What does this mean?

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Im arcane :D
so get decent dmg with it Plus i have insta cast + arcane instability which increases damage :D

anf the arcane blast is transferable between mobs ^^

and ive heard peeps complaining re warrior nerfs heta - what have they actually done?
cuz i have a lil fury warrior which i will be leveling when i get to 70 so want to know :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

question is what have they not done to warriors?

nerfed output damage
nerfed rage generation
nerfed aggro controll, paladins and druids make way better tanks now
put everything on global cooldowns, including stances which is a bloody pain tbh
due to the global CD on stances it take ages to do things and you hardly get any rage so you have a extreamly hard time to keep aggro at start. A warrior need a bit of time in the start with mobs in order to hold them, Paladins or Druids don't have that problem. The thing I realy do find most annoying is the damn global CD on stances, insted of being able to

Charge->Wait on CD->Thunderclap+Berserkstance->wait on CD->Whirlwind+Defensivestace

its now

Charge->Wait on CD->Thunderclap->Wait on CD->Berserkstance->Wait on CD->Whirlwind->Wait on CD->Defensivestance
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

And another thing. If you charge a mob, put upp 5 sunders on it, a hunter then send in its pet with growl turned off. Most likley the pet will be able over take the aggro from you before its dead if you 2 are left alone with it... even tho you keep spamming max aggro abilites.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I haven't played much since the expansion but it sounds like a typical MMORPG over-reaction.

IMO Druids, Paladins & Hunter pets all needed to be able to tank better (than they could before), that means take agro as well as withstand damage, but it seems they decide to improve the others and make Warriors worse at the same time :(

I think Druids and Paladin's should be able to tank *almost* as well but not as well as a warrior. Hunter pets should be capable of getting agro off of the Squishies for a while.

The stance change sounds like how I originally expected stances to work, I thought stance changing shouldn't be something to do between each ability just for the odd special move here and there, so an extra global cd wouldn't make a huge difference. However I can see it being a huge nerf given that wasn't it's initial implementation.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Nice to know WoW sucks for bs balance too :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lieva wrote:Im arcane :D
so get decent dmg with it Plus i have insta cast + arcane instability which increases damage :D

anf the arcane blast is transferable between mobs ^^

and ive heard peeps complaining re warrior nerfs heta - what have they actually done?
cuz i have a lil fury warrior which i will be leveling when i get to 70 so want to know :p

Have to admit, when I specced completely Arcane I was quite pleased with it, especially the damage on the "Empowered Arcane Missiles". I also loved the benefit of the extra 15% to Intellect from "Arcane Mind" Rank 5. Improved Mana Shield, Improved Counterspell and Prismatic Cloak are very nice and Mind Mastery is good because it increases damage to all spells, not just Arcane.

At the moment I'm specced all Fire, with the exception of 5 points in Improved Arcane Missiles. I like Arcane Missiles because they are a channeled spell, which means you auto-face the enemy and at Rank 5, they don't get interrupted. Fire spec is easily the most damaging, but leaves you weak in other areas, especially against mobs who are immune to Fire. Frost is the best for CC though.

Think I might respec to Arcane again when I get the dosh. I enjoyed it.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

ive tried all three specs :p
Frost (totally sucks in dungeons - defo a solo spec :) )
Fire (brilliant instas...love the dragon breath!! but the most powerful weps at your disposal takes forEVER to cast - pyroblast - 6sec and the fireball - 3sec)
and Arcane (best of the bunch - aoe insta and ranged missiles :D and now a nice arcane boss killer :) )

Imp CS sometimes gets resisted at the higher bosses though cuz they resist the other stuff :(

Like TBC tho. You can make Arcane specced gear :D
Before was only Fire/Frost :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

what do you think of the level 68 'mage invisability' spell? :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

oh and as for nerfing :)

look at every class and theyve all complained that their class is rubbish now and nerfed to heck and back :p

fact is most classes can still solo well (unless pure heal specced like druids/priests - actually not 100% on that actually. Priests seem to do alot of dmg even when heal specced :p as do druids :p ) and tbh thats what counts :p

nerfing is when your pet hamster can kill you by looking at you :p
*coughs* bards *coughs*
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ovi wrote:The stance change sounds like how I originally expected stances to work, I thought stance changing shouldn't be something to do between each ability just for the odd special move here and there, so an extra global cd wouldn't make a huge difference. However I can see it being a huge nerf given that wasn't it's initial implementation.
i agree.
Ive not played my ickle level 11 warrior much (obviously) but i try to look at each fight as a seperate thing not as a global stance changing epidemic :p

i.e if i know the mob hits hard i go in with defensive.
if it doesnt or has low HP then i go in with battle :p

thats the only two he has atm :o

then again i never even thought about changing stances during fights :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “World of Warcraft”