Warhammer

Home for Warhammer Online players
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

nice article Dog of War mercs in the game as well?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

ABOUT WARHAMMER® ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONINGTM (WAR)

War is everywhere in Warhammer® Online: Age of ReckoningTM (WAR), the new MMORPG from the creators of Dark Age of Camelot® . Based on Games Workshop's wildly successful Warhammer® tabletop fantasy war game, WAR features next generation Realm vs. RealmTM (RvR) game play that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict. Players can choose to join the Armies of Order (Dwarfs, High Elves, and human subjects of the Empire) or the sinister Armies of Destruction (Orcs and Goblins, Dark Elves, and human worshippers of Chaos) with the ultimate goal in RvR combat being the sacking of an enemy's capital city. To do this, an army must invade and take control of the opposition's homeland. Deciding battles take place on objective-based battlefields and in instanced scenarios - point-balanced battles that make use of NPC mercenaries known as Dogs of War. For the first time, WAR's RvR system integrates both Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and Player vs. Environment (PvE) quests on the same map. Every aspect of the game, including PvE missions, is geared towards the greater war in some important way. Drawing from a quarter century of highly detailed source material, Warhammer® Online: Age of ReckoningTM will bring Games Workshop's fantasy world to life in a way that will allow players to create characters destined for great deeds and glory on the field of battle.
This part was nice reading :)

/Ankh

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

i like the idea that u wont be able to run through enemy.. but u can friendlys..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

battlefields and in instanced scenarios
WAR's RvR system integrates both Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and Player vs. Environment (PvE) quests on the same map
Why they wanna copy WoW's PvP, when DAoC's is clearly superior doh: doh: doh:
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

HappyG wrote:Why they wanna copy WoW's PvP, when DAoC's is clearly superior doh: doh: doh:
Problem with DAoCs is that because a lot of people will only ever play one realm it means you're designing content that only like 1/2th of your playerbase will ever see because they wont touch another realm. Means you've put a lot of time into content creation that will only be seen by a portion of your playerbase, WoW's system ensures every player has access to the whole world pretty much. Mythic already moved away from this with ToA's shared zones, Catacombs shared zones etc.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

HappyG wrote:Why they wanna copy WoW's PvP, when DAoC's is clearly superior doh: doh: doh:
You got all those 3 in daoc too in the frontier tbh.

/Ankh

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Yeah, but next sentence says "Every aspect of the game, including PvE missions, is geared towards the greater war in some important way."

As I read it, it smells like AV in WoW.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

HappyG wrote:Yeah, but next sentence says "Every aspect of the game, including PvE missions, is geared towards the greater war in some important way."

As I read it, it smells like AV in WoW.
Dunno about that...but as WoW have stolen most things from warhammer imo its ok if they steal some parts from WoW (but I havent tried the pvp part in wow so I have no idea if its fun or not)

Tbh all equipment you find in pve in daoc is usable against other players too...so you could kind of say that they got that part in daoc too :P

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=143138

Jas found this page, quite interesting reading.
How are you handling PvP and RvR combat?

Eugene Evans: When taking part in PvP and RvR in Dark Age Of Camelot, you almost always needed to be in a group - then you'd need to find another group to take on - before you could fight. In Age of Reckoning, if you go into a certain type of RvR battle and if your group isn't up to the complete points requirement of the group you're going to attack, we'll give you NPCs to help match your team with the opposing side.
/Ankh

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

The third tier is Scenarios, which is the most important piece of RvR. It's battle point-based, evenly matched, arena combat. Imagine you're running towards a large area like a giant gate in a Dwarven wall. As you get close to it you'll get torn out of the world and placed in a lobby where you can see all of your friends who are there with you. You'll be able to see a set of objectives, such as capturing the gate. After that you're given a time limit to complete that objective. If you're on your own you'll get matched up with a group, if you're with a group you'll probably get matched up with a couple of other groups before being spat out on opposite ends of the battlefield to fight over the objective. Whoever wins gets the rewards.
I'm not sure I like the sound of this. It's going to be really immersion breaking, no? It seems very artificial, for the main RVR play. I wouldn't mind instanced arenas so you could set up fights with people (like large-scale duels) but for this to be the end game seems kinda wrong.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Return to “Warhammer Online”