Lord of the Rings online - Screenshots

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

BTW if you want to order it don't waste your time with play.com or game.co.uk or any of the other crappy online stores who exist purely to f*ck you about, get it directly from Codemasters http://www.codemasters.co.uk/eshop/list ... ?genre=RPG
It may seem more complicated at the time, but in the end it's actually a lot less complicated, and it sets up most of the Codemaster stuff you need to actually play.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

you have to play it really :p
I know when I was trying to get OohhoO to play it he was not interested in the game what I was saying but now he has played it..addiction ^^
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

It's like Nana says... you get distracted...

You log on thinking "Right! Now I'm gonna do A, B & C!"
Then off you go to do A & spot this beautiful castle up on a hill & think "Oh man! I just have to see what it's like up there!", & then when you log off a few hours later you've done A, D, E, F & G but NOT B & C.

So the next day you log on thinking "Right! Now I'm DEFINATELY gonna do B & C & NOTHING'S gonna distract me from them!"
So off you go to do B & on the way you find your first Orc-camp & OFC you end up logging off a few hours later having done B, H, I, J & K but NOT C.

Sooner or later you end up with A, B & C all done, but the game has this tendency do suck you into just having fun & makes it almost impossible to have the will-power & concentration necessary to stick to a fixed plan :p

I like it :D
-
-

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Nice release date anyway :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:BTW if you want to order it don't waste your time with play.com or game.co.uk or any of the other crappy online stores who exist purely to f*ck you about, get it directly from Codemasters http://www.codemasters.co.uk/eshop/list ... ?genre=RPG
It may seem more complicated at the time, but in the end it's actually a lot less complicated, and it sets up most of the Codemaster stuff you need to actually play.
What's the problem with these companies exactly? Is it to do with setting up your account if you don't order direct from the devs?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i think oohhoo is talking about the ordering fiasco

there is about 3 packs you can order

standard. - this does not have the founder offer
special - this has the founder offer
collectors - this has the founder offer plus some nifty stuff

then there is the matter of the 10day preorder advance you can get

seems like some of the companys say that you will get the advance and some say nothing and you have to hope for it.

I actually pre-ordered my copy from GAME but im almost 90% i will not get the 10day preorder advance..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Xest wrote:What's the problem with these companies exactly? Is it to do with setting up your account if you don't order direct from the devs?
No it's mainly stuff like...
Not being able to order from them unless you live in the UK without that actually being stated anywhere on their website so the first you know about it is in the email they send you the next day refusing your order...
Or...
They pretend that your credit card details couldn't be verified & then tell you to ring them up...
Or...
They tell you P&P is free & then debit your CC whilst sending you an email to tell you that they can't actually process your order with free P&P cos you don't live in the UK so you have to go through the hassle of contacting your bank to refuse the debit...
etc...
Codemasters didn't seem to have any problems with my order at all, & you need to visit their site anyway to set up an account to be able to play, so... why order from anywhere else really?
-
-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Lieva wrote:i think oohhoo is talking about the ordering fiasco

there is about 3 packs you can order

standard. - this does not have the founder offer
special - this has the founder offer
collectors - this has the founder offer plus some nifty stuff

then there is the matter of the 10day preorder advance you can get

seems like some of the companys say that you will get the advance and some say nothing and you have to hope for it.

I actually pre-ordered my copy from GAME but im almost 90% i will not get the 10day preorder advance..
Sorry but that's totally wrong.
You can get the 10-day preorder even if you don't buy the game at all.
It costs £1:99 from retail stores
or £4:99 from Codemasters, but you then get a £4:99 credit on any other article in their store, so effectively it costs nothing.
You get the Founder offer by partaking in their 10-day preorder. It has nothing to do with which edition of the game you buy.
-
-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

or to put it another way...
The 10-day thing is a seperate product from the various editions of the game, although some retailers are selling the 10-day thing together with the various editions of the game as a bundle.
The edition of the game which you have bought has nothing whatsoever to do with the 10-day thing unless they were sold together as a bundle.

