Lord of the Rings online - Screenshots

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Nothing wrong with the Graphics, but I have to say that the game looks incredible boring.

And also a MMO without PvP is crap imo, would never pay for that.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Elrandhir wrote:Nothing wrong with the Graphics, but I have to say that the game looks incredible boring.
Depends what you're looking for I guess.
I like it :D

I originally moved from UO to DAoC because I wanted to get away from PvP games, & DAoC was supposed to be RvR & not PvP, but eventually they turned it into a PvP game with an RvR sub-plot which wasn't what I was looking for at all.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

OohhoO wrote:Depends what you're looking for I guess.
I like it :D

Any MMO should have good PvP for me to play it, sure it's good with a fun PvE also, but without PvP it feels pointless.

Also I hate to much Roleplayeing stuff in a MMO, it just gets silly.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I think it's safe to say that if you're looking for a challenging or competetive game then LotRo isn't the game for you, but if you're looking for a non-stressy relaxing fun game then IMO LotRo is ace :)
-
-

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

OohhoO wrote:I think it's safe to say that if you're looking for a challenging or competetive game then LotRo isn't the game for you, but if you're looking for a non-stressy relaxing fun game then IMO LotRo is ace :)

I do, sure to some extent what you'r talking about should be in the game ofcourse, but just that wont cut it, I need to have PvP later on or I will get bored with the game.

PvE is only fun for that long, then it will get very repetetive, first time seeing some new things PvEwise can be cool, but a MMO without PvP just don't cut it for me, then Il rather have an Single player RPG like BG or NWN2.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Personally I think it's a great thing.
Finally a MMORPG for the casuals :)
OFC it might mean that there will be less sheep/cannon-fodder available for the PvP MMORPGs, & since most PvP MMORPGs rely on sheep to provide entertainment for the l33t d00ds & wannabe l33t d00ds that might be a bad development for the PvP MMORPGs.
On the other hand it might force future PvP MMORPGs to provide better & more balanced content to keep a more balanced player-base, which would also be a good development, because basically in current PvP MMORPGs you're either a leet d00d min/maxer/ganker or you suffer endless frustration.
-
-

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

OohhoO wrote:Personally I think it's a great thing.
Finally a MMORPG for the casuals :)
OFC it might mean that there will be less sheep/cannon-fodder available for the PvP MMORPGs, & since most PvP MMORPGs rely on sheep to provide entertainment for the l33t d00ds & wannabe l33t d00ds that might be a bad development for the PvP MMORPGs.
On the other hand it might force future PvP MMORPGs to provide better & more balanced content to keep a more balanced player-base, which would also be a good development, because basically in current PvP MMORPGs you're either a leet d00d min/maxer/ganker or you suffer endless frustration.

Na, have to disagree with you, leetness in games comes will happen wherever tbh when a Game have been out long enough, thats not the Makers faulth, and it's really impossible to make it Equal for those new to a game and people who have played it for ages.

Noone can really exspect to do as well in an area of a game as someone who have had maby years of practice, then it takes lots of effort from you if you want that to happen.

I think it's silly when people who havent played much PvP atall complain because of things like this, because it's really their own faulth, if you want to be competetive you need to practise to be so, and also as I said when a Game has been out as long as Daoc have it's to much to ask for getting on same level as people who have played for years.

If you want Casual, then MMO's is really the wrong thing, well if the game isent totally content less ofcourse, because then you wont miss out on anything by not playing to much.

A game could only be like you described if people never learned anything when playing, but as people learn they perfect how they play, and you can't avoide that from happening, it's like if I would join a Counterstrike server and expect to win over other players who may have played it for years, that just wont happen without lots of practise, and you may never get as good as some others, this aint wrong, it's just how it is and should be, so noone can expect a game to make so those who are really poor can compete against hose with years of experience, the only way to change this is to make an effort and learn how to play well yourself.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

That's true.
But on the other hand there are sheep & wolves & wannabe wolves, & real wolves are relatively rare in my experience.
If there is a MMORPG for sheep then there's no longer any reason for the sheep to subject themselves to the wolves & wannabe-wolves, which means the MMORPGs for wolves & wannabe-wolves might no longer be able to rely on the sheep to provide the wolves & wannabe-wolves with entertainment, which means the MMORPGs for wolves & wannabe-wolves might also have to evolve & improve in order to survive.
It could work out well for all concerned IMO :)
-
-

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

OohhoO wrote:That's true.
But on the other hand there are sheep & wolves & wannabe wolves, & real wolves are relatively rare in my experience.
If there is a MMORPG for sheep then there's no longer any reason for the sheep to subject themselves to the wolves & wannabe-wolves, which means the MMORPGs for wolves & wannabe-wolves might no longer be able to rely on the sheep to provide the wolves & wannabe-wolves with entertainment, which means the MMORPGs for wolves & wannabe-wolves might also have to evolve & improve in order to survive.
It could work out well for all concerned IMO :)

Well there is always Sheep and Wolves as you want to call it, in a pure PvE it will just be look at me I got the coolest items instead.

Still I mostly don't like pure PvE games because it feels pointless, look at me I have this Great glowing sword, and with my leet skills I will now slay this whatever mob >.<

The only thing better items make me do is kill brainless mobs easier, as I said earlier PvE can be nice for awhile and when new, but after awhile you really want something more.

I get bored just thinking about a game without PvP =P

For me Daoc was the perfect game, but it has just been out to long now, the game should have looked more like it do now from the start I think, because now there is so much more to help newcommers, but thats not really to useful now ;D

I hope Warhammer will be good, Il try that when it gets out.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

OohhoO wrote:Hmmmmm

Yesterday the Brits started slagging off the Germans & French in the open channel for not speaking English on a UK server (which it isn't :p) & making tasteless comments about WWII, which really wasn't called for :(

In return the Germans & French asked the Brits WTH they were doing on a European server when they don't want to belong to Europe in the first place & telling them to get back to doing what they do best (licking George W Bush's ass :p) , which also wasn't called for but was at least amusing :D

I logged at that point as racism spoils my fun.
Unless they make different language servers & preferably also roleplay servers I can't help but feel it might be better as a single-player game.

I would have told the foreigners to get used to talking in English, because it's the international language and one day all other languages will be banned. ;)

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”