'll mention what this is after the fight has finished airing)

So, Ragnarok The Animation, really big spoiler warning as I'm gonna discuss the entire series now, if you haven't seen it, DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST :P I finally got caught up with this series today, watched 11-26, since I hadn't really been too into the series when I first watched it, thus it had sorta slipped by and I had almost forgotten it.. (hmm bakuretsu tenshi is the same, will have to finish that soon too..). So, now that I've seen it all, I must say I found it surprisingly enjoyable. It has many faults, there's a lot of really cliched and predicatable bits, but it's also quite fun watching a video game made into an anime lol. The anime doesn't make up any new spells or abilities for the various classes in our party of heroes, so it's got a nice authentic feel to it! And hearing Yuufa shouting out "Heal" in an uber kawaii voice makes me smile every time :D

Episode 19 was like, so horrible :< Like FMA death of hughes horrible >< I can't believe Maya axed down her own best friend by mistake, that was just wrong :( Things like that shouldn't happen :/ That was just so... horrible :( The ending was really good tho, can't explain why, but everything wrapped up well enough, and lots of actiony bits that made me giddy :p

So overall, I'm quite glad I decided to finish off this series :)

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Quinlan wrote:This week i went from scared to confused...

Just focus on the pretty racoongirl magical maid in my avatar and ignore all teh confusing things! Hmm, and ignore what I just said she was then too :D

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

not seen that anime :)

Return to “Animé Theatre”