WoW is bloody ace!

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Bone

Post by Bone »

Banana wrote:its ok when i get bored
still doesnt beat daoc though.

Ive cancelled my preorder of catacombs. :(

I'm affraid to say my daoc days are now over because of WoW.
Bone Idle - BM
Gatt Decor - Animist

Gumbo - Warlock : WoW. Thunderhorn server.

Gumbo - Necromancer : AoC. Dagon server.

Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Post by Flippant Desires »

Bone wrote:Ive cancelled my preorder of catacombs. :(

I'm affraid to say my daoc days are now over because of WoW.

Shud say congrats :)
DAoC it just too old now, nearly evey new idea since patch 1.71 has been stolen from other games. DAoC was great :) but now time to join the new generation :)

I know some are still looking to Catacombs as a great new graphics engine and content, but it wasn't enough for me :) Graphics are dire compared to the new games and content (whilst very promising) still won't do the trick on a server who's population is in the twilight.
Trying out
RIFT, Guild Wars 2 & DAoC (again...)

WoW [retired]

Flippant, Margo, Szleynix, & Plumduff
PvP: Stormreaver {Alliance}, RP: Argent Dawn {Alliance}

DAoC [retired]
Flippant |Szleynix | Brass Monkey

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Yup canceled my Cata order too, i may renew on 17th march for last month of playing in NFD gg to see if i can get near rr9, that's it. WoW is sooo refreshing atm and relaxing compared to TOA/NF headache. And omg Craft all :P
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

I'm bored of WoW :(
i don't have a sig.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Haarewin wrote:I'm bored of WoW :(
Too much Beta testing and PLing :P

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Argyleyn wrote:That's because on 90% of cases they ARE genuinely helping. If only 1 person helps you kill a monster, you lose almost 0 xp, you still get credit and loot for it and you save mana+time. Only if a group of 5 adds to your mobs you will really see your xp go down the drain and it might get annoying, but really, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 1-2 people adding on you occasionally, unless you really wanted the challenge i guess. I don't do it because a lot of people like you don't understand this game's mechanics yet, but if someone does it on me i mostly feel grateful for helping me save mana.

I actually believe that the mana you save from people adding on you will help you get much more xp over time than if they never helped and you got all the xp.
Yep it's true, but old habits die hard and after 3+ years of Dark Ages it takes some getting used to people wading in to help when you are fighting a mob.. DAoC instinct says "Get your grubby mits off my mob you leaching scum!" WoW mechanics say "Hey thanks guy's that saved me a bit of time!"

Whoever gets first hit gets the loot, credit and the xp, so once you've pulled a mob it really doesnt matter if someone helps you with adding or just healing.. yet another thing Blizzard have got right in order to encourage a friendly and helpfull community.

I haven't noticed a significant drop in mob xp if more than 1 or 2 people add on a combat, but tbh if you're xping on mobs to the extent that it matters then you really have missed the point of the game.. quests > farming :p

Bone

Post by Bone »

Haarewin wrote:I'm bored of WoW :(

Its not for everyones taste.

I got bored of daoc fairly quick after coming from UO when i first played it, but i took a little break and gave it another chance. Also i think its more of a case of not bored with WoW but bored of the fact of leveling something else again.

me? I love it. :)
Bone Idle - BM
Gatt Decor - Animist

Gumbo - Warlock : WoW. Thunderhorn server.

Gumbo - Necromancer : AoC. Dagon server.

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

Bone wrote:Its not for everyones taste.

I got bored of daoc fairly quick after coming from UO when i first played it, but i took a little break and gave it another chance. Also i think its more of a case of not bored with WoW but bored of the fact of leveling something else again.

me? I love it. :)
i loved it in beta, and find i level too fast for the content.
just not for me i guess.
i don't have a sig.

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Gitt wrote:Yep it's true, but old habits die hard and after 3+ years of Dark Ages it takes some getting used to people wading in to help when you are fighting a mob.. DAoC instinct says "Get your grubby mits off my mob you leaching scum!" WoW mechanics say "Hey thanks guy's that saved me a bit of time!"
Now this made me laugh becasue its exactly what i thought when i first beta tested only jsut getting over it now after years of DaoC style leeching.

Rami

Post by Rami »

Flippant Desires wrote:Shud say congrats :)
DAoC it just too old now, nearly evey new idea since patch 1.71 has been stolen from other games. DAoC was great :) but now time to join the new generation :)

I know some are still looking to Catacombs as a great new graphics engine and content, but it wasn't enough for me :) Graphics are dire compared to the new games and content (whilst very promising) still won't do the trick on a server who's population is in the twilight.
Heh, funny you'd say that. I can't think of a single thing that is unique for WoW :p

I didn't like WoW in beta, gave it another chance when I bought the game. Free month runs out on friday, will not renew. Not for me I guess :p
Was fun the first 2 weeks, 3rd week I renewed my DAoC-acc and didn't play as much WoW as I did the first two weeks. This last week I haven't even logged on.

PvP-system is crap, the promises of a "GREAT PvP SYSTEM THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE" reminds me of what was said about FFXI.

Quests are soo much more fun than in DAoC (Collect 60 tusks plz!) a.k.a Killtasks in DAoC... It's boring in WoW and in DAoC..

GREAT IDUNGEONS - Like in Catacombs.

Hate the graphics in WoW, looks like Disneyland Reloaded.

But anyway, the biggest reason for why I went back to DAoC is that I believe Mythic will fix things and make DAoC fun again. I played Catacombs on US servers and I love it.

But I guess it depends on how interested in PvP (or RvR as it's known in DAoC) you are. If you play for PvP, then WoW is a big fat waste of time, DAoC still has the #1 PvP-system imo.

I can imagine WoW being nice for people that haven't played a MMORPG before and therefor thinks it's unique and have that "WOW!" feeling we had when we first played DAoC. Also the community in WoW isn't exactly the best.
shotz:

Return to “World of Warcraft”