WoW is bloody ace!

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Tio
Emerald Rider

Post by Tio »

Hoonius wrote:Quest Exp too? Sure, the mobs you kill will give propotionally more exp for the higher level char, but this doesn't affect quests. if anything, the higher level chars get less exp for handing in the same quest as a lower level one.
No i typed in a way that could cause a misread i meant to say quest xp stays the same.

so if i am level say 25 and hand in a quest that i solo'd i would get the same xp if i was grouped with a level 50 player who had helped me complete the quest.

However you correctly point out that i will get less XP if i do the quest solo at say level 35,and i mean physicly less XP not just proportianately

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Bah got tired of this thread at page7 :P

Here´s some pennies! After beta WoW to lv25 and Release WoW to lv16, questing was sure fun!
But guess what!
Catacombs introduced miniquests, just like the ones in WoW, with a variation of Go A kill X mob, or deliver this to that NPC, or use this potion at mob and kill a frog.

I dont see any advantage of WoW quests to daoc : cata ones, other then you can share them easier.

Catacombs introduced a whole new way of PvE in DAOC, and instance dungeons to complement if you wanna XP fast and easy.

And then PvP no need to say anything, WoW nowhere near daoc sofar.

Joby
Emerald Rider

Post by Joby »

Well im level 60 and got my epic mount, and pretty bored atm only thing worth doing is instance's but after 5+ runs in all of them its getting pretty boring also =S. Gifv honor system

fungus
Emerald Rider

Post by fungus »

Joby wrote:Well im level 60 and got my epic mount, and pretty bored atm only thing worth doing is instance's but after 5+ runs in all of them its getting pretty boring also =S. Gifv honor system
almost lvl 60 and still fun , but i can imagine it gets boring if u got it all, u can always roll an alt u always wanted :P. And yes PvP hjonor system would be great.
Prydwen
Ejo Bard Tiarna <Tuatha De Danann>

warhammer
ejo BW rr 80 karak azgal
output DoK rr80 karak azgal

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

looks like the old problem,a game too easy to play gets fast boring
a game difficult to play-->gets long fun,or headache

and with the proffessionality a lot of people play these games atm (24/7), the easy games run out of fun for them fast

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Well, after reaching 60, I can now say without a shadow of a doubt, the pve farming you have to do in WoW is MUCH worse than anything in daoc. The amount of instance runs you need to do to get good equipment greatly dwarfs the amount of work there was to do in toa. Say I want to get an item for the quest for my epic leggings, I have to go to blackrock spire with a raid of 15 people, to kill rend's mount (yes 1 mob in the entire instance) who has a wonderful 1.8% chance of dropping the item. Almost everyone on the raid will also need this 1.8% chance to drop item.. And that item alone isn't all I need for making the epic item (tho it's the rarest of them, I'll still need to do about 30+ brs runs for scales, and do other stuff too). All of which nets me 1 item.. then I gotta do 5 million instance runs to get the rest of my gear too. And it's not like toa where the artifact encounters for the most part don't take too long and have even in the worst cases, quite high drop rates, each instance run is a few hours, like a moderate ML run, except instead of 10 MLs, you have to do literally hundreds of instance runs.

While levelling in wow is far more pleasurable than daoc, endgame item farming is hell and makes daoc toa seem like heaven. In 2 weeks you can be nearly completely toaed if you want to, in wow 2 months mightn't be enough :P That said, I played a bit of daoc yesterday and it's too boring rvring, so I'm still sticking with wow for now..

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Daied

Post by Daied »

You folks are to much in a hurry.
Enjoy the journey to the final destination :)

Rogue lvl 32 taking his time
Exploring World of Warcraft.... HORDE for the win!! :)

with the Dark family on Thunderhorn

Daied and Faorie and Eidi are on extended holiday

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

While levelling in wow is far more pleasurable than daoc.

maybe before catacombs :P
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Banana don't you get addicted with Male's pinky letters :P

And Male is about right, WoW sounds very EQish after you hit lvl 60. One thing tho, in DAoC you made a template, than switched to PvE mode for a month or two until you got all the items and was ready to SC stuff. In WoW you get a new item, and simply replace the old one, no SC calculating and template rebuilding. So pressure to get the wanted set is not that great, unless you really want some purple 8 pieces sets ASAP :P
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

Yeh, but i think in daoc the majority of people were actually meant to get an artifact template, while in wow only a few really addicted people are supposed to ever get a molten core whatever set. I think eventually, in pvp servers especially, most people will be happy with running around in blue items coming from strat or dm, it's not like daoc where 80% of the people you would meet would have 3-4 artis at least, in wow it feels more like 80% of the people will never get a purple item.

In Daoc you had to do toa to compete, you don't need to do mc to compete in wow as there's a very small number of guilds/people in each server that could really do that.

But you are partially right about it at least, as i said in a previous post what worries me most about wow is that it has people like Tigole as dungeon/pve/item designers.

They will change drop rates and drop chances next patch though i think.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Return to “World of Warcraft”