more previews

Home for Warhammer Online players
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

more previews

Post by <ankh> »

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/708/708700p1.html

2 pages of previews with pictures included.

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

wooo, what a good read :)
makes me wanna play it now!
cheers Ankh
S
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Although there is collision detection so you can't run through people.
Ahh, finally!
Currently there's no macro support to /face or /stick either.
This was a very good idea, lets hope they don't add those options.
Upon entering WAR, players must determine their allegiance and join an Army. Those inclined towards the side of good may fight for the Armies of Order as an obstinate Dwarf, noble High Elf, or loyal human soldier of the Empire. Those inclined towards darker deeds may side with the sinister Armies of Destruction as a savage Greenskin (Orc or Goblin), corrupt Dark Elf, or marauding human worshipper of Chaos.

RvR combat takes place on three fronts where ancient foes wage an unending war - Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, High Elf vs. Dark Elf, and Empire vs. Chaos. Players begin the game fighting their ancestral enemy, but are free to journey to other fronts to help their allies in their ongoing struggles.

The ultimate goal in RvR combat is the sacking of an enemy's capital city. To do this, an army must invade and take control of the opposition's homeland. Deciding battles take place on objective-based battlefields and in instanced scenarios - point-balanced battles that make use of NPC mercenaries known as Dogs of War.
Sounds good.
It'll easy get 500,000+ subscribers just from people who are sick of WoW and want to play something similar. I don't think DAOC players will like the game much, but WoW fans are going to eat it up.
I wonder why... I actually don't like the sound of the DAOC part of this quote :(

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

<ankh> wrote: I wonder why... I actually don't like the sound of the DAOC part of this quote :(

/Ankh
hmm, dunno either.
Maybe the guy presumes DAOC players don't like the cartoonish side of the graphics....
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Everything else in the review would suggest DAoC players would like it. The only thing I can see that could put DAoC players off is "Deciding battles take place on objective-based battlefields and in instanced scenarios - point-balanced battles that make use of NPC mercenaries known as Dogs of War."

DAoC doesn't have instanced RvR or too many NPCs in RvR, whereas WoW does. I don't think that really means DAoCers won't like it though, and seems to be a nifty way to balance the fights depending on Server populations etc.

It certainly looks and sounds good to me so far. :D

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Ah well, we'll see how it goes ones it's release - Im dying to get my hands on this one and I'm 100% sure it will kick WoW's arse (im also 100% sure there are wow players who will whine and say "WHO stole <insert random thing> and <insert random thing> from WOW" just like daoc players did with wow when it was released....but I dont mind, as long as its a good game it can steal inspirations and ideas from every game in the world)

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

<ankh> wrote:Ah well, we'll see how it goes ones it's release - Im dying to get my hands on this one and I'm 100% sure it will kick WoW's arse (im also 100% sure there are wow players who will whine and say "WHO stole <insert random thing> and <insert random thing> from WOW" just like daoc players did with wow when it was released....but I dont mind, as long as its a good game it can steal inspirations and ideas from every game in the world)

/Ankh
/agree

This is the only game, i know of, in development that I am looking forward to, and have hopes it will long lasting.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

But I do hope they use warhammer v1.0 and not warhammer v2.0...I didnt like the new rules in WHFRP :( Then again, they might just work better in a computer rpg than a p&p rpg

/Ankh

Return to “Warhammer Online”