Burning Crusade info

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
<ankh>
Savant
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 pm
Location: where you least expect me to
Contact:

Burning Crusade info

Post by <ankh> »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraftexp1/news.html?sid=6151428&page=1&q=&q=

Blizzard lead designer Jeff Kaplan was interviewed during E3 by Gamespot.com about the new expansion for WoW Burning Crusade.

Dunno why I post this one, I've never liked the game (or played it) but I guess there might be some of you who will enjoy this reading.

/Ankh

Ovi
Savant
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by Ovi »

<ankh> wrote:
Dunno why I post this one, I've never liked the game (or played it) but I guess there might be some of you who will enjoy this reading.

/Ankh



Of course you never liked it if you never played it. doh:

That's almost like saying I really like Warhammer Online, even though it isn't even close to being finished yet!

<ankh>
Savant
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 pm
Location: where you least expect me to
Contact:

Post by <ankh> »

Ovi wrote:Of course you never liked it if you never played it. doh:

That's almost like saying I really like Warhammer Online, even though it isn't even close to being finished yet!


Not really, I never liked it cos
1.) I dont like the warcraft world.
2.) I've heard alot of bad things about it.
3.) I got sick n tired of the hype.
4.) I got anoyed at the constant talk about how good its gonna be and its a "daoc killer" etc etc..

Notice, I never said the game was shite - I just said I don't like it.

Edit: I would have said the graphics too, problem is that warahammer is using similar. But my reason why Im gonna play warhammer is the world/gameplay - so Ill have to live with the graphics.

Edit2: Tbh I don't have to explain why I don't like it, but as you had to comment it I thought I might aswell. The post was about the expansion to WoW and not my personal view on the game :)

Edit3: Yes, another edit :D... I've watched people play WoW and thats also a reason why I can say I don't like it even though I havent played the game. There, now you got your answer.

/Ankh

Shi
Savant
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Shi »

this:
We're also going to try some new stuff with raid instances. We're going to do a 10-man raid instance called Karazhan on the raid save timer. That should really feel like endgame content for people that don't want to raid with anything more than 10. That'll just be the tip of the iceberg for the real raiders that want to go out and experience the big, epic content.

sounds nice,
Altho Blizzard have lied on so many things so far I just won't believe it till i see it.
It makes sense to me only if rewards are compairable lvl that those from 40 man raid stuff.
Which imo will NEVER happen coz if Blizzard attempted to do that the raiderz would eat them alive and internet would explode from their whining....

Flying mounts sounds nice, but i want then a refound on all the bloody epic ones I got already... :D

PvP revamp lets hope too. It looks a bit like a step towards outdoor pvp aka DAOC, which i kept saying is a thing blizzard can make happen in the xpack, well, will see.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Ovi
Savant
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by Ovi »

<ankh> wrote:
Edit2: Tbh I don't have to explain why I don't like it, but as you had to comment it I thought I might aswell. The post was about the expansion to WoW and not my personal view on the game :)



Of course you don't have to explain why you don't like something. If you take the time to express an opinion, expect others to question / comment on it though.

I would still argue that you reallly don't know whether you like it or not, because you haven't tried it. You can think you won't like it, even be "fairly sure" you won't like it, but without playing it you can't be 100% sure. That is only splitting hairs though :)

<ankh>
Savant
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 pm
Location: where you least expect me to
Contact:

Post by <ankh> »

Ovi wrote:Of course you don't have to explain why you don't like something. If you take the time to express an opinion, expect others to question / comment on it though.

I would still argue that you reallly don't know whether you like it or not, because you haven't tried it. You can think you won't like it, even be "fairly sure" you won't like it, but without playing it you can't be 100% sure. That is only splitting hairs though :)


Ive watched it being played for 5-6 hours and thats enough for me to tell if the game is something I'd like or not.

Edit: I started this thread to show the ones that like WoW the info I found, I made a comment that even though I dont like it myself I wanna share. But still you want to comment my views on it? That doesnt really make me wanna share more things I find really. The thread was about the expansion..not about me.

/Ankh

Shi
Savant
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Shi »

i think Ankh doesnt like WoW in same way ppl don't or do like bananas :D
no much to debate on, just to say i got different approach to games ;)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Ovi
Savant
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by Ovi »

[quote="ShiShi"]i think Ankh doesnt like WoW in same way ppl don't or do like bananas :D
no much to debate on, just to say i got different approach to games ]


But most people who don't like bananas have tasted one. The aren't put of by others saying that they don't like them, or watching others eat them. :D

<ankh>
Savant
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 pm
Location: where you least expect me to
Contact:

Post by <ankh> »

Ovi wrote:But most people who don't like bananas have tasted one. The aren't put of by others saying that they don't like them, or watching others eat them. :D


Thats actually a quite lame compare. To know if you like bananas you need to taste. I have my eyes and ears to study a game to see if I will like it or not, I dont really need to chew on the cd/dvd. Ah well...everyone got their own views on it I guess.

/Ankh

Ovi
Savant
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by Ovi »

<ankh> wrote:Thats actually a quite lame compare. To know if you like bananas you need to taste. I have my eyes and ears to study a game to see if I will like it or not, I dont really need to chew on the cd/dvd. Ah well...everyone got their own views on it I guess.

/Ankh



Blame ShiShi, I was only using the material I was given :)

5-6 hours is no time at all for a MMORPG, and watching someone else is never as good as playing yourself. As I said, it is enopugh to give you a very good idea, all the more from having plenty of MMORPG experience, and I was only splitting hairs. Less taking posts so seriously IMHO! 8-)

Post Reply

Return to “World of Warcraft”