The 10-day thing is just a code which you can use together with the beta-client to gain access to the game 10 days before official release, & also entitles you to the benefits of the Founder Program.

If you want the 10-day thing & aren't sure wether or not you're currently going to get one, the best thing to do is go to your local store & get one for £1.99. You can always give 1 to a friend if you end up getting 2.

When I bought mine from Codemasters I received the 10-days code & the Founders-code about 1 minute later by email.
-
-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

To make it easier to understand, here's the email I got from Codemasters when I bought the pre-order there:-

Order Number: <my order number here>

Thank you for your recent The Lord of the Rings Online(tm): Shadows of
Angmar(tm) (LOTRO) Pre-order. Below you will find the details that allow you to access Middle-earth(tm).

In order to download your client, you will need to:
- Be able to download a 3GB+ client
- Have a broadband connection
- Meet the game's minimum specs below

- Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1800+
- nVidia GeForce 3
- 64 MB Video Memory
- 512 MB RAM or more
- 7 GB Disk Space
- DX9c+ DirectX
- Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 56K Connection
- DirectX compatible
- 16xCD-ROM or 2xDVD ROM

Instructions to enter the game
------------------------------

1 - If you haven't already done so, you will need to set up a free Codemasters Online Gaming (COG) account. To do this, go to http://www.codemasters.com/cog/ and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account.

2 - Next you need to set up a subscription in your COG account. Once your COG account is active, log into it to create a new subscription.
Click on the 'Click here to create a new subscription link'. From the drop down product list, select 'The Lord of the Rings Online'

Your Pre-order early access registration key is:

<My secret Pre-order early access registration key here>

*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE THE FOLLOWING KEY UNTIL SATURDAY THE 14TH OF APRIL, AT 08.00 GMT.*

Finally, type the word you see in the box. After submitting this information you should see a message saying 'Your subscription to The Lord of the Rings Online has been created successfully.'

3 - Download and install the game client. If you haven't already done so, download and install the LOTRO game client. You can download it via one of our exclusive download partners:

http://www.fileplanet.com/169391/160000 ... est-Client

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=156802

The client is approximately 3GB in size so it might take some time to complete! Once the download has completed, double-click the executable to begin installation. Follow the on-screen instructions throughout the installation process.

4 - Play away!
Once installed, run the LOTRO game client. A window will appear asking you to enter your login and password. Here you should input the COG username and password you chose in step 1. The game may patch itself at this point. Once complete, simply log into the game and you are ready to play!

5 - Once your 10-day early access key has expired, you will need to purchase yourself a full retail key / box. You can purchase a full retail version of the game from one of the retailers listed on this
page: http://www.lotro-europe.com/wheretobuy/ or alternatively you may use the following £5 coupon to get a discount on the full retail version from the Codemasters E-store:

<My secret £5 Codemasters-Coupon-Code here>

http://www.codemasters.com/estore/

Founder Program
----------------

To take advantage of the special Founder Program, please follow these simple instructions:

1 - Please visit http://www.lotro-europe.com/founder/ and enter the following pass code when promted:

<My secret Founder Program code here>

PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO BE A CODE M MEMBER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER!

2 - Follow the on screen instructions to purchase either your lifetime subscription or 6-month subscription offer.

3 - Once you receive your founder offer key, you may use this in conjunction with your retail key to activate your account at http://www.codemasters.com/cog Please have both keys ready when you upgrade your Early Access to a full retail subscription.

More information and detailed instructions will be provided upon your purchase of a Founder Program offer.

Customer Support
----------------

If you require support during your LOTRO experience you can submit a ticket by logging into our Customer Support system here http://cogsupport.codemasters.com/ using your COG player account details and selecting "submit a ticket". Please ensure you select "LOTRO Support" to submit your query.

To participate in discussions about LOTRO with your fellow members, please visit
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... .php?f=417
and post your comments.

Codemasters Online Gaming would like to thank you for your purchase of LOTRO and we look forward to seeing you in game!

Codemasters Online Gaming
cogsupport@codemasters.com
http://www.lotro-europe.com
-
-

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”