WoW is bloody ace!

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Rami wrote:Question is: How long will this "thrill" last, it's exactly like it was in DAoC.
Well i stayed on DaoC for over 3 years so if thats anything to go on probably about 1 year+, luckily even in DaoC i spent more time on PvE then RvR and this game is far superior to even the polished DaoC for PvE.

Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Post by Flippant Desires »

Bourkey wrote:i agree with you on everything uve said rami. Moving server and starting again may not have helped but the game just seemed to go downhill for me after 2-3 weeks. I miss the lvling experience in daoc i dont like the fact i have to move every 20 mins and how you could call normal exping in daoc boring i personally dont know, the mayhem at the blackthorns? the total anarchay in muire tomb, The great grps you used to get in sprags i can think of plenty of spots i used to love going. But in wow oh look byself, if i invite someone much less xp unless epic mob oh well, oh look ive killed 10 mobs have to move spot again.

You miss the point tho.

Your choices are:

1) Stay in one spot for 3-4hrs and get 0.5 level, or if you have a twinked grouped a level.

2) Spend the same time exploring new zones/towns, getting quest items, faction bonus, and a level, or 2 if in a good group.

The first is DAoC, the second is WoW.

If you want a game where you spend your time chatting, stick with the xp grind. If you don't like the xp grind, go for a game that rewards you with quests. WoW is about lvl-ing up on quests, not grinding.
Trying out
RIFT, Guild Wars 2 & DAoC (again...)

WoW [retired]

Flippant, Margo, Szleynix, & Plumduff
PvP: Stormreaver {Alliance}, RP: Argent Dawn {Alliance}

DAoC [retired]
Flippant |Szleynix | Brass Monkey

Rami

Post by Rami »

Tammuz wrote:Well i stayed on DaoC for over 3 years so if thats anything to go on probably about 1 year+, luckily even in DaoC i spent more time on PvE then RvR and this game is far superior to even the polished DaoC for PvE.
So you actually say you'd enjoy RvR for 3 years without any rps/titles etc from RvR? I doubt that tbh.

First months is for the thrill, rest is because it's fun and "rewarding" (rp's etc.).
shotz:

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Flippant Desires wrote:You miss the point tho.

Your choices are:

1) Stay in one spot for 3-4hrs and get 0.5 level, or if you have a twinked grouped a level.

2) Spend the same time exploring new zones/towns, getting quest items, faction bonus, and a level, or 2 if in a good group.

The first is DAoC, the second is WoW.

If you want a game where you spend your time chatting, stick with the xp grind. If you don't like the xp grind, go for a game that rewards you with quests. WoW is about lvl-ing up on quests, not grinding.
Thats my point i prefare the first one, although sure ill admit around the level 35+ point the exping got boring for the number of spots, unless you found a nice one. 3-4 hours for 0.5, mate thats what its like at level 49

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Rami wrote:So you actually say you'd enjoy RvR for 3 years without any rps/titles etc from RvR? I doubt that tbh.

First months is for the thrill, rest is because it's fun and "rewarding" (rp's etc.).
Not for everyone.

I played for 2 years before WoW, and my first thought was always for what was fun, not what got me a lot of RPs, one reason why my RPs were so low.

Having titles is fine, the problem for me was the huge difference RAs made. So much so it changed the game considerably between high and low rr, making balancing classes/realms impossible.

The most commonly discussed probably being Mage damage. Anyone of low RR complained bitterly about mages being over-powered and able to 2-shot them, but once rr6+ comes along the situation changes and tanks start to become a better damage dealer.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Bourkey wrote:Thats my point i prefare the first one, although sure ill admit around the level 35+ point the exping got boring for the number of spots, unless you found a nice one. 3-4 hours for 0.5, mate thats what its like at level 49
Actually you can do the first in WoW if you really wanted too, in fact running through instances would probably suit the "static" types of player, and the speed of levelling would probably be quicker than (at least as quick as ...) questing.

The fact they are instances means you don't have to worry about the spots being camped either :)

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Rami wrote:So you actually say you'd enjoy RvR for 3 years without any rps/titles etc from RvR? I doubt that tbh.

Yes i would, no i didnt really give a damn about the extra abilites EXCEPT purely to be able to try and keep up with those with them (which quite honestly isnt a good reason), i would have been Very VEry happy if the game had never got the realm abilities as it is/was/will be unbalancing on any game, now note ive already said i understand why they put them in, just personally i dont like them and how they made the game.

Yes i would like titles, again already said that, but titles are jsut that, a few words.

Simply put, im not the same as you, you need those things, i dont.

Rami

Post by Rami »

Tammuz wrote:Yes i would, no i didnt really give a damn about the extra abilites EXCEPT purely to be able to try and keep up with those with them (which quite honestly isnt a good reason), i would have been Very VEry happy if the game had never got the realm abilities as it is/was/will be unbalancing on any game, now note ive already said i understand why they put them in, just personally i dont like them and how they made the game.

Yes i would like titles, again already said that, but titles are jsut that, a few words.

Simply put, im not the same as you, you need those things, i dont.
We weren't talking about Realm Abilitys though.
shotz:

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Played beta of Wow and it wasn't my cup of tea :x Took me ~2 weeks to get into DAoC, after I saw my friend in thid i knew i wanted the game. Maybe when there is a battlegrounds on WoW i may give it a go but until then ill stick DAoC :x
gone...

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Sorry i was talking about the thrill which made me RvR/PvP your responses were

Rami wrote:We weren't talking about Realm Abilitys though

Are you saying that you would be happy playing and getting titles and points that do nothing ?, the entire idea of rp's is to get realm abilities, and in minor advantage also the title, i also read the etc as realm abilities since quite honestly i dont think you meant bounty points and there is nothing else:)

Return to “World of Warcraft”