erm omg etc....

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hmm in the game the undead had a evil version of the palladin. Death knights :p
Pity they hadnt introduced that type to the game insted :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Bone

Post by Bone »

FWOAR i havent been on these forums for a while....

I think the problem originally stemmed from the Vicidious encounter in AQ40. Many horde guilds have defeated it but i think 1 ally guild has managed to do it.

It comes down to the poison cleansing totem. Because the boss spams everyone with poison all the time its too much on the pallies to cleanse everyone but with a shammy it just drops the totem and it does the job for them.
Bone Idle - BM
Gatt Decor - Animist

Gumbo - Warlock : WoW. Thunderhorn server.

Gumbo - Necromancer : AoC. Dagon server.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Wouldn't it be quicker, more sensible and more in line with not completely destroying the games lore to just make the boss not poison as much :p ?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

curious as to why its only the pally duty to cure posion?
ive not hit high end yet (still - :( wanna do reggie quest dagnammit!) but druids have cure poison and there are UI where mages can cure everyone in their group of curses so i presume same for druids?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Banana wrote:curious as to why its only the pally duty to cure posion?
ive not hit high end yet (still - :( wanna do reggie quest dagnammit!) but druids have cure poison and there are UI where mages can cure everyone in their group of curses so i presume same for druids?

The same add-on works for all curing classes, called decusive. Yes Druids can also cure poison.

The problem is that a totem takes one cast and then becomes an auto-curer without taking up the Shaman's global cool down. Pallies (I think?) and certainly Druids take 1.5 seconds to cast another spell after casting the cure poison.

As Xest said though they could tone down the poison, in fact they could probably tone it down for Alliance only as it is an instance and can probably be set differently for Aliiance and Horde if really needed.

I think allowing each side to have all classes is mroe aimed at future content, so they can create instances that have specific encounters for pally's and Shaman. Most other classes have certain areas where they excel so it is only fair that these 2 should also.

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

I don't think it had to do with Viscidus specifically (and actually lots of alliance guilds have killed him) but more with the freedom to design more encounters like him without having to worry that one faction will have a 10X harder time doing it.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Argyleyn wrote:I don't think it had to do with Viscidus specifically (and actually lots of alliance guilds have killed him) but more with the freedom to design more encounters like him without having to worry that one faction will have a 10X harder time doing it.
now few days passed i kinda got used to the idea.. :|
and indeed there are some serious arguements related to the flexibility of design that can be convincing or at least make some sense.

still feels poo lorewise but well, last days BS news about PvP and raid revamp sweeten a bit the feeling.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Return to “World of Warcraft”