WoW is bloody ace!

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Post by Flippant Desires »

Alexandrinus wrote:looks like the old problem,a game too easy to play gets fast boring
a game difficult to play-->gets long fun,or headache

and with the proffessionality a lot of people play these games atm (24/7), the easy games run out of fun for them fast

Not sure you've played WoW.

DAoC it's easy to get to 50, I think ppl were doing this in just a few weeks - that's easy mode.

Taunt management is tougher in WoW, as quite a few 'taunts' are on timers/cooldown. And many mobs (esp humanoids) will run in fear when they get too low on health - they'll then come back with a load of friends. Add to that the limited forms of CC* and you'll find the pve side much more challenging fight-to-fight.

I've got no problem with the loot drop chances, only the elitist hard-core are bothered about having purple items all over their kit. Unlike DAoC, you're template isn't thrown out by 1 item change, nice change not to have your eyes on some stupid calculator all the time.

*You can use 'fear' spells, but that will prolly get you x3 mobs again on you
Trying out
RIFT, Guild Wars 2 & DAoC (again...)

WoW [retired]

Flippant, Margo, Szleynix, & Plumduff
PvP: Stormreaver {Alliance}, RP: Argent Dawn {Alliance}

DAoC [retired]
Flippant |Szleynix | Brass Monkey

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Flippant Desires wrote:Not sure you've played WoW.
it was a general comment on games,and in the depth of a game

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Well I'm not 60 yet in WoW, my Shaman is 54 currently, but I've not tired of the PvE side of things yet and I won't mind doing some gear raids at 60. However, I don't plan on gear farming too much at 60 as I'm not gear obsessed. I'm not someone who feels under pressure to have a full set of purple (or even blue) equipment with co-ordinated visuals etc etc. Of course I'd like a few key items but then I'll fill in the rest of my slots with whatever is available (which is how I always approached things in Daoc - get a few key artifacts and then just assemble the rest from whatever comes to hand).

In WoW, good gear obviously helps in both PvE and PvP but there's not the necessity to build the 'perfect template' like there is in post-TOA Daoc. But this is because most players are casual and there isn't yet an abundance of people running around in uber elite gear. Over time this might change, depending on how the PvP side of the game develops and the balance between the relative importance of gear, skills and class abilities.

I remember a time when people weren't template obsessed in Daoc and pieced together a set of gear from whatever they could obtain from drops and crafting. Then along came SI with Galladoria and Spellcrafting and people started worrying about maxxing out everything. And then along came ToA and everything went totally tits up (in my opinion).

No-one can really know how it'll go with WoW over the course of time, but currently not having elite gear isn't a show stopper.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Well, even getting a half decent blue set takes an awful lot of farming too.. mainly the fault of bind on pickup I guess. Toa was certainly much easier for getting gear in than wow is, I don't have any purples, nor can I feasibly see myself getting one through farming (maybe get very luck one day tho who knows). But even getting a good quality set of blues (don't mean a set set, just a random collection) takes an awful lot of instance farming. DM added in the last patch is a step in the right direction, the amount of drops there that are good is well above that of other fg instances and means the farming isn't quite so bad..

Even so, it's still way tougher getting even half decent gear than it ever was in toa

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

willowywicca wrote:
Well, even getting a half decent blue set takes an awful lot of farming too.. mainly the fault of bind on pickup I guess. Toa was certainly much easier for getting gear in than wow is, I don't have any purples, nor can I feasibly see myself getting one through farming (maybe get very luck one day tho who knows). But even getting a good quality set of blues (don't mean a set set, just a random collection) takes an awful lot of instance farming. DM added in the last patch is a step in the right direction, the amount of drops there that are good is well above that of other fg instances and means the farming isn't quite so bad..

Even so, it's still way tougher getting even half decent gear than it ever was in toa

Bah! what planet are you on malev :)

easy blue items from crafting...most is perfectly good. if u want an "end game" of l33t...well no game will satisfy :)

WoW is barely past 1.53 on DAoC terms... you remember 1.53? RvR ranks etc

Forget mindless 'toa' hunts for the mo, wait for the next month, when we get BGs......give that a go.
Trying out

WoW [retired]

DAoC [retired]

Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Cernos wrote:I remember a time when people weren't template obsessed in Daoc and pieced together a set of gear from whatever they could obtain from drops and crafting. Then along came SI with Galladoria and Spellcrafting and people started worrying about maxxing out everything. And then along came ToA and everything went totally tits up (in my opinion).

I know this was the reason for ... many ... ppl leaving the game. 'cor last RL meet in sept/oct.. too many ppl saying toa was trash :)

I think daoc will continue on one line.... i just want another line to go on.. i.e. wow atm.
Trying out

WoW [retired]

DAoC [retired]

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

HappyG wrote:Banana don't you get addicted with Male's pinky letters :P

:lol:

i just quoted her
it defaulted to pink!
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

just out of curiosity though.
Why does everyone still like wow?

not all of you are on the PVP servers.
people have stated in the past they hate pve and much prefer RvR (which atm doesnt appear to exsist in wow)
but there is nothing else to to it seems in wow?
surely the fluff it has would only keep you entertained for so long?
why wow and not horizons which seemed to actually have more stuff in it (dragons flying - eventually etc)

not a dig - just really curious :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Why? Well I just started to hit end-game dungeons, and getting equioment together is something to make me bussy... PvP ranks are on US test server so they will come in just when I get some basic PvP stuff, so thats about it :)

And comparing WoW with Horizons... uh :) ah :) um.... eeeeee... :sheepskip :cowgif: :cowgif: :sheepskip :cowgif: :sheepskip :cowgif:
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

The game is fresh and enjoyable Nana :)
Is not like you need some supreme reasons to justify you move over and stick to something you find better fun.

Widely understood gameplay fun is a huge asset for WoW.

Those who compare getting some rare epic quested/dropped/crafted item in WoW to achieving endgame template in DAOC got it totally wrong.
Anyhow, I think it’s the mindset that matters. Ppl make themselves unhappy thinking they need achieve those artificial targets they fix to themselves.

WoW is a game you can play alts and think of brigning them all to 60, even as casual player.
In an enjoyable way, not by camping a spot for few days or leeching xp....

In WoW you can have fights that go wrong and you still got tools to get out alive from those.

Crafting is actually fun, real fun.

And trade... It gets bloody addicting :)

Ah, and well, if ya wake me up middle of the night and ask me what's the worst mmorpg I ever played, I gonna answer without doubt 'horizons'
This flop does not diserve to be named loud even.Piece of junk published by a thief company.

Return to “World of Warcraft”