WoW is bloody ace!

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Rami

Post by Rami »

Tammuz wrote:Sorry i was talking about the thrill which made me RvR/PvP your responses were

Are you saying that you would be happy playing and getting titles and points that do nothing ?, the entire idea of rp's is to get realm abilities, and in minor advantage also the title, i also read the etc as realm abilities since quite honestly i dont think you meant bounty points and there is nothing else:)
I'm not bothered with Realm Abilitys, as everyone gets them. And if I had to play without I wouldn't be sad, it's the same for everyone.

And yes, I would be happy playing and getting titles and points that do nothing, it would still be alot better than WoW PvP is atm imo.
shotz:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Rami wrote:I'm not bothered with Realm Abilitys, as everyone gets them. And if I had to play without I wouldn't be sad, it's the same for everyone.
How do you figure that?

I played DAoC for 2 years, and have one character over rr5.... just! i am not a casual player, although I would say a casual RvRer :)

Everyone does NOT get them, that is what spoilt the game for a vast majority of "casual" players. ToA only made things worse because it was the same casual players that couldn't get Artifacts and Master Levels.

The fact that Mythic are introducing RRs above 10 mean that the situation will only get worse.

I really hope that Blizzard don't make the same mistake as Mythic by introducing too many over-powered abilities.

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Rami wrote:I'm not bothered with Realm Abilitys, as everyone gets them. And if I had to play without I wouldn't be sad, it's the same for everyone.

And yes, I would be happy playing and getting titles and points that do nothing, it would still be alot better than WoW PvP is atm imo.

Haha then your arguing with the wrong person because thats what i said in my first post, but really, just adding titles in and points that do nothing wouldnt really improve the PvP aspect one little bit except for that little ego boost :silly:

Also i agree with Ovi not everyone gets them, lots of ppl dont get them and certianly it makes for a very unfair and for newer people less worthwhile experience when there fighting ppl who have them, a better way to say it would be that everyone COULD HAVE them, its not like leveling where you can pretty much guarentee that you will hit max lvl eventually (at worst you can take forever hitting greens) and that you will fight an equal playing field as everyone else, i mean a support class has alot less chance of getting it because they cannot solo, not true of a caster class.

fungus
Emerald Rider

Post by fungus »

I didnt like it until i started playing it

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

fungus wrote:I didnt like it until i started playing it
ofc you wouldnt like it untill youve actually tried it??

Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Post by Flippant Desires »

Bourkey wrote:ofc you wouldnt like it untill youve actually tried it??

not at all.
if that were the case, we'd all be broke! :)

we ignore most games because they simply don't hit the headlines, or get that peer ressure in. those that do get a review, it better be good, 'coz ppl don't like playing games with shitty reviews - regardless of how good it actually is.

wow has recieved a lot of hipe and bullsh*t about uber this and uber-screw other games. but face it, it's another game that will meet some ppl's playstyle and interests more than another.

i'm enojoying wow atm because it doesn't have 10% of the boredom, tedious and futile struggle daoc gave me - after playing since early 2002. thinking back to how daoc started, and what daoc is now, i'd said daoc was a sh*te game to play for the first 6months. It was buggy as hell, unbalanced, slow, grinding, dis-jointed, you name it. what it did have tho was a new style of online gaming - something truely 'massive' and close-knit.

i'm not going to 'walk' into another game and expect it to fulfill someone of daoc, daoc is old-school now and i doubt you can re-create the feeling of starting L1 character (realising later if may take 30-40days real-time to get 50).

today, ppl want and expect games to be polished from day one. totally unrealistic - since when did games have a check-list, or DIY manual to success? there are more games coming online now, with better and more thought out concepts than the old ones, it's great! now we have a choice.
Trying out
RIFT, Guild Wars 2 & DAoC (again...)

WoW [retired]

Flippant, Margo, Szleynix, & Plumduff
PvP: Stormreaver {Alliance}, RP: Argent Dawn {Alliance}

DAoC [retired]
Flippant |Szleynix | Brass Monkey

Bone

Post by Bone »

In WoW we are gonna get titles for pvp kills etc. and instead of rps we get to get to a new zone in a big city and choose from better armour and weapons because of your pvp rank.

Check it out. Sounds frigging awesome.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/pvp/pvp-article-part2.html
Bone Idle - BM
Gatt Decor - Animist

Gumbo - Warlock : WoW. Thunderhorn server.

Gumbo - Necromancer : AoC. Dagon server.

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

Way too much solo in WoW for my taste played the beta for 1week and went back to DaoC. Only thing i like about WoW is the crafting never really crafted in DaoC but in WoW i loved engineering.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

DAOC is like that old girl(boy)-friend of urs, or errr VHS tapes, you need some time to get over them ;)

so take ur time ppl, WoW is indeed ace

S.
ps, and hello everybody :cheeky:

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Argyleyn wrote:That's because on 90% of cases they ARE genuinely helping. If only 1 person helps you kill a monster, you lose almost 0 xp, you still get credit and loot for it and you save mana+time. Only if a group of 5 adds to your mobs you will really see your xp go down the drain and it might get annoying, but really, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 1-2 people adding on you occasionally, unless you really wanted the challenge i guess. I don't do it because a lot of people like you don't understand this game's mechanics yet, but if someone does it on me i mostly feel grateful for helping me save mana.

I actually believe that the mana you save from people adding on you will help you get much more xp over time than if they never helped and you got all the xp.

Sorry its taken so long to respond.

This reply was helpful and it has led to me chilling a lot. Now, instead of getting irritated by helpers I do thank them (though mostly they run off without replying) and I also help people out too: I don't normally pile into the fight, but being a druid I can do a lot of good by healing someone to nearly full health with one spell - that's saved a lot of people's skins.

Return to “World of Warcraft”