Warhammer

Home for Warhammer Online players
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

ambera wrote:..and quite possibly (it's in at the moment) enemy collision detection, which will make for a very different experience.
?? do you mean my fingers will vibrate when I bump into something... corrr
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

?? do you mean my fingers will vibrate when I bump into something... corrr
No Shark. The shaking and the bumping into things, that's the DT's. o.O

Seriously though, think about it. No /stick, no /assist, no run-through. This is going to be a twitcher's paradise (so I'll suck at at - but I still wanna see it).
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

If Warhammer goes the same way that DAoC has, with all the nerfs and patches and expansions that keep moving the goal posts further apart, then I'm inclined not to play it, except out of curiosity.

I'm more inclined to play LotR Online, as I've always been a fan of LotR. I don't have the time to play all the mmorpgs and it would be a waste of money paying several subcriptions. It's better to play one and make something of it, than to try and spread oneself too "thinly" over a large area, if you catch my drift.

Then there was the big character "stripping" incident on Prydwen. A lot of players are still not happy with it and how it was handled by GOA. So even if I did play Warhammer, I'd play on the US servers.

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

I wouldn't think that Mythic makes the same mistake with nerfs again. Their recent policy seems to be much better. So in that respect I dare to say the playing experience in WAR will be much better. 8)

And to be brutally honest - any major hub will have the same problem. Whether the servers are hosted in Frankfurt, London, Paris or in Amsterdam - lag will be induced simply due to the fact that TCP/IP was designed to take the available way, not the fastest.

The question for me is mainly is France Telekom serious about their hosting business. There is a prediction that the online market is booming but the main servers for this are in the US or Korea. Both countries with an excellent infrastructure, unlike Europe which is better described as medieval in its approach to broadband.
Having said that with good routing protocols it is possible to improve the quality of response times - if France Telekom gets this right with their hosting business (and why shouldn't they as they have a financial interest) then WAR can become a success in Europe.
But if they like to see how the release of WAR comes around, it is probably too late to make it a success. That is that they start investing into the infrastructure after the release and getting steamrolled.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

OMG Ankh, u and ur posts... u don't even play DAoC anymore ;)

About WAR and DAoC. Atm i still enjoy DAoC, but at times i ask myself if it's still worth playing. I don't like the idea of playing a game, knowing it might be dead in a year. So sometimes i wonder how much effort i should still put in the game.
I'm tempted to check out WAR ofc, even if it would only be to annoy Ankh.

Like the account idea Xest said, have a sub for both games, might keep DAoC interested for a lot people.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

ambera wrote:.....
For what it's worth, I think the 'bashing' in this thread has been very minor and would probably have been ignorable, but now, once again, this thread is all about whether it's OK to have a go at GOA, and the original topic isn't even being disucssed. :(
Bad me, the bloke in the stream almost sold it to me - his enthusiasm was pretty infectious. I'm not sure I can devote more of my life to another MMORPG though, I'll probably give them up when Warhammer comes out & go back to doing other stuff. I never really liked Warhammer anyway, much preferred D&D in it's various rule sets as a kid & so I probably wont miss much apart from the friends I gathered here - which is what I missed when I went US for a while
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Blutark
Emerald Rider

Post by Blutark »

imo pple who are ranting at goa should butt out of this thread ..this is about warhammer the game ..not the pple who run it ..if you want to rant at them do it via the proper chanels ..or start a goa bashing thread ...
gm of Dark Blade Mercanaries blutark2:
im too cute to die ..too old to live

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Blutark wrote:imo pple who are ranting at goa should butt out of this thread ..this is about warhammer the game ..not the pple who run it ..if you want to rant at them do it via the proper chanels ..or start a goa bashing thread ...
...no offence, but in that case perhaps this thread should be in the correct subgroup too ]http://www.prydwen.net/forumdisplay.php?f=168[/url]

/Ankh

Blutark
Emerald Rider

Post by Blutark »

ankh if it needs to be moved then let it be so ..
gm of Dark Blade Mercanaries blutark2:
im too cute to die ..too old to live

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

tbh it should be moved but i dont want to get my nose bitten off ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Warhammer Online”