Warhammer

Home for Warhammer Online players
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

ambera wrote:I'm not sure I like the sound of this. It's going to be really immersion breaking, no? It seems very artificial, for the main RVR play. I wouldn't mind instanced arenas so you could set up fights with people (like large-scale duels) but for this to be the end game seems kinda wrong.
Dunno, it sounds both good and bad. I guess we better wait until we get to actually try the game before we judge it.

But im not much for duels myself, so instanced areanas doesnt really sound good.

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

ambera wrote:I'm not sure I like the sound of this. It's going to be really immersion breaking, no? It seems very artificial, for the main RVR play. I wouldn't mind instanced arenas so you could set up fights with people (like large-scale duels) but for this to be the end game seems kinda wrong.

To me it sounds like the lesser of 2 evils. Instancing seems to be the way to go, both for balance and technical reasons, these days. The place you need the most balance and techinical capacity is the end game.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I think those who want balanced 8vs8 kinda fights are generally not that fussed about immersion in this respect anyway. I agree it has got the potential to screw things but I guess we have to wait and see how it's done, the lobby sounds like the worst part for damaging the immersion experience, without that I could imagine it being pulled off pretty well.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I am an 8v8er. I still like a sense of immersion though. I like the uncertainty. I like the freedom of having the whole frontier to play in, of being able to choose to look for balanced fights.

I can imagine learning to like this arena business, but it leans more towards FPS than RPG play, and that disappoints me.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

ambera wrote:I am an 8v8er. I still like a sense of immersion though. I like the uncertainty. I like the freedom of having the whole frontier to play in, of being able to choose to look for balanced fights.

I can imagine learning to like this arena business, but it leans more towards FPS than RPG play, and that disappoints me.
Instanced part is only about Scenarios and Campaigns (can't recall exactly how they named em), there is an open rvr zone where u can find whatever u want from soloers to zergs.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Aye, I know. Somehow, I thought the 3 tiers of RVR would be more seamless.

/shrug
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Return to “Warhammer Online